Having a loan under your name surely is a headache, be it a personal loan, credit card loan, or even a student loan.
The quality of life gets directly affected when you are unable to pay off this unsecured loan.
But thanks to debt settlement companies, they help individuals pay off their debts and improve their lives.
So in this American Financial Solutions Reviews, we have broken down all the essential things that you must know if you are looking for an ideal debt settlement company.
|Portal||American Financial Solutions Reviews|
|Minimum Debt Settlement Requirement||Not disclosed|
|Features||Free consultation, Foreclosure prevention, etc.|
- American Financial Solution offers credit counseling, debt management, Bankruptcy counseling, Student Loan Counseling, Foreclosure Prevention, Credit Report Review, etc.
- AFS is accredited by COA and BBB and is also a member of NFCC.
- AFS has a rating of 4.9/5 stars on Trustpilot and holds a great reputation.
What Is American Financial Solutions?
American Financial Solutions is a non-profit company that provides financial education, credit counseling, and debt management services to its clients so that they can free themselves from debt.
AFS has helped more than 450,000 people pay off $9 million in debt for over twenty-one years.
AFS is accredited by Council on Accreditation (COA) and BBB. It is also a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC).
AFS also helps people deal with financial issues like foreclosure prevention, student loan counseling, bankruptcy counseling, etc., among others.
You can enroll in a free counseling session if you want to start with them.
Debt Management Plan
To pay off debts faster, American Financial Solutions offers a Debt Management plan to their clients.
In a Debt Management Plan (DMP), all your unsecured debt payments and credit card debt payments are consolidated into one monthly payment.
This process allows you to repay your loan faster. The best part is that American Financial Solutions negotiates with your creditors, reduces your interest rates, and eliminates late fees.
Also, you get to track all your payments, and with a DMP plan, you can get rid of all your debts in less than five years.
If you enroll in American Financial Solutions’ DMP plan, you will have to pay a monthly maintenance fee and a one-time setup fee. To get a quote on the fees, you will have to get in touch with them.
Features And Services Offered
Now that we know a bit about what American Financial Solutions is, let’s have a look at the kind of services and features that it offers:
- Foreclosure Prevention – If you are missing payments on your home, or having a mortgage default situation, also known as forecloser, then AFS can help you by providing a one-on-one counseling session with their HUD-certified counselors. To help you, they access your situation and then try to uncover various options that can help you deal with it.
- Student Loan Counseling – AFS also provides student loan counseling by certified counselors, so if you are unable to repay your student loan, then AFS can help you in dealing with the same.
- Home Ownership – More often than not, poor financial decisions lead people to the debt. But does that mean that they shouldn’t fulfill their wishes? Absolutely not! If you are thinking about buying a house, then you can go for AFS’ housing counseling or consumer credit counseling session, where their certified experts will help you assess your financial situation and will guide you to make the home-buying decision simple.
- Bankruptcy counseling – You can get pre-bankruptcy counseling or post-bankruptcy counseling, too, with AFS.
- Credit Report Review – AFS also provides free credit report counseling for those struggling with understanding their credit report.
Pros And Cons
- Excellent customer reviews and ratings.
- Dedicated certified counselors.
- Accreditations and Industry experience.
- Free consultation.
- No transparency on fees.
AFS offers free counseling, but they have not disclosed the fees charged by them.
The industry-standard fees lie between 15%-25% of the enrolled debt, so you can expect it to be somewhere around this.
Minimum Debt Amount
American Financial Solutions has not disclosed even the minimum debt requirement that they have in order for you to be eligible for their program.
So you can get in touch with them on this number (888) 864-8548 to get a quote on their fees and on the minimum debt amount requirement too.
Debt Relief Time
American Financial Solutions offer great help to their clients, and with their expertise, you can expect to get rid of your debt within two-five years.
Types Of Debts Addressed
These are the following kinds of debt that American Financial Solutions addresses:
- Credit card debt
- Personal loans
- Unsecured loans
- Medical bills
- Student loans
How To Get Started?
You can get started with American Financial Solutions by following two simple steps:
1. Go to American Financial Solutions’ website.
2. Now scroll down, and you will see a form. Fill out this form by providing your name, contact number, address, email id, etc., and click on get started.
3. Once you fill out the form, their team will get in touch with you shortly.
Hear it From Reddit Users
Joined afs now what?
by u/Arrow2lydiasknee in povertyfinance
NPC American Financial Solutions Ratings
|Debt Settlement help||4.8/5|
|Ease of use||4.8/5|
Customer Reviews And Ratings
So out of 1,969 customer reviews on Trustpilot, American Financial Solutions has a stellar combined rating of 4.9/5 stars. 92% of people were completely satisfied with AFS’ service and gave it five stars.
And less than 1% of people gave it one star, which is unlike anything we have ever seen.
American Financial Solutions has excellent customer support. You can either get in touch with them via the live chat option on their website, or you can call them on the following numbers from Monday through Friday between 6:00 am – 6:00 pm PT:
- Counseling – 888.282.5844
- Credit counseling – 888-282-5899
- Bankruptcy counseling – 800-894-7240
- Housing counseling – 888-864-8699
- Partnership opportunities – 888-282-5492 ext. 1114
- Financial education classes – 888-282-5492 ext. 1114
What Differentiates It?
American Financial Solutions offers top-class debt solutions to their customers, which is why they have a less than 1% of dissatisfaction score.
They offer tailored solutions to everyone on various issues, including home loan counseling, student loan counseling, and even foreclosure prevention, unlike any other company.
American Financial Solutions is for you if you are looking for a debt settlement company that offers actual results.
So we contacted American Financial Solutions for a free counseling session regarding a house we planned to buy.
So their home-loan expert counselor asked us about our monthly expenses, income, and any debts that we may have, along with many other things, to assess our financial situation and to suggest if we should even go for a home loan or not.
From our current financial situation, he deduced that it’s best if we wait for a year or two before we buy a house.
And this counseling session helped us so much in making a prudent decision.
How We Review Debt Settlement Companies?
We review debt settlement companies based on the following factors:
- Services and products offered
- Fees charged
- Effectiveness of the solutions provided
- Customer ratings and reviews
- Reputation and more
Read our detailed Debt Relief Review Methodology
|Company||American Financial Solutions||Credit Associates|
|Minimum Debt Settlement Requirement||Not revealed||Not revealed|
|Features||Foreclosure prevention, Homeownership, etc.||Free debt health check, Money-back guarantee, etc.|
|Fees||Not revealed||Not revealed|
|Relief Time||12-60 months||12-48 months|
|Savings||Not revealed||40-50% excluding fees|
In this American Financial Solutions review, we saw that this debt relief company offers features like Student Loan Counseling, Bankruptcy counseling, etc., and although they have not provided any information on their fees, they claim to help you deal with your debt in 12-60 months.
But if you are looking for a more transparent company or simply want to hand this delicate matter to the best company, then you can go for CuraDebt Relief company which is one of our best picks.
This is because super transparent about its fees and eligibility criteria. To get started with them, you need to have a minimum of $5000 in debt and have to pay a fee of 20% of the total enrolled debt and expect to get free of debt within 24-48 months.
We hope you found this article helpful and hope you get out of your debt soon.
American Financial Solutions is available in how many states?
American Financial Solutions operates in all 50 states nationwide.
Is American Financial Solutions legit?
Yes, AFS is accredited by Council on Accreditation (COA) and is hundred percent legit.
What BBB rating does American Financial Solutions has?
It has an A+ BBB rating.
How does American Financial Solutions cancelation policy works?
American Financial Solutions does not bind you any contract, and thus you can cancel your plan with them whenever you like.
Do American Financial Solutions offer a money-back guarantee?
No, they do not offer a money-back guarantee.
Traci is a highly experienced debt resolution expert with over 8 years of expertise in helping people become debt-free through various debt relief programs. As a former employee of a well-known debt relief company, she possesses exceptional knowledge and skills to take care of debt-related issues.
When not writing about debt, Traci can be found conducting in-depth research on the latest developments in the industry to ensure that she stays up-to-date with the latest trends and strategies.
The National Planning Cycles is committed to producing high-quality content that follows industry standards. We do this by using primary sources, such as white papers and government data alongside original reporting from reputable publishers that were appropriate for the accuracy of information while still being unbiased. We have an editorial policy that includes verifiable facts with due credit given where applicable.