This guide on the 7 Best Charcoal Grill With Smoker is for you if you prefer cooking traditionally.
Although electric & propane gas grills are available these days, but when you take a look at the charcoal grills and try them out again, you will feel a major difference in the taste and the texture of your food.
Charcoal grills have some differences from the quicker and latest ones that let it bring out the scrumptious taste in whatever you are cooking.
So let us get started and look at the options we have.
How does A charcoal grill with smoker Work?
A charcoal grill uses charcoal as the fuel for cooking or grilling the food that you place inside the grill.
There are different sections and on the lowermost section, you place a bed of burning charcoal according to your temperature requirements.
In this way, you can easily grill the food not only with great texture, but the taste and essence of the food from the charcoal grill will be different as well.
Best Charcoal Grill With Smoker
Here are our 7 best options based on:
- Best Amazon’s choice – Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill CC1830SC
- Best combination – Char-Broil American Gourmet 12201570-A1 Offset Smoke
- Best outdoor – Royal Gourmet 24-inch grill CD1824AX
- Best temperature gauge – Royal Gourmet 30-inch CD2030AN Charcoal Grill
- Best vertical – Dyna-Glo 36-inch DG780BDC-D Vertical Smoker
- Best heavy duty – Char-Griller Outlaw 2137
- Best convenient – Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill with Side Tables CD1824EN
1. Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill CC1830SC – Best Amazon’s choice
Pros and Cons
- Comes with a heat resistant outer coating
- Easy to use offset smoker
- 2 pan level adjustment makes things easier
- Although there are wheels, there are no handles for pulling this grill. It can be a problem when the grill is hot
The most practical and feature-rich grill that we have right now is this one with every part coated for maximum protection against excessive heat to provide you with maximum durability.
Additionally, it comes with a list of features that brings a lot of value along with this grill.
801 square inches of the cooking area is more than what your regular picnic will need. In addition to that, the adjustable upper shelf brings a lot more value.
Moreover, the grill is capable of holding more than 25 lbs. of coal and food combined which means that you can cook a lot of food at the same time without any issues.
Why should you choose this?
If you are looking for something that not only brings features but is durable and practical as well then you must go for this charcoal grill.
There are a lot of options in the market that are either practical or durable and both of these qualities in one product are a rare sight.
So, if you are looking for the best charcoal grill with smoker then it would be your right choice.
This is a grill that brings amazing value right from its feet up to the top.
There are things like wheels and bottom shelf for convenience and then the cooking part is amazingly functional as well.
There is no shortage of space whether you are cooking things or assembling some sauces.
2. Char-Broil American Gourmet 12201570-A1 Offset Smoker – Best combination
Pros and Cons
- 290 square inch cooking surface
- The steel fire grate comes with an adjustable height option
- Built-in damper makes cleaning easier than ever
- No second shelf and no bottom shelf as well.
Sometimes all you need is a grill for your weekend backyard dinners or other home-based grilling activities.
In that case, you do not need something too big but there is still a need for complete features and this grill makes a perfect choice in either of the cases.
It is a very convenient grill that comes in the perfect size. Starting from the bottom some wheels easily let you move the grill on grass and floor.
There is a handle for easy movement as well. On the other side of the grill, there is a little shelf for placing all the necessary tools and items at the reach of your hand.
Managing a smoker, BBQ grill, and charcoal grill separately can be very messy and time taking.
However, this charcoal grill makes things easier for you by providing an amazing combination of all your needs.
3. Royal Gourmet 24-Inch Grill CD1824AX – Best outdoor
Pros and Cons
- Adjustable charcoal pan for better and more efficient cooking.
- Enhanced airflow
- Comes with some handy tools attached like the bottle opener
- The grease from the smoker part can get on the food grilling below
There are many grills available on the market but rarely does any of those care about the fuel efficiency when charcoal is the main fuel.
With this grill, you do not need to worry about putting a lot of charcoal as the charcoal tray lifts and gets near to your food making it easier and more efficient to cook things.
This charcoal grill and smoker come with a very compact design that packs a lot of features. First of all, there are 598 square inches of cooking space.
All of this space comes in a protective coating for the maximum durability of the grill in excessive heat.
The grilling racks themselves are chrome coated for easy usage and cleaning as well. Lastly, there is a removable ashtray for easily getting rid of the charcoal ash.
A very durable charcoal grill that comes with most features and rarely misses any.
There are two side shelves for placing all the sauces and tools that you need while cooking.
At the same time, there is a temperature gauge that lets you monitor the temperature inside the grill.
To make things safe, all of the handles are cool-touch handles for easier usage.
4. Royal Gourmet 30-Inch CD2030AN Charcoal Grill – Best temperature gauge
Pros and Cons
- An adjustable charcoal pan that freely adjusts without any confusing levels
- Accessing the charcoal door is very easy because of the front handle
- The side damper opens and helps for easy temperature control
- The smoker part gets close to the main grill when the lid is closed
A grill that can be the perfect choice for your picnic parties and family dinners.
It comes with everything like dampers and cool-touch handles to make things convenient at your end.
If you need to place the dirty dishes somewhere then the lower shelf will be an amazing place.
Thick wheels and thick 2 feet are what most frills miss out on, but this grill comes with both of them.
It is so that you can easily place the grill on grass and soft floor without its feet getting stuck inside the soil.
It also provides additional stability. There is ample space for cooking rated at 511 square inches.
If we add the total area of the main grill and the smoker part, then the area becomes 764 square inches which will be a lot more than what you mostly need.
If you need easy access to everything from the beginning to the ending, then there may be no better choice than this grill.
It not only comes with the necessities but there are some extra valuable features like hooks which might come in handy when you are looking to hang some sauces or bags or even utensils.
5. Dyna-Glo 36-Inch DG780BDC-D Vertical Smoker – Best vertical
Pros and Cons
- Vertical design saves a lot of space
- Ample cooking space regardless of vertical design
- Temperature gauge attached to measure the internal temperature
- There could be a temperature difference between the upper and lower grills, so you need to be extra careful
This product comes in a very unusual and unique design but brings a lot of functionalities in a compact package.
With 4 cooking grates, you get about 784 square inches of cooking area which is more than what conventional types of grills offer.
To make sure that this grill adds to your convenience there are a lot of features added to its design.
The first one is the removable ashtray that makes things very easy when cleaning.
The vertical design with a chimney on the top helps to retain most of the smoke flavor in the food while keeping things juicy and tender at the same time.
If you want to experiment with something new for you then going for the vertical charcoal grill may provide you with an amazing experience.
There is not a huge footprint of this grill while it serves more than some items.
One thing to consider is that it weighs 56 pounds and there are no wheels attached so movement could be an issue.
6. Char-Griller Outlaw 2137 – Best heavy duty
Pros and Cons
- Alloy steel construction for durability
- Wooden shelves and handles for safety
- Several air inlets at different levels help in amazing ventilation while cooking. Some are adjustable as well
- If you do not do the weight management right, then the thin legs of this grill may get in the soil making it difficult for you to manage the balance.
It is a grill that features a mainstream and minimalist design but maintains most of the features.
There are side shelves, and a smoker part is also available for maximum functionality.
Lastly, there are no compromises on convenience as the wheels make it very convenient to move it around.
This grill maintains most of the features like having a temperature gauge and an adjustable air inlet right next to the charcoal tray.
Other than that, it provides a total of 1063 square inches of the cooking area including the cooking and smoking rack.
If you are in search of a decent grill that makes your family picnic time fun, then it may be the best choice.
However, there are a few things that you need to be concerned about.
There is an air inlet right next to the shelf that can be problematic if you place plastic bags or bottles on those shelves because a little heat escapes from there.
7. Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill With Side Tables CD1824EN – Best convenient
Pros and Cons
- Cool to touch handles and shelves for easier usage
- Two wheels at the bottom for easier movement with a shelf for additional storage
- Easy draw out ashtray assists in cleaning
- When you fold the shelves, moving the grill on its wheels can be difficult.
It is a grill that comes with a lot of features to increase your convenience.
Although it looks similar to some of the models from the same manufacturer there is a lot of difference in the features.
The liftable charcoal tray helps in its best performance if you need fine-tunes charcoal grilling action.
The grill pays attention to the convenience and storage so the shelves fold inside making it easier to store.
Moreover, the charcoal door makes managing and adding charcoal easier while grilling.
The stainless steel parts and other parts come with a protective coating so that the grill provides reliability and durability.
While this grill may seem similar to many other options in the market because of its compact size, it is very practical because of several features.
So, if you are looking for a grill that comes packed with necessary and additional features then there is no better grill than this.
Factors To Consider Before Buying The best charcoal grill with smoker
Although there are a lot of grills available in the market, there are some which are rated as the best.
The following factors are considered when rating the grill for the best rating:
- Grilling area
- Additional features
- Cleaning ease
- Charcoal management
When a grill provides all of these features in the best way, it gets the best rating and provides the best user experience as well.
Getting a charcoal grill in this era or easy electric or propane grilling may seem outdated.
However, when you taste a bite of food cooked with real old-school cooking methods then you will know the value of the best charcoal grill with smoker.
So, when you are selecting a product for yourself you must be careful enough to look for some features and points that will make a difference in your experience.
Additionally, always select a product after knowing your requirements first.
Read: 7 Best Charcoal Smoker
Frequently Asked questions
Are Horizontal Grills Better Than Vertical Grills?
Both are better than the other one in one case or another.
While a horizontal grill makes cooking even, the vertical grill needs you to be careful while cooking however it retains smoky flavor better.
What Happens To The Grease Of The Cooking Food?
In most grills, the grease drips down to the ashtray of the grill. So, you can easily clean that in the end.
Amit Gupta is the founder of National Planning Cycles, a company that helps startups, individuals, and small businesses with their financial planning. He has a vast amount of experience in the finance sector, having managed Google Play accounts for some of the world’s most successful unicorns. Amit is an expert in his field, and he uses his knowledge to help others achieve their individual goals.