In these times, many people wonder whether air purifiers actually work or not, and they look for air purifier facts & statistics 2022.
If you buy a quality air purifier, it does help you. Not every air purifier’s quality is the same, and their effectiveness might vary from brand to brand or quality to quality.
As one air purifier facts & statistics 2022 report says, using them in your household helps to lower the sickness or the spread of sickness since it purifies the air and improves your sleep quality.
Air purifiers have many other facts and statistics that can impress you and change your mind for the better when it comes to how efficient they are.
Let’s see air purifier facts & statistics in 2022 and whether it is worth buying it.
Air Purifier Facts
1. Air purifiers help with asthma
Air purifiers help people with asthma to feel better and have fewer problems with their breathing. They help to capture all the pollutants worsening the problem through HEPA filters.
2. They help eliminate harmful chemicals
Activated carbon feature in air purifiers helps to eliminate the harmful chemicals from indoor air and avoid the risk of serious health risks, as research about air purifier facts & statistics 2022 suggests.
3. Bad odors from anything in your household are not a problem anymore
You can eliminate bad odors like smoke or oil from your cooking by using air purifiers in your house.
4. There are fewer chances for airborne viruses to be born.
Thanks to HEPA filters, there are fewer chances for airborne viruses to be born when you use air purifiers.
5. You can increase your sleep quality
According to an air purifier facts & statistics 2022 report, you have a better sleep and improve your sleep condition because the air is less toxic.
6. It increases your life expectancy
Your life expectancy could increase by a lot because you get better sleep, and your air is not as polluted as before as an air purifier facts & statistics 2022 report suggests.
7. Some air purifiers generate harmful ozone
Not all air purifiers are completely healthy; some of them could harm you, especially if you have allergies or other diseases.
When you are researching air purifiers, and you decide to buy one, make sure that the air purifier you choose does not generate ozone.
Even though they might not be harmful on small levels or to everyone, it is still best to be careful.
8. There is an ongoing maintenance cost to air purifiers
Air purifiers are not machines that do not require anything after purchase. After the initial purchase, you will need to maintain that air purifier in the long run.
This maintenance allows the air purifier to work without any problem and does not generate anything harmful.
9. The time it takes to clean a room’s air varies
If you have a big house or the room you are going to use is bigger than average, it might take a while for an air purifier to clean the room’s air, and some might not be able to fully clear it.
They have their capacities and can’t clean any more than that. Research about how many square meters an air purifier can clean.
10. Air purifiers have various certifications to be aware of
When producers put an air purifier on the market, they need to take it through certain tests from accredited organizations, according to the latest air purifier facts & statistics 2022.
Several of these organizations check an air purifier’s health security, ozone levels, and other things. Check these certifications to see if they match your needs.
11. There are air purifiers that make a lot of noise
Powerful air purifiers generally have big engines, which can make a lot of noise.
Some air purifiers specifically state how silent they are, so taking a look at this feature and deciding according to that could help you be more peaceful at your home.
However, many small or mid-size air purifiers do not make noise, but you should still be careful.
12. Five different air purifier types are available
The five types of purifiers are HEPA filter air purifiers, activated carbon purifiers, electrostatic precipitators purifiers, ultraviolet light air purifiers, and ozone generator purifiers.
They all serve a different purpose.
- HEPA filter air purifiers have HEPA filters to filter out pollutants in the air
- Activated carbon air purifiers trap the odors in the room, and they can’t catch the harmful pollutants like HEPA purifiers
- Electrostatic precipitators work with high voltage energy, a powerful air purifier type. However, their maintenance cost is higher because you need to change the filters regularly, and they release ozone, a harmful gas
- Ultraviolet light air purifiers work with UV to kill the germs in the air. Some of these types might release ozone
- Ozone generators work by absorbing the odors. These air purifiers are mostly suitable for hotels because they release a high level of ozone, making the room you use unusable. That is why do not buy these air purifiers in your room or house because they are dangerous.
Air Purifier Statistics
1. The global market size is at its peak
According to the latest air purifier facts & statistics 2022 report, the global air purifier market size was at $12.26 billion in 2021, and the expectation for growth of the global air purifier market is around 8.1% annually.
2. Air purifier’s market size increases because of diseases and air pollution
Experts expect the increase in air purifier market size is dominantly about the increasing airborne diseases and air pollution levels in most developed countries.
3. Most air purifier type is HEPA filter ones
The latest air purifier facts & statistics 2022 report says that HEPA filter air purifiers are the most used air purifier type, and they account for 40% of the total air purifier market size and the global revenue.
4. Commercials use air purifiers more
Commercial air purifiers had around 55% market size among all air purifier types in 2021. They led the market according to the latest study about air purifier facts & statistics 2022.
5. Smart air purifiers are growing faster than traditional air purifiers
Smart air purifiers are one of the newest additions to the air purifier market. Its global market is growing faster than traditional air purifiers.
Experts expect its market size to pass traditional air purifiers soon, according to the latest air purifier facts & statistics 2022 report.
6. The North American market expects a 7% increase annually in its market size
The North American air purifier market expects a 7% rise in its market size annually by the suggestions of the experts that are making the air purifier facts & statistics 2022 report.
7. The Asia Pacific dominated the air purifier market in the world in the last years
The biggest air purifier market in the world is the Asia Pacific location in the last several years, mainly due to the air pollution in the region.
Experts expect this market to increase even more due to changing environments, according to the air purifier facts & statistics 2022 report.
8. Air purifiers perform less in high pollution locations
According to a study by Smart Air, the air purifier’s level of success in cleaning the air goes down drastically when the pollution in the air is high.
When there are 0.5-micron particles in the air of a room, an air purifier reduces particles by around 80 to 85%. However, while the air had 2.5-micron particles, this number went down to around 55%.
9. Industry-standard HEP filter air purifiers remove at least 99% of particles
For an air purifier to be on the market and effectively work, it has to clean over 99% of all particles in the air in a 0.3-micron particle pollution air.
However, these settings are lab settings, and they might not mimic real-life circumstances as an air purifier facts & statistics 2022 report says.
Nevertheless, the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) asks for this standard for an air purifier to be on the market.
10. The location that dominates the air purifier market changes drastically
In 2019, the biggest air purifier user in the world was North America, with a 28% usage share compared to the entire air purifier market.
However, in 2021, the biggest user is now the Asia Pacific, with 40% of the global market. It is expected that this could change again with a higher market size percentage.
This happens because people use air purifiers more once the air pollution reaches critical levels.
11. The biggest user of air purifiers is the commercial segment
More than half of the users of air purifiers in the global market are commercial. The commercial segment takes about 55% of the entire air purifier market.
The commercial segment includes hospitals, hotels, educational centers, theaters, etc. Experts expect that to increase even more because of the air pollution.
12. Smart Air Purifier market size is much smaller than traditional air purifiers
The global smart air purifier market was around $5 billion in 2020, and the projections are to see $15 billion in ten years in 2030.
The traditional air purifier market stands at $12.26 billion, about 3 times more than the smart air purifier market.
The biggest difference between smart and traditional air purifiers is that you can use smart air purifiers wirelessly through your phone and have a Bluetooth connection.
That is why the annual growth of the smart air purifier market is around 10%, and it is only 8% with traditional air purifiers.
Shefali Jain is a Content Editor & Writer at National Planning Cycles.
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes.