In this era of technology, credit monitoring services have become very important.
Not only do these services help you keep a close eye on your credit score, but they also provide you with various tools and resources to improve your credit rating.
#1 Winner of Best Credit Monitoring Services “Identity Force”
As a result, choosing the best credit monitoring service can be daunting. However, don’t worry – we are here to help.
In this article, we will introduce you to the 10 best credit monitoring services of 2022.
- Best Overall – Identity Force
- Best Free Credit Monitoring Service – CreditWise
- The Best for Protection Against Identity Theft – Identity Guard
- Best For Families – ID Watchdog
- Best For Credit Reports – PrivacyGuard
- The Best Value – Credit Squad
- Most Reliable Credit Monitoring Service – LifeLock
- Best Affordable Credit Monitoring Service – Credit Sesame
- The Best for Credit Profile – ExtraCredit
- Best For FICO Score – myFICO Advanced
Top 10 Best Credit Monitoring Services of 2022
1. Identity Force – Best Overall
Sontiq’s IdentityForce brand provides complete credit monitoring and identity protection.
It has a strong reputation, with a 4.4 TrustScore and over 700 customer ratings on TrustPilot.
As a client, you’ll get daily credit report monitoring from the three main credit bureaus—Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion—as well as SMS and email warnings whenever a transaction or account withdrawal exceeds a monetary level you choose.
IdentityForce is one of a handful of firms that monitor social media. It will keep an eye on your Twitter, Meta, Instagram, and YouTube accounts for any potentially harmful or harassing behavior.
It also protects you while you shop online with anti-keylogging and anti-phishing software.
All of your personal information is protected by $1 million in identity theft insurance, as well as access to recovery professionals around the clock at 877-694-3367, who will assist you in any way they can.
Pros and Cons
- Any yearly plan comes with two months free.
- You can add as many children as you want to the family plan.
- Identity theft insurance worth $1 million
- Monitoring of credit reports daily
- Expenditures not covered by insurance, such as legal bills and personal expenses
2. CreditWise – Best Free Credit Monitoring Service
CreditWise was founded by Capital One in 2014 as a completely free credit monitoring system.
Users do not need to enter credit card information or even be a Capital One client to register for the service; all they have to do is register on the website.
Users may access their TransUnion credit report, credit score, Alerts, and a Credit Score Simulator via CreditWise.
CreditWise will provide you with the six primary factors that determine your credit score, as well as suggestions on how to improve each one.
Another key benefit of CreditWise is its alert system, which can warn users whenever their email address is detected on the Dark Web.
Dark web scans and social security number scanning are also accessible via CreditWise, but neither is free.
Pros and Cons
- Two credit bureaus are monitored.
- Your credit score will not be affected.
- A credit simulator can assist you in making better credit choices.
- In the case of identity theft, there is no assistance from customer support.
- It only updates your credit score once a week.
3. Identity Guard – Best for Protection Against Identity Theft
Because of its reliable and proactive identity theft prevention services, we have listed Identity Guard as one of the best credit monitoring firms.
Identity Guard provides simple identity theft prevention tools to help keep your data safe from prying eyes.
The company implements robust scanning procedures to monitor your information 24/7, enabling you to get instant notifications if any suspicious behavior is detected.
Additionally, this credit monitoring service analyses the dark web for any dangerous websites that may contain your personal information.
If Identity Guard detects any of your personal information on the dark web, like your Social Security number or credit card, it will advise you on the best ways to protect yourself against identity theft.
Pros and Cons
- Identity theft insurance of $1 million is included in all plans.
- Customer service based in the United States
- Annual payments are eligible for a discount.
- Credit scores are included in some plans.
- In the basic plan, there is no credit monitoring.
- You cannot purchase a credit score from all three major credit bureaus.
4. ID Watchdog – Best For Families
ID Watchdog, which is operated by Equifax, is an excellent solution for families searching for credit monitoring and identity theft services for their families.
Three credit reports are monitored, as well as account alerts. Your credit score is updated daily depending on your Equifax credit report.
However, you can only check your entire credit reports—along with your related credit scores—once a year from each of the three credit bureaus.
Equifax Child Credit Lock is a one-of-a-kind feature that makes ID Watchdog particularly valuable for families.
You may create and lock an Equifax credit report for a young kid to prevent identity thieves from using your child’s information to take out loans or open accounts.
Along with the $1 million in identity theft insurance, Platinum account holders receive up to $1 million in compensation for funds stolen from 401(k), Health Savings Account (HSA), or employee stock option plans. This is only one of the perks of having a platinum membership.
Pros and Cons
- Identity theft protection plans include at least $1 million in identity theft insurance.
- Credit monitoring is included in all plans.
- Discount for annual payments
- This service makes locking your child’s Equifax credit report simple.
- There is no free trial or money-back guarantee available.
- Credit report locking and monitoring are limited to one bureau with their entry-level plan.
5. PrivacyGuard – Best For Credit Reports
PrivacyGuard provides three plans: Credit Protection, which focuses only on credit scores, reporting, and monitoring; ID Protection, which focuses exclusively on identity protection and monitoring; and Total Protection, which combines the two.
PrivacyGuard is a little more costly than some of its rivals, but it provides comprehensive coverage that makes the price worthwhile.
Depending on the plan you choose, you’ll get monthly credit score reports and updates, as well as alerts about new information from all three major credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.
For a $1 fee, new users can check out PrivacyGuard for 14 days. After the trial time has expired, the user can choose between the plans.
The Credit Protection Plan from PrivacyGuard includes credit information and features such as a car loan calculator, home budgeting calculator, and fixed mortgage calculator.
You’ll also get access to a Credit Score Simulator, which will help you better understand how activities like increasing credit or canceling a credit card account affect your credit score.
Pros and Cons
- Credit reports and ratings from three bureaus per month
- 14-day trial for $1
- Features such as a secure keyboard and browser applications are available for added security.
- Identity theft protection is available for as little as $9.99 a month.
- There are no family plans available.
- On their own, identity and credit monitoring plans have coverage limitations.
6. Credit Squad – Best Value
Credit Squad is a respectable credit monitoring service that charges a reasonable monthly price for a wide range of exclusive services.
Because of its helpful credit tips, multiple price options, and responsive customer care staff, we’ve chosen Credit Squad as the best value.
Credit Squad provides access to your seven-year credit report record, which is very beneficial for consumers who are unsure when their FICO score started to decline.
To help their clients avoid making the same mistakes in the future, Credit Squad aims to explain to them what happened to their credit ratings and why they dropped.
The company’s friendly, responsive customer care staff provides one-on-one assistance and personalized advice, and you can reach out to a representative at any time during regular business hours.
Pros and Cons
- Fair price
- All options include a credit score tracker.
- There are three tiers of plans available.
- On higher plans, an early account takeover alert is available.
- There are sites where you can obtain one-bureau monitoring for free.
- Rather than being updated daily or weekly, credit scores are updated once a month.
7. LifeLock – Most Reliable Credit Monitoring Service
LifeLock from Norton was one of the original identity theft protection solutions, and it’s still one of the best for securing your devices.
LifeLock features three protection tiers, like many other providers. Its Standard service simply keeps track of your credit at one bureau (Equifax).
It also keeps track of personal information like your address and Social Security number on the internet and the dark web.
LifeLock offers lost wallet protection and access to professionals in identity restoration.
LifeLock’s three levels include a Million Dollar Protection plan that protects against identity theft.
It covers $25,000 in stolen cash, $25,000 in personal expenditures, and up to $1 million in legal fees at the Standard level.
LifeLock Standard alerts you about data breaches, but it does not notify you of other threats. You’ll need to upgrade to the $239.99-per-year Advantage tier to get them.
Pros and Cons
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Restoration services help in the restoration of damage.
- Daily scans of nearly a trillion data points
- Reimbursement of stolen money
- After the first year, the price increases.
- There is no coverage for family members.
8. Credit Sesame – Best Affordable Credit Monitoring Service
Credit Sesame is funded by skilled IT and financial experts and supported by top venture capital companies and investors.
According to its website, the company aims to help people improve their credit and financial health.
As part of that effort, Credit Sesame launched its free Identity Theft Protection service.
Anyone can use Identity Theft Protection for free, and you don’t have to submit your credit card information to register. Create an account and switch on the credit monitoring option to get started.
Credit Sesame members get monthly TransUnion credit report score updates.
Additionally, you’ll get daily credit monitoring notifications warning you of significant changes to your credit, such as newly created accounts in your name.
It does not, however, keep track of your Social Security number. You must upgrade to Credit Sesame’s Platinum Protection plan to get this service.
Pros and Cons
- Free subscription plan
- Analysis and monitoring of debts
- Excellent user experience
- Rent payment reporting
- The free level lacks many of the tools that many competitors provide.
- Pricey paid tiers
9. ExtraCredit – Best for Credit Profile
ExtraCredit, Credit.com’s new credit monitoring service, offers a variety of credit building, monitoring, and protection services that can assist you in developing your credit history the right way.
This company assists you in developing your credit profile by reporting your utility and rent payments to credit bureaus (TransUnion and Equifax).
Making timely payments may help you improve your credit score, and if credit bureaus have access to your utility and rent bills, they can put these payments in your credit report.
Identity theft protection from ExtraCredit includes $1 million in insurance, dark web monitoring, and security warnings.
Its credit monitoring services also provide access to information from the three credit agencies, including credit reports and scores.
Pros and Cons
- Free first month
- Suggestions for improving your credit history
- Reporting your rent and utility bills can help you build a stronger credit history.
- Identity theft protection
10. myFICO Advanced – Best For FICO Score
Finally, myFICO has received positive feedback from a few publications. This credit monitoring service is provided by the company that invented the FICO score — the Fair Isaac Corporation.
The major benefit of myFICO is that it provides you with access to your FICO score, which is the type of credit score utilized by the majority of lenders. (Many other services, on the other hand, use the updated VantageScore approach.)
This service delivers up to 28 separate versions of your FICO score for mortgages, credit cards, and auto loans.
The primary disadvantage is its high cost. MyFICO’s most basic monitoring service costs almost as much as the most expensive plans from most other firms.
Pros and Cons
- Access to data from various credit bureaus is available.
- FICO Score is available.
- Provides identity protection.
- All three national credit bureau reports are accessible.
- No free trial.
- No free credit monitoring.
It’s hard to stay on top of your credit score, but it’s worth the effort. A good credit monitoring service can help you keep tabs on your score and protect your finances.
We hope our list of the Top 10 Best Credit Monitoring Services of 2022 has helped you find the right one for you.
What is credit monitoring?
Credit monitoring is the process of reviewing, observing, and calculating your credit score.
This includes observing changes to your report, looking for signs of fraudulent activity, and spotting changes to credit history.
What is a good credit score?
The general rule of thumb is that a bad or poor credit score is anything under 600-650, while good is anything over 700-800.
Are credit monitoring services worth it?
A credit monitoring service is definitely worth the investment if you’re serious about maintaining good credit and keeping an eye on potential identity theft.
They won’t guarantee that you will have a perfect score, but they will provide peace of mind knowing that all your bases are being covered.