Large screen TVs have become quite popular as they greatly enhance users’ cinematic experience. And if you are too looking to get one for yourself, then check out these 11 Best 85-Inch TV that we have found for you!
We know that with so many large-screen TVs on the market, you can get confused about which TV you should get.
But we have made a list of these TV’s based on different features that it offers, so let’s get into it!
What Does An 85-inch TV Offer?
The best 85-inch TV is a TV that has some necessary and additional features in addition to having an 85-inch screen.
For example, the best 85-inch TV would have the latest video technologies integrated into it as, without it, the picture quality would be the same as that of a 24-inch or 32-inch TV.
Moreover, the best 85-inch TV would also have a reliable and good sound system with the latest and advanced integrated sound technologies.
Some additional features such as easy navigation, built-in HDMI ports, and intuitive design are also some of the many things that an 85-inch must have to classify as “the best 85-inch TV”.
Moreover, this is not all, and the best 85-inch TV would have all these features and more.
Best 85-inch TV
Here are our 11 best options based on:
- SAMSUNG 85 Inch Class QLED Q70A Series – (QN85Q70AAFXZA, 2021 Model) – Best color volume
- Sony X950H 85-Inch TV – Best X1 processor
- SAMSUNG 85 Inch Class Crystal UHD AU8000 Series – Best budget
- Sony X95J 85-Inch TV – Best commercial
- TCL 85-Inch Class 4K UHD Dolby Vision HDR QLED Roku Smart TV – Best TCL gaming TV
- SAMSUNG – 4K UHD – Best quality Samsung
- Hisense 85-Inch TV – Best weight
- Sony X91J 85-Inch TV – Best digital sound system
- SAMSUNG 85-Inch Class Neo Smart TV – Best visuals
- 85-Inch Class TV SAMSUNG – Best ports
- SAMSUNG 85-Inch Class QLED Q60A Series – Best home usage
1. SAMSUNG 85 Inch Class QLED Q70A Series – (QN85Q70AAFXZA, 2021 Model) – Best color Volume
One of the best 85-inch TVs that you can get on the market is the Samsung QN85Q70AAFXZA.
It is one of the latest 5-inch TVs launched by Samsung that has a stunning 4K (3840×2160) resolution, which generates lifelike images.
Moreover, the QLED-based display enhances true 4K pictures and videos by adding vibrant colors and brightening just the way they should be.
100% color volume feature has a billion range of colors powered by QDOT technology that stays true irrespective of the brightness levels.
Advanced motion capturing technology, Motion Xcelerator Turbo+ is integrated into the TV that has a refresh rate of 120Hz, which adds smoothness and fast-paced scenes without any blur.
Furthermore, the fast 4K processor upscales and optimizes content to 4K. HDR technology lets you view content in true HD. The sound quality of the TV is immersive as well.
Pros and Cons
- Works with Alexa
- It is a smart TV – It supports numerous media streaming platforms such as Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, and more.
- Dual LED technology allows you to see true shades of warm and cold colors of a 4K picture.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and HDMI 2.1 ports (4) let you play games at 4K at 120Hz.
- It is a bit expensive, but it is worth the cost.
Why is better than others?
The QN85Q70AAFXZA model from Samsung is our number pick because it has some of the most advanced features such as a:
- Fast 4K processor
- Wide viewing angle
- Supported voice assistant
- High-class motion technology,
- And object tracking sound technology that follows the action on the screen, and is immersive.
Our experience with the product
The picture quality of this TV is simply great. I love it doubtlessly. The sound is good. The problem with this product is the solar-powered remote.
SAMSUNG QLED Q70A Series TV Unboxing
The Q70A series is one of the most popular models in the entire range. It has a stunning design and great features. Check out the unboxing video now!
2. Sony X950H 85 Inch TV – Best X1 processor
This TV from Sony also has a 4K resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate. However, the best part about this TV is the powerful X1 Ultimate Processor.
It is one of the flagship processors from Sony that produces stunning images and adds dynamic true-to-life contrast.
X-Motion Clarity, a motion capturing technology powered by the X1 Ultimate processor, has a 120Hz refresh rate that adds clarity and smoothness to images.
Pros and Cons
- Triluminos display adds vibrant colors and contrast to images to ensure images appear as they were intended to see
- Full-Array LED technology makes the picture brighter and produces deeper blacks.
- Compatible with Alexa, and Apple AirPlay 2
- Game Mode lets you play games in 4K and optimizes all TV settings to make it more responsive and lag-free
- Slim and sleek design
- Acoustic multi-Audio
- No user guide is in the box
3. SAMSUNG 85 Inch Class Crystal UHD AU8000 Series – Best Budget
This is a smart TV with a 4K resolution and a native refresh rate of 60Hz.
Dynamic Crystal Color has one billion vibrant colors that produce more vibrant and colorful pictures.
The crystal 4K processor integrated into the TV optimizes all the images as well.
Pros and Cons
- Voice-controlled navigation
- Built-in HDMI ports
- Have integrated HDR technology that lets you view content in UHD.
- Ambient Mode adjusts picture brightness according to the surroundings.
- Edge-Lit backlight technology is inferior to Full-Array LED backlight technology.
4. Sony X95J 85 Inch TV – Best Commercial
This TV from Sony has built-in Wi-Fi and a native refresh rate of 120Hz, which reduces motion blur and makes navigation more responsive.
Moreover, Full-Array LED backlighting technology lights up entire 4K pictures and videos on the large screen.
Pros and Cons
Pros and Cons
- HDR optimizes and redefines HD content
- Integrated video technologies such as Dolby Vision, HDR10, and HLG add more clarity, colors, and contrast to the content on the screen.
- Game Mode provides lag-free gaming
- It is a bit heavy.
6. SAMSUNG – 4K UHD – Best quality Samsung
The Samsung QN85A series offers an outclass 85-inch-wide display TV screen.
It has several amazing features that make the Samsung QN85A series a big hit in terms of an 85-inch TV.
The Samsung has a QLED technology involved that allows users to visualize real motion pictures before their eyes.
A lot of people like to watch TV only if the results are true and the colors are solid. If you are one of those, then this TV is the only one for you.
Moreover, the Samsung 85-inch class Neo installed with the Neo QLED offers an exceptional resolution that ranges up to 4K.
This model of Samsung is known to be a smart television which means it can be easily connected to Wi-Fi, YouTube, Alexa Play, and much more for you to enjoy to the fullest.
Pros and Cons
- Includes HDMI connectivity technology.
- It includes the Neo QLED display technology.
- A higher refresh rate of up to 120 hertz.
- It includes a motion accelerator and Quantum matrix technology powered by the NEO Quantum processor.
- Quantum HDR 24X.
- Installation takes time.
7. Hisense 85-Inch TV – Best weight
The Hisense offers an 85-inch-wide screen display that is categorized under the label of smart TV.
It provides a visual result that is supported by a high TV resolution leading up to ultra 4K HDR resolution.
The installed display technology in the Hisense 85-inch 4K Ultra HD Android smart TV is LCD.
There are various advantages of installing an LCD technology, like it is lighter in weight, it is very energy efficient, and provides an insanely sharp image.
This TV model is smooth and smart, meaning it gives a luxurious feeling to every passer and the user as well.
It has a very loud audio system. It means if you are a loud sound lover or if you are habitual of listening to high-pitched sound levels, then the Hisense 85-inch 4K ultra-HD android smart TV can be ideal for you.
Pros and Cons
- Have a high refresh rate ranging up to 60 hertz.
- The TV comes with accessories like a TV stand, wall mount, and more.
- Developed with built-in Bluetooth technology.
- Consists of a full-array LED backlight for creating a sharper and vibrant color image.
- Can be very bright.
- On the expensive side.
8. Sony X91J 85-Inch TV – Best digital sound system
The Sony model number X91J is known to provide an 85-inch display screen.
That has a full-array LED backlight which allows the pictures to appear smoother, sharp, and colorful.
The Sony X91J model offers a 4K ultra-resolution for you to enjoy the best time.
It comes with Dolby vision and built-in Alexa compatibility as well; with such features, you can easily control the TV with your speech commands and watch true-life color pictures.
Pros and Cons
- A high refresh rate of 120 hertz.
- Much better contrast with a good LED backlight.
- Includes X motion clarity technology.
- DTS digital surround system.
- Works efficiently with Google assistant.
- Not affordable for everyone since it is a bit costly.
9. SAMSUNG 85-Inch Class Neo Smart TV – Best visuals
The Samsung model QN90A comes with the installed QLED technology offering a wide display screen of 85-inch.
It has supported internet services known as streaming services. The connectivity technology of this TV is Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB, Ethernet, and HDMI.
The display technology of the TV is a Neo QLED display with a high-level refresh rate of 120 Hertz.
Pros and Cons
- A stunning picture that is supported by Tiny hyper-focused light cells.
- Lush visuals with true picture quality and colors.
- The High-audio system makes it excellent for movie nights.
- Perfect gaming resolution.
- The QLED can burn quickly, and damage is permanent.
10. SAMSUNG 85-Inch Class TV – Best Ports
As the name states, the Samsung QLED Q80A series involves a large screen of 85-inch with supported streaming services as connected internet services.
It has a proper and true resolution of up to 4K which is considered excellent for the gaming experience.
The connectivity technology is Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB, Ethernet, and HDMI.
Pros and Cons
- Includes the Quantum HDR 12x technology.
- Breathtaking true color display.
- Built-in Alexa play.
- Better color volume with quantum dot technology.
- Has a low contrast ratio.
11. SAMSUNG 85-Inch Class QLED Q60A Series – Best Home usage
This TV belongs to the Q60A series from Samsung. SAMSUNG 85-Inch Class QLED Q60A Series comes with an 85-inch large display screen.
This television is famous for its true and real picture display. It has 4K UHD Dual LED Quantum technology with HDR results. It is a smart TV with built-in Alexa play.
Pros and Cons
- It has a clear, true color display.
- Supports Google assistant.
- Is a Smart TV powered by Tizen.
- It can be very pricey.
|PRODUCT||Rating||Price||Best For||Resolution||Display Technology||Voice Assistant||HDMI Ports||Refresh Rate|
|SAMSUNG 85 Inch Class QLED Q70A Series – (QN85Q70AAFXZA, 2021 Model)||4.6/5||$2,297.99||Color Volume||4K||QLED||Alexa, Google Assistant or Bixby||4||120Hz|
|Sony X950H 85 Inch TV||4.6/5||$2,899.97||X1 Processor||4K||LED||Google Assistant||4||120Hz|
|SAMSUNG 85 Inch Class Crystal UHD AU8000 Series||4.6/5||$1,597.97||Budget||4K||LED||Alexa, Google Assistant or Bixby||3||60Hz|
|Sony X95J 85 Inch TV||4.5/5||$2,998.00||Commercial Use||4K Ultra HD||Full Array LED||Alexa||N/A||120Hz|
|TCL 85-Inch Class 4K UHD Dolby Vision HDR QLED Roku Smart TV||3.8/5||$2,299.99||TCL||4K||QLED Display||Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant||4||120Hz|
What To Consider While Buying A 85-Inch TV?
Some of the features you should consider when looking for the best 85-inch TV are:
Make sure to choose a TV that has LED-based, QLED-based, or OLED-based display technologies.
It is because each of them has different benefits. For example, LED displays are more energy-efficient, OLED displays produce more lifelike images, and QLED display adds vibrant colors.
When choosing a large screen TV such as an 85-inch TV, make sure to buy the one that has:
- A 4K resolution,
- You may go for 1080p but is not recommended as the picture quality would not comply with the large display.
Higher refresh rate and smart TV
Make sure to buy an 85-inch TV with a higher refresh rate, such as 120Hz, or 240Hz as a higher refresh rate ensures smoother and detailed pictures and responsive navigation.
A higher refresh rate also reduces motion blur. You can also choose an 85-inch TV having a 60Hz refresh rate, but it is not recommended if you are a hardcore gamer, in particular.
Also, make sure that the 85-inch TV you are considering buying is smart as you do not want your large screen TV to look ugly with all the cables spreading out of it.
The above-specified information explains all about the best 85-inch TVs you can get on the market.
Do All 85-Inch TVs Come With A User Manual?
Most of the large-screen TVs come with a user manual. However, some do not. So, it is a great idea to always check what you will get with the box.
Do All 85-Inch TVs Let You Play Games In 4K At 120Hz
No, not all TVs support 4K gaming at 120Hz. Only those with built-in HDMI 2.1 ports let you do this.
Amit Gupta is the founder of National Planning Cycles, a company that helps startups, individuals, and small businesses with their financial planning. He has a vast amount of experience in the finance sector, having managed Google Play accounts for some of the world’s most successful unicorns. Amit is an expert in his field, and he uses his knowledge to help others achieve their individual goals.