Big tents are great for those who want to go camping or hiking with more people.
In recent years, the popularity of big tents has increased as more people have begun going on trips that bring them close to nature.
#1 Winner Of Best Big Tent
“UNP Camping Tent 10-Person”
Several big tents are available in the market, with each claiming to be better than the other.
All this makes choosing one of the best ones strenuous and time-consuming. Hence, today we will discuss the 10 best big tents you can get in 2022.
- Best Quality Big Tent: UNP Camping
- Best for family Big Tent: CAMPROS Tent
- Best Material Big Tent: Core 9 Person Instant Cabin Tent
- Best for adventure Big Tent: Winterial Tent
- Best weight Big Tent: Core 9 Person Extended Dome Tent
- Best Features Big Tent: EVER ADVANCED Darkroom Instant Cabin Tent
- Best lasting Big Tent: Ozark Trail 12 Person 3 Room L-Shaped Instant Cabin Tent
- Best design Big Tent: Coleman 8-Person Tent for Camping
- Best performance Big Tent: FDW 10×30 Party Tent Wedding Patio Gazebo
- Best Darkroom Big Tent: Coleman Cabin Tent
What Is A Big tent?
A big tent, as the name specifies, is relatively a bigger tent that can accommodate 7-12 people quite easily.
On the other hand, a conventional tent can only accommodate 2-3 or 3-4 people at a time.
Moreover, as a big tent is well, big, it provides good ventilation, and thus, they are excellent for people who have trouble breathing in confined places.
In addition, a big tent is more durable than a conventional (normal) tent and may cost more than it.
However, the benefits that it provides are all worth the cost.
10 Best Big Tents You Need To Know About
As specified earlier, finding the best big tent can be a hectic task.
Therefore, we have gathered the 10 best ones you can get in the market without having a single doubt.
1. UNP Camping Tent 10-Person: Best Quality Big Tent
This big tent from UNP is one of the best big tents you can buy if you plan to go on a hike.
This big tent can accommodate 10 people and has in-built 3 queen air mattresses. In addition, this big tent has three large mesh windows that provide excellent ventilation.
- This tent is made from water-resistant and weatherproof material, Polyester 185T PU1000mm
- The top mesh window provides a stunning view at night.
- Integrated vestibular awning in rainfly makes sure water does not enter the tent.
- Setting up the tent is easy. No hassle of passing the poles through the sleeves is required or involved.
Pros And cons
- It comes with an electrical access port.
- Compact design
- It can be a bit expensive.
Why is it better than other big tents?
This big tent from the UNP brand is better than other big tents because it is more durable and spacious. The tent has two doors, which is an added benefit.
You can also hang a curtain and make two partitions within the tent with each mesh door on the side. Hence, this tent offers great levels of privacy as well.
Ventilation is one of the main things you should consider when buying a tent, and as this tent is made from lightweight and breathable Polyester material, it provides a good flow of air.
Our Experience With The Product
I wanted to be a warrior and tried to set up this tent without reading the instruction manual.
I did manage to install it without getting help and instructions, but if I had read the instruction, it might be an easier experience setting up a big tent like this one.
It is a very spacious tent, so it worked for us pretty well. I left it in our backyard to check whether it could handle windy weather or not, but it did.
Nothing happened to my tent even though it had to face a rainstorm. I am totally satisfied with this product, and I would 100% recommend it.
2. CAMPROS Tent: Best for family Big Tent
This big tent from CAMPROS CP can accommodate 8 adults and is made from Polyester 185T making the tent waterproof and durable.
In addition, the material from which it is made helps you keep warm during winter and promotes good sleep.
- Installing the tent is easy. The tent does not need to be staked out.
- Mesh-based windows and doors provide outstanding ventilation.
- Mesh-based windows do not allow forest or bugs to enter the tent.
Pros And Cons
- It comes with a rainfly.
- The in-built curtain that you can use to make 2 rooms.
- Easy to carry.
- It only has a single door.
3. Core 9 Person Instant Cabin Tent: Best Material Big Tent
This big tent has integrated telescoping poles that make it easy to set up the tent.
All you have to do is just lift the tent from the edges, and it would pop up. Moreover, this tent can accommodate 9 people, hence, Core 9.
- Made from Mesh-based material due to which it is easy to carry.
- The tent is spacious, and you can install 2 queen air mattresses.
- The size of the tent is 14×9, which is compact.
Pros And Cons
- It has a solid and sturdy framework that keeps the tent upright.
- It comes with very spacious spaces to keep you and others easy.
- This exceptional tent comes with an electric cord as well.
- The zipper is not durable enough.
4. Winterial Tent: Best for adventure Big Tent
This big tent is made from Polyester plus mesh-based materials and can accommodate 6-7 people. The shape of the tent is triangular, due to which it is a teepee tent.
- Both the rain cap and tent bottom are waterproof.
- Easy to install.
- It only weighs 7 kgs.
Pros And Cons
- The unique design makes it easy to carry. Thus, it is highly portable.
- It does not come with an electrical access cord.
5. Core 9 Person Extended Dome Tent: Best weight Big Tent
If you are wondering for an excellent way to enjoy your vacations and have a good time with your friends or family while hiking, then this big tent might be the one for you.
This tent is an extended dome tent that can easily accommodate 9 or more.
This big dome-shaped tent is ideal for all three seasons and goes a very long way.
Additionally, this tent can also fit mattresses that allow you to sleep comfortably during your trip to the mountains.
- This big tent can stand strong even in strong wind or rain.
- The weight of this tent is approximately around 18.21 pounds.
- The closure type of this big tent is up to zipper style.
- The material of this big tent is fine and durable 68D Polyester.
- The central height of the big tent is up to 72 inches.
Pros And Cons
- These tents come with long-lasting and solid fiberglass poles.
- The extended dome tent has closed ends that help to keep away the moisture.
- It comes with PU-coated fabric that does not make it dull even in heavy rain.
- The zipper might get broken if it is not handled with care.
6. EVER ADVANCED Darkroom Instant Cabin Tent: Best Features Big Tent
Another top-quality big tent is the ever-advanced darkroom instant cabin tent.
If you are worried about your hiking or camping trip and want to pack up a tent that is easily carried, then this big tent can be fit for you.
This big tent has exceptional features that make it stand out among the other tents.
- This tent has a dark environment from the inside.
- The dark environment provides good sleep and avoids excessive light.
- The advanced darkroom instant cabin tent can be set up very easily.
- This tent has waterproof technology.
- It is a very easy to pack darkroom instant cabin tent.
Pros And cons
- This tent is ideal for every 4 seasons.
- The material from which this big tent is manufactured is Taffeta.
- It also offers protection from Ultra-Violet rays.
- This darkroom tent comes with 1 year of warranty.
- It comes with storage pockets that can hold your accessories.
- The straps of this tent might not be ideally durable or supportive.
7. Ozark Trail 12 Person 3 Room L-Shaped Instant Cabin Tent: Best lasting Big Tent
This Ozark trail tent is shaped as an L-shaped tent, and it is ideal for camping and hiking. This tent has enough capacity and therefore, it is excellent for big family gatherings.
The installation type of this L-shaped instant cabin tent is free to stand. Hence it is very easy to use.
- The material from which this tent is manufactured is Polyester.
- This big tent comes with long-lasting tent stakes.
- This tent is waterproof and keeps moisture from entering inside.
- The capacity is quite large and can fit up to 12 people or more.
- This tent comes with 7 windows that allow good air ventilation.
Pros And Cons
- This tent comes with installed electric cords.
- It also has a rainfly that is meant to protect the tent from heavy rainfall.
- The material is durable.
- Provides an anti-leaking technology.
8. Coleman 8-Person Tent for Camping: Best design Big Tent
This tent is another famous and durable big tent ideal for long-term use. The weight of this tent is around 24.5 pounds and can be carried with you very easily.
The size of this camping tent is up to 16 x 7 inches which counts as an ideal dimension for most tents.
- This tent can accommodate up to 7 or more people.
- Comes with water-resistant technology.
- It is ideal for all three seasons.
- The material from which this camping tent is manufactured is Polyester.
- The central height of this tent is up to 6 ft and 2 inches.
Pros And Cons
- This big tent is very easy to use and install.
- The recommended uses of this tent include camping and hiking.
- This tent can fit up to 3 queen-size beds for comfortable sleeping.
- The color of this tent does not fade away.
- It has an easy-to-access hinge door.
- This tent needs to be taken good care of, and hand washed only.
9. FDW 10×30 Party Tent Wedding Patio Gazebo: Best performance Big Tent
This big tent is an outdoor tent ideal for several events like weddings, birthday parties, and much more.
This big tent is a spacious space that can be more than enough for 50 individuals or more.
- This tent protects you from harmful sunlight rays.
- The ideal dimension for this tent is 360 x 120 x 102 inches.
- The frame of this tent is manufactured from plastic and alloy steel.
- The weight of this big tent is approximately around 48 pounds.
Pros And Cons
- The shape of this party tent wedding patio is square.
- This tent is waterproof.
- The material from this tent is made from waterproof polyethylene.
- This tent is strong and comes with a garden-style look.
- It is easy to set up with the help of a few workers.
- Do not keep this tent in bad weather conditions.
10. Coleman Cabin Tent: Best Darkroom Big Tent
This Coleman cabin tent is very easy to use, and the technology where this tent can be set up in 60 seconds.
This tent is ideal for various sports activities like soccer or more. This tent has several features and benefits that make it stand out.
- It has a very spacious space from the inside.
- Ideal for sleeping with ease and maximum comfort.
- This tent can fit up to 10 people.
- This tent has a rainfly to protect the tent from heavy rainfall.
- The installation type of this tent is very easy.
Pros And Cons
- This tent has darkroom technology.
- It blocks sunlight and protects against excessive heat.
- This tent also comes with a divider for better privacy.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- The fabric of this tent might not always be waterproof.
Buying The Best Big Tent: Buyer’s guide
There are numerous things you should consider before buying the best big tent. Some of those are:
- Space – Make sure that the tent you are buying has enough space. Big tents are known for their spacious interior, accommodating 7-10 or even 12 people without any inconvenience. Hence, if this is not the case with the tent you are considering buying, don’t.
- Ventilation – Make sure that the big tent you consider buying provides good ventilation. You can check this by what type of material the windows and the overall tent are made of. Polyester tents with mesh windows generally provide excellent ventilation.
- Weight – The overall weight of the tent should be light so that you can carry it with ease.
- Easy to set up – Try to buy a big tent with pre-installed poles that can save you installation time.
We have covered the 10 best big tents you can buy this year. You should consider numerous features when buying a tent, such as its cost and the others we mentioned.
Make sure that the tent you are considering buying is in your range as a thing that aligns with your budget is the best for you.
Are all big tents teepee tents?
No, not all big tents are teepee tents. Check the above-specified details to know which big tent is a teepee tent.
Do all big tents come with integrated poles?
No, not all big tents come with pre-installed poles. Some of the ones that do are specified above.