If you are looking to buy a decent-sized tv that offers good features and affordable pricing, then check out our guide on 9 Best 42 Inch TV.
We know that buying a TV that comes with the most basic features sometimes becomes the priority because of the budget requirements as well as other reasons.
Well, it is not the premium range to get a Television, but you can still make some of the best decisions if you set your requirements straight.
When you know your requirements, you know which TV is fulfilling your needs and, in this way, you can make the best decision.
Should You Buy A 42 inch TV?
When you take a look at the competition in the market in the 42-inch tv category you will be amazed.
The reason is that almost every manufacturer is providing their best products in this range.
This sets the competition very high and calling any one of the available options the best can be difficult.
However, we conducted proper research to provide you with the list of all the Best 42 inch TV choices.
We considered everything from the features list to the experience and quality factors so that the products you get to see can all be your perfect choice as the Best 42 inch TV.
Best 42 inch TV
Here are our 9 best options based on:
- Insignia F20 Series Smart TV – Overall Best
- Supersonic Smart Full HDTV – Best Smart Wi-Fi
- Skyworth Premium LED TV – Best Premium Experience
- Jensen Full HD TV – Best Versatile Features
- Sunbrite Pro Series – Best All-Weather Outdoor
- OCYE HDR Smart TV – Best Compatibility
- Smart 42 Inch LED TV 4K – Best 4K Display
- OCYE Smart Curved LED TV – Best Curved Screen
- XLOO Smart HD TV – Best Eyes Protective
1. Insignia F20 Series Smart TV – Overall Best
The first one on our list is this newly released and latest model from Insignia. Insignia is a brand that is not only known because of its high quality and reliability.
It also brings the best features for the customers under the best price bracket. All of these are the reasons behind this being our overall Best 42 inch TV for you.
Pros and Cons
- Comes with all the latest smart TV features for full-on entertainment
- Supports several streaming features with the help of Wi-Fi internet connectivity.
- An immersive sound experience because of the DTS TruSurround feature
- It comes with a 1080p 60 Hz display panel which could have been better.
What makes this product the best among all?
People these days are only looking for 2 things. One of them is the presence of the latest features and the other one is being budget-friendly.
This tv not only gets full marks for those two things but also comes with a lot of additional features that are hardly found in any other TV of the same league.
With all of these premium features available at a budget-friendly price, this tv comes with peace of mind which altogether makes it the best product among all the available choices.
Our experience with the product
If you are reading reviews and you read some folks saying that the size of this screen is not 42″, then you need to ignore those folks.
They might not have much idea about the screen sizes. It is definitely 42″ because I ordered it and it has it on my wall now.
This 42″ TV is simply awesome. I am really satisfied with the picture quality. I am very happy with the overall features.
We operate it with the help of Alexa, and it worked great for us in our basement gym.
I am recommending it to everyone because this product deserves appreciation.
Insignia F20 Series Smart TV Unboxing
2. Supersonic Smart Full HDTV – Best Smart Wi-Fi
Smart TVs are what most people are looking for these days because these TVs can support the latest movie and content streaming platforms.
If you are also looking for such a product then this one is your best choice. It comes with all the smart features because of the Android operating system.
Apart from that, it comes with NTSC and ATSC tuner technologies making it the perfect tv to use with your local TV provider.
Pros and Cons
- Supports Wi-Fi, HDMI, as well as USB for all the connectivity needs.
- DLED Display panel technology provides images clear as waver.
- Works seamlessly with Google Smart Assistant.
- There is no ethernet connectivity option available on this TV.
3. Skyworth Premium LED TV – Best Premium Experience
Although it is not the TV range where there are a lot of Premium TVs available as most of the manufacturers are focused on providing the basic features only.
However, Skyworth is the brand that comes with something special for you.
This TV from Skyworth can be your Best 42 inch TV if you are up for a premium user experience at a very low cost.
Many features can be highlighted about this TV as it is packed with the most amazing features
Pros and Cons
4. Jensen Full HD TV – Best Versatile Features
Sometimes all you need from a product is being versatile and if that is the case with you then it might be the best product you are seeing here.
This TV is known for its versatility when it comes to feature availability.
It comes in an RV Wall-mount design with a lot of features packed inside it bringing the best experience for you.
Pros and Cons
- Comes with 2 HDMI ports so that you can connect your PC and Gaming Console with it at the same time
- Supports ATSC tuning for an amazing HDTV experience
- Works freely with different resolutions ranging from 480p to 1080p.
- There is no Wi-Fi support available on this TV
5. Sunbrite Pro Series – Best All-Weather Outdoor
You can be a pool party host or organize some other party at your place where you need all the entertainment.
While other TVs do not come with the best performance under direct sunlight, this is the TV that is made to deal with such conditions.
Moreover, it is built with reliability to deal with all seasons in outdoor conditions.
So, if you are planning to buy an additional TV for your backyard then it might be the best choice.
Pros and Cons
- Slim and Sleek design with thin bezels
- Comes with different connectivity ports to easily connect all your external input devices
- The screen is protected with tempered glass so there is no issue if you have any sports and games going around it
- It does not support any streaming platforms which can be a deal-breaker for some people
6. OCYE HDR Smart TV – Best Compatibility
Are you looking for a TV that is compatible with almost every device that you think of? If yes, then it is the product that you need to take a look at.
In terms of compatibility and other features, there might be no better choice as compared to this one.
It is the TV that comes with the best quality features whether it is about the user experience, hardware, or software features.
Pros and Cons
- Sound system backed with Hi-Fi Sound Effects for an amazing listening experience set right according to the content you have on the screen
- Comes with HDR to ensure the picture quality and vibrance are set right as you like them
- Supports USB multimedia and video playback
- There is no ethernet support available on this TV
7. Smart 42 Inch LED TV 4K – Best 4K Display
4K display panels come with an experience that if used once then you cannot downgrade to 1080p resolution.
Well, that’s not all about this TV as it brings a lot of other features along with its best resolution like wide viewing angles along with the streaming services with the usage of Wi-Fi support.
Pros and Cons
- Energy Saving operation ensures that you will get savings on your power bills
- The android operating system provides the best user experience with its smart control features like voice inputs and application download.
- Comes with Ips 178 Degree viewing angle screen so that everyone around the TV can enjoy the content.
- There are no options for wired internet or ethernet connectivity.
8. OCYE Smart Curved LED TV – Best Curved Screen
If you need something unique for your home, then it can be your right choice as this is the Best 42 inch TV with a curved screen display as one of its main features.
Apart from this mainly highlighted feature, there are a lot of other features available on this Tv bringing an experience like no other TV available in the market
Pros and Cons
- The 450 cd/m^2 brightness of its display makes the screen well-lit for all types of content
- Supports USB input so you can watch your content with ease
- Supports working with streaming apps via Wi-fi and Satellite cable input as well for streaming all your local and international channels.
- It does not come with ethernet connectivity for wired internet connection.
9. XLOO Smart HD TV – Best Eyes Protective
The last one here on our list is more about your protection along with the amazing features.
Eye Protection makes it the Best 42 inch TV that is focused on bringing a healthy entertainment experience for its customers.
Apart from that its amazing features make it an amazing choice for everywhere including office as well as your home.
Pros and Cons
- Supports Wi-I, USB, and HDMI inputs so that you can connect any of your preferred external devices
- Image processing capabilities ensure that you enjoy all of your fast-paced action without the motion blur effect on the screen
- Provides 1080p crystal clear viewing experience.
- It does not support a 120 Hz super-smooth refresh rate.
|PRODUCT||Rating||Price||Best For||Resolution||Display Technology||Voice Assisant||HDMI Ports||Refresh Rate|
|Insignia F20 Series Smart TV||4.5/5||$179.99||Overall||1080p||LED-backlit||Alexa||N/A||60Hz|
|Supersonic Smart Full HDTV||4/5||$299.90||Smart Wi-Fi||1080p||LED||Google Assistant||2||N/A|
|Skyworth Premium LED TV||4.1/5||$233.23||Premium Experience||1080p||LED||Google Assistant, Alexa||2||60Hz|
|Jensen Full HD TV||N/A||$311.84||Versatile Features||1080p||LCD||N/A||2||N/A|
|Sunbrite Pro Series||5/5||$2,272.70||All-Weather Outdoor||1080p||LED||N/A||2||60Hz|
What To Consider While Buying A 42 inch TV?
When you are going to buy your Best 42 inch TV the following factors must be considered.
Only in this way, you will be able to make the right and the perfect buying decision for yourself.
The first thing to check in your Best 42 inch TV is the screen resolution. 4K is the best choice while 1080p is also acceptable., However, anything below that is not acceptable.
Display panel technology
You must look for all the smart features like an assistant, operating system, screen sharing, and other features for an amazing experience.
Image processing and enhancement features
The image processing capabilities of a TV can change our experience of that TV.
So, make sure that you are getting a TV with the most powerful processor and higher refresh rates.
Your TV being compatible with your devices is the most important thing.
So, make sure to check the devices that you are looking to use and if the selected TV is compatible with them or not
Whatever Tv you are buying, make sure that there are at least 3 to 4 HDMI ports available.
The TV will still be good with 2 HDMI ports, but more is better for a better experience
The last thing to check is the sound quality. It is not great these days so you must plan your budget to get a soundbar along with your TV. Also, check if your TV supports one.
By keeping an eye on all of these things you can make the best decision, otherwise, it is not easily possible.
Read: 8 Best 82 INCH TV
Read: 10 Best 32 Inch TV
Buying the right tv for yourself means that you are making a wise investment with everything you need on your mind.
It will not only bring peace of mind, but it will also be your investment that will last for years without needing to upgrade because of missing features.
So, whenever you are going to buy your Best 42 inch TV make sure to consider the buying guide and your requirements as well as it will be the best way to purchase the best product for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do You Need To Consider The TV Viewing Angles?
Yes, your TV screen must be made with IPS technology ensuring 178 degrees viewing at least. Anything below that will not be acceptable at all.
What Is The Best Size For Buying A TV?
The TV size depends on your requirements and the space you have.
There must be ample space between your eyes and the TV screen for safe tv usage. So, the best way of buying a tv is by considering your place’s size first.
Are Curved TVs The Future?
Although they are unique in terms of looks and experience, they did not hit the market like they were expected to.
So, one can say that Flat Screen TVs are the better choice in comparison.
Can You Use Your Best 42 Inch TV As Your Computer Screen?
Yes, if your Best 42-inch TV supports HDMI or VGA inputs then you can use your TV as your computer Screen.
All you need then is a computer that supports the same video output methods.
Amit Gupta is the founder of National Planning Cycles, a company that helps startups, individuals, and small businesses with their financial planning. He has a vast amount of experience in the finance sector, having managed Google Play accounts for some of the world’s most successful unicorns. Amit is an expert in his field, and he uses his knowledge to help others achieve their individual goals.