Are you tired of waiting for your water to get heated up each time you need it? Don’t worry and get yourself one of these 80-Gallon Water Heaters.
It’s a no-brainer that we need hot water daily for many purposes. We cannot perform a lot of things without having hot water.
If you are living in a place where you need hot water in a large amount you also have to get a large water heater for it.
For this, you can consider an 80-gallon water heater as it is enough water for days.
But you have to make sure that you are getting one of the water heaters which takes care of all your required needs.
This way you will be able to get access to hot water all the time. You can find a lot of options when it comes to an 80-gallon water heater.
Let’s have a look at them!
How Does an 80-gallon water heater Work?
A water heater is an appliance which helps in providing us with hot water.
It has internal components attached that are used for heating the water so that we can use it for different purposes.
Just as the name suggests 80-gallon water heater is a large water heater that can occupy water capacity to 80 gallons.
If you want access to a large amount of water you need to get your hands on one of the best 80-gallon water heaters.
This is going to provide you with hot water in abundance.
Best 80-Gallon Water Heaters
Here are our 10 best options based on:
- Best Performance: Amtrol 80 Gallon Indirect-Fired Water Heater
- Best Electric: AO Smith LTE-80D, Electric Water Heater
- Best Dual: AO Smith 80 Gallon – Direct Solar Booster Water Heater
- Best for Commercial Use: American Standard Water Heaters Commercial Natural Gas Water Heater
- Best Copper: AO Smith Electric Water Heater
- Best Wind: American Standard 80 Gallon (Not CA Compliant)
- Best Heat Retention: American Standard Natural Gas Water Heater
- Best CSA: AO Smith BTR-199 Tank Type Water Heater with Commercial Natural Gas
- Best Residential: AO Smith Heat Pump Water Heater
- Best Budget: Rheem Universal Commercial Water Heater
1. Amtrol 80 Gallon Indirect-Fired Water Heater – Best Performance
You have to get a water heater for yourself that can have the capacity for a large amount of water.
You can get this product with convenience and trust because it is reliable. It is recommended by most people and it has been in demand for quite a time.
- It is made up of stainless steel and plastic.
- The water capacity is 80 gallons.
- The item weight is 170 pounds.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty for the water heater and one year warranty for its components.
Pros and Cons
- It has a huge water capacity.
- It comes in perfect size and shape.
- It is made of durable material.
- You can get quality assistance from the company.
- You can get heated water within less time.
- It is available in only one option.
What makes it a better option than others?
This product is very popular among people these days. It has a lot of significance and you will also get it with a long duration of the warranty.
The product is also made up of stainless steel which makes it durable and worthwhile.
2. AO Smith LTE-80D Electric Water Heater – Best Electric
You have to look for many things before purchasing a product.
However, if you want a complete package with everything that you are looking for this is one of the best products.
It has all the features that anyone can want from a water heater.
- The material type of the product is stainless steel.
- The power source is corded electric.
- It has a capacity of 80 gallons.
- It requires 240 voltages.
Pros and Cons
- The product will serve you for a long time.
- It is reliable.
- You can use it easily.
- It does not come with any kind of complications.
- It is energy efficient.
- You need a constant supply of electricity to make it work.
3. AO Smith 80 Gallon – Direct Solar Booster Water Heater – Best Dual
Do you want access to hot water all the time? Well, it is not a problem now.
You can get your hands on this product which is going to give you all your hot water needs. You can now have plenty of hot water in less time.
- It is made up of brass material.
- You can use it through electricity and also by using solar power.
- It has a capacity of 80 gallons which is enough water.
- It will work with 4500 watts
Pros and Cons
- You can use the water heater inside and outside with solar power and electricity.
- It is a reliable product that will work for you in any environment.
- It does not require maintenance.
- You will be provided with a proper manual for the product.
- It has a large capacity.
- You will need specialized plugs for the product to work.
4. American Standard Water Heaters Commercial Natural Gas Water Heater – Best for commercial use
If you want a water heater for commercial purposes you have to look for the one that provides you with extra efficient features.
This is one of the commercial products that will run according to your demand.
You can use it for your office or for the area where there are enough people to use hot water.
- It works with 199,900 BTU.
- The item weight is 652.91 Pounds.
- It is a heavy-duty product.
- The power source for the product is gas.
Pros and Cons
- It will prevent corrosion because of the internal glass installed in it.
- It is equipped with anode rods inside that are four in number.
- It will reduce the cost of operation.
- It is fully certified.
- You will get an extended tank life.
- The product is high in price.
5. AO Smith Electric Water Heater – Best Copper
This product is also recommended for people who are looking for durable water heaters that have a great water capacity.
You can get a lot of features if you consider this product as it is also one of the best ones and is launched by one of the best brands.
- It is made up of copper material.
- You have to supply electricity to make it work.
- It will provide you with the application of plumbing.
- You have to provide it with 12 maximum kilo input.
Pros and Cons
- It is aesthetic in design.
- It is made up of luxurious material.
- You can easily put it anywhere at home.
- It is enough for everyone in your family.
- You can use it for your home as well as for commercial purposes.
- It is available only in one size and shape.
6. American Standard 80 Gallon (Not CA Compliant) – Best Wind
You can get water heaters that refer to other methods of power sourcing besides electricity.
This can make it easy for you to use water heaters even if you are running low on electricity.
This is one of the luxurious products which can be used by anyone who is living in a windy area.
- The item’s weight is 600 pounds.
- It is powered by wind.
- It will provide you with 80% of thermal efficiency.
- You can also use it through natural gas.
Pros and Cons
- It comes with self-clearing turbulence.
- It will not get dirty from the inside easily.
- It has high-quality equipment installed.
- It comes with anti-corrosive properties.
- It will not use a lot of energy sources.
- It is heavier which makes it difficult to lift.
7. American Standard Natural Gas Water Heater – Best Heat Retention
You should understand all the necessary features that you need for your daily life before getting a water heater.
This can be a good option for most people because of its significance.
- Item weight is 918.3 Pounds.
- The operating pressure is 150 Pounds 1 square inch.
- It will provide you with maximized heat retention.
- It will go easy on your wallet.
Pros and Cons
- It goes into standby periods.
- It reduces the cost of energy.
- It comes with proper certification.
- It is a heavy-duty water heater that can be used for a long time.
- It will serve a large number of people.
- It is available in only one size and shape.
Most people do not get water heaters because they want to save energy and electric bills.
However, this product can help you reduce your cost as well as get proper usage of the water heater.
- The power source is wind.
- It comes with a capacity of 81 gallons.
- It comes with electric ignition.
- It has CSA Certification.
Pros and Cons
- It comes with the best base support.
- The vent size for the product is 6.
- It can be used anywhere conveniently.
- It is enough to meet all of your hot water requirements.
- This product is best for businesses as well.
- For some of the people, it is high in price.
9. AO Smith Heat Pump Water Heater – Best Residential
This is a Hybrid electric heater which is quite popular among people these days. If you are looking for such a product you can check out its benefits and features.
- The power source for the product is corded electric.
- It provides a capacity of 80 gallons.
- It comes with a 6-year warranty.
- It has a very convenient design.
Pros and Cons
- You can easily install it anywhere.
- You will be properly assisted with the product for 6 years.
- It is aesthetic in design which makes it one of the best.
- The power source is electricity which will make it run properly.
- It will work in hybrid mode.
- You have to use specialized electric plugs.
10. Rheem Universal Commercial Water Heater – Best Budget
This product is recommended for people who want to get access to hot water all the time. This product is very safe to use and you can also even leave your kids around it.
- Item weight is 540 pounds.
- It is wind-powered.
- It comes with 75,000 BTU.
- You will get it with a Universal tank design.
Pros and Cons
- It does not occupy a lot of space.
- It is a low-profile product.
- It is very safe around kids.
- It comes with safety operations.
- You can get heated water in less time so that you do not have to wait.
- It is expensive because of its luxurious features.
Read: 10 Best In-Wall Heater
|PRODUCT||Rating||Price||Best For||Power Source||Wattage|
|Amtrol 80 Gallon Indirect-Fired Water Heater||N/A||$5,924.98||Performance||Corded Electric||N/A|
|AO Smith LTE-80D Electric Water Heater||N/A||$1,676||Electric||Battery Powered||5500W|
|AO Smith 80 Gallon – Direct Solar Booster Water Heater||N/A||$2,349.98||Dual||Corded Electric||4500W|
|American Standard Water Heaters Commercial Natural Gas Water Heater||5/5||$5,990.00||Commercial Use||Wind Powered||58000W|
|AO Smith Electric Water Heater||N/A||$5,249.88||Copper|
What To Keep In Mind While Buying An 80-gallon water heater?
When purchasing an 80-gallon water heater, there are several factors to consider.
You will be able to ensure that you are selecting the proper product for yourself if you examine these points.
This will also assist you in avoiding a slew of issues when you purchase the products.
- Water heating capacity
You need to check the water heating capacity for the product you are purchasing. If it is an 80-gallon water heater it means that it can heat 80 gallons of water.
However, you need to check how much time it will take to provide you with the heated water.
Some of them do have space for 80 gallons of water however they cannot provide you the capacity for heating the entire amount of water in one go.
- Efficient Energy Use
Saving energy is beneficial to both your wallet and the environment. When you use energy-efficient items, you can save money. You’ll be able to save a lot of money this way.
It will also benefit the environment, as global warming and other such concerns are becoming more prevalent as a result of excessive energy consumption.
- Energy source
Checking the energy source is also very important. You have to make sure that you can provide the requirements of the energy source.
You should get your hands on one of the products that provide you with a convenient energy source.
If you want to make use of a product for a long time you have to see how much warranty it brings you.
If the warranty is prolonged that means you can use the product easily and confidently for a long time.
You will get assistance with the product if anything goes wrong. Before processing the water heater you should check the warranty and either It is acceptable to you or not.
For its shape and capacity, the 80-gallon water heater is one of the greatest types of heaters.
They are dependable heaters that will assist you in meeting all of your water heating requirements.
You could think about some of the top products that have already been mentioned for your convenience.
Before purchasing the 80-gallon water heater, be sure you’ve considered all of your options.
Frequently asked questions
How Long Will It Take You To Fill Up An 80-Gallon Water Heater?
It will take up to 60 to 70 minutes if you want to fill up an 80-gallon water heater.
You need to make sure that the water is not above capacity because this can reduce the functioning of your water heater.
How Long Will It Take For The 80-Gallon Water Heater To Heat Your Water?
It will take almost two hours for your 80-gallon water heater to heat your entire water.
You can also change the quantity of water depending upon your requirement.
There can be different time duration for the different types of the 80-gallon water heater.
It also depends upon the brand which is releasing the product.
Amit Gupta is the founder of National Planning Cycles, a company that helps startups, individuals, and small businesses with their financial planning. He has a vast amount of experience in the finance sector, having managed Google Play accounts for some of the world’s most successful unicorns. Amit is an expert in his field, and he uses his knowledge to help others achieve their individual goals.