Masterbuilt is a trustworthy and well-known brand when it comes to buying the best Masterbuilt Charcoal Smoker.
In the older times cooking barbecue was very time taking however now you can quickly get things done without losing any of that taste and unique flavor.
All of it is possible only because of the best Masterbuilt charcoal smoker products.
So, if you are looking to buy one for yourself here, then have a look at these 7 Best Masterbuilt Charcoal Smokers that we have found for you.
How To Find the best Masterbuilt charcoal smoker?
Whenever something needs to have a smoky barbecue taste when cooked it is needed to cook on charcoal.
It is a very time taking process and things can go very bad if you do a little thing wrong. With extreme precision needed, cooking gets very difficult.
However, the best Masterbuilt charcoal smoker can save the day for you.
Here the cooking process is faster and more convenient and there is no need to deal with charcoal as well.
You might be wondering where the barbecue smoky taste will come from.
Well, in all of the best Masterbuilt charcoal smoker products there is a place where you can place wood chips or charcoal just to add that scrumptious barbecue smoky taste to anything you are cooking.
While those wood chips or charcoal will work to provide taste, the main source of heat will keep on cooking the food that is in there.
Best Masterbuilt Charcoal Smoker
Here are our 7 best options based on:
- Best Amazon’s choice – Masterbuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smoker
- Best Multi-Purpose – Analog Electric MB20070210 30-inch
- Best Propane activated – Masterbuilt MB20051316 Propane Smoker
- Best Practical – MPS 230S Masterbuilt
- Best See-Through – Masterbuilt MB20071619 Mes 140s
- Best Performance – MPS 230S MB20052318 Propane Smoker
- Best Compact – Smoke Hollow PS40B Masterbuilt Propane Smoker
1. Masterbuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smoker – Best Amazon’s choice
Pros and Cons
- It can be used with an easy to use electrical control panel
- The internal capacity supports 2 whole turkeys at the same time
- Intelligent design enables you to load the wood chips without opening the door which makes things very safe.
- Not the best for outdoor open-air usage
- You have to buy legs separately to make their level higher
A charcoal smoker must not lack any of the features and it is exactly what this product comes along with.
When we talk about features there is not anything that you will miss in this product.
The safety features are great in terms of insulation making the heat stay inside and not making it very warm from the outside. At the same time, it is intelligent as well.
The smoker works on a thermostat temperature control that makes sure that you get the best cooking experience for whatever you are cooking.
In this way, nothing is overcooked or undercooked.
Why should you choose this?
If you are a fan of cooking barbecue or smoked foods, then you may be fed up with setting up grills and waiting for long waiting times.
Things could have been worse in some cases where either the charcoal finished, or the food was overcooked.
Well, if you have faced such issues then you must not wait even a bit as it could be the best choice for you.
The smoker comes with
everything that you need including intelligent cooking features and safety features.
Even if you are cooking for a family gathering then its large interior will be able to easily manage everything that needs to be smoked.
If it is the convenience that you want in your life, then there may be no better option than this best Masterbuilt charcoal smoker that you can buy right now.
With the highest temperature reaching 275 degrees Fahrenheit cooking ribs, chicken, or turkeys will not be an issue anymore.
Moreover, you do not have to deal with opening the door for anything as the smart chip loading system works from the side and the intelligent thermostat control makes sure to take care of what’s cooking inside.
Masterbuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smoker Review
2. Analog Electric MB20070210 30-Inch – Best multi-purpose
Pros and Cons
- The built-in temperature gauge makes things very convenient and simple for users.
- The traditional analog dial makes it an amazing choice if you are looking to buy a product with analog control
- Removing the ash after or before smoking is not a difficult process at all as the ashtray easily slides out
- Being electric it may not be the best choice for open-air outdoor usage.
- The insulation to keep the inner heat inside is not done great.
- The paint of this product is not of very high quality
Convenient cooking is what humans have been always looking for and it is the product that brings the same value for the users.
There are a total of 3 racks inside it which are adjustable and removable allowing you to cook up to 2 turkeys in it at once.
The variable temperature control also allows you to cook anything according to how you need it.
The best part is that it is electrical, meaning you do not have to deal with a lot of charcoal for the cooking process.
If a compact but practical product is what you have been looking for then there may not be any choice better for you.
Being electrical there are absolutely no ashes that you need to clean off apart from the ones in the easy-to-remove ashtray.
At the same time, the chrome-coated smoking racks make sure that you do not have to deal with the cleaning process for a long time.
The chrome makes cleaning easier. On top of everything, the 1500-watt cooking system ensures that everything inside here is cooked evenly and well.
3. Masterbuilt MB20051316 Propane Smoker – Best Propane activated
Pros and Cons
- The see-through door lets you see how well things are being cooked inside
- Propane activated makes it fully practical and portable for outdoor open-air usage.
- The easy to use control panel makes sure that you can set everything according to your needs
- There is no onboard hook or space for propane gas cylinder
- You have to buy the propane cylinder separately.
It is a charcoal smoker that comes packed with a ton of features.
Also It is intelligent in several cases with the temperature control sensor and an auto shut-off valve that shuts off the burner if the fire is out. It keeps your food free from any type of propane smell.
Additionally, there is a fuel gauge attached with the smoker that tells you about the amount of propane left so that you can cook in the right way.
Where there are pros and cons for everything, it is the product that brings the most value even when there are some cons.
The door here not only makes it very future-proof but also comes with huge functionality.
The propane-activated 15750 BTU burner makes sure to cook everything very well inside.
Lastly, the 2 door style of the smoker helps in the easy loading of the charcoal or wood chips.
4. MPS 230S Masterbuilt – Best Practical
Pros and Cons
- Chrome coated cooking racks for best cooking and cleaning experience
- Push-button ignition eradicates the need of carrying matches or lighters along
- A porcelain-coated flame disk is there to heat the charcoal well and it also serves for protecting the burner from grease.
- Not the best choice if you are looking to cook turkeys for a family gathering
- The experience will not be as good if you do not keep it clean
There is no lack of features when it comes to this smoker.
Although it is a bit small in size, the 15400 BTU burner will take care of anything you are looking to cook in here.
Unlike most smokers, it comes with a water bowl that is there to help maintain moisture while you are cooking, and the air damper helps in controlling the smoke inside.
With things like a built-in temperature gauge and regulator that lets you easily control the level of fire inside the smoker, you can cook things exactly the way you like to cook them.
The adjustable door latch helps to inline the door to keep the internal heat inside in the best manner.
Overall, it can make a great smoker if you are looking for some lakeside cooking action.
5. Masterbuilt MB20071619 Mes 140s – Best See-Through
Pros and Cons
- The digital panel helps in easily controlling the functionalities of this smoker
- Comes with proper handles and wheels to provide you with the best cooking experience anywhere in the house
- The wood chip loading system does not need you to open the whole door which can be very convenient at times.
- Comes with only 90-day warranty
- You need to keep the heating part clean for the best experience otherwise it won’t perform well
One of the main highlighted features of this smoker is its door so let us start with that. There is a see-through door that lets you see things cooking.
With 4 cooking racks, it can easily hold up to 8 whole chickens for the best cooking time.
Being electrically powered removes the need of carrying any propane tanks or charcoal bags.
Some people love to use their smokers in their backyards.
Well, it could make a perfect choice as the wheels will allow you to take it anywhere in the backyard, and in this way, it will be easier to store as well.
Ash removal is not an issue here as well with the ashtray being removed from the side for easier access.
6. MPS 230S MB20052318 Propane Smoker – Best performance
Pros and Cons
- A handle for hanging the propane gas tank attachment when not in use so that it is not damaged
- The built-in temperature gauge helps in monitoring temperature from the outside
- The Push-button ignition feature helps in easily starting the fire.
- No automatic temperature control features
- No wheels and propane tank space makes moving it around difficult
The biggest flaw addressed in the older version and one of the best features about this product is that it comes with a protective grease bowl that protects the grease from getting in the burner while cooking.
In terms of design, the dual door design comes with the feature of not needing to open the whole contraption for inserting wood chips or charcoal.
It is a common practice for companies to launch their old products which went successful, but the updated versions come with better features.
It is the product that comes with Amazon’s choice tag which means that you can easily trust it for the quality and experience.
7. Smoke Hollow PS40B Masterbuilt Propane Smoker – Best Compact
Pros and Cons
- 15400 BTU burner cooks everything well
- Comes with legs for easily setting the height
- The air damper here is adjustable
- No intelligent temperature control
- No wheels
Starting with the physical appearance and feel of the product it comes at under 500 grams which is surprisingly less and easy to move around.
Despite being this light, it comes with 4 cooking racks making it a perfect choice for home cooking.
It is another product that comes with Amazon’s choice tag so there will be hardly an issue that you can expect from this product.
The best part is that it has achieved to provide the functionality of a smoker while maintaining a small footprint along with a very lightweight.
Factors That Affect The rating
Different products come with different features and benefits but there are some shortcomings as well.
So, for the best rating, the following factors are needed to be considered.
- Cooking experience
- Charcoal attachment
By considering all of these features the best value for the customers can be ensured in the best manner.
Read: 7 Best Charcoal Smoker
Buying the right product can enhance your experience exponentially.
However, looking for the best precut can be a tricky job with a lot of options available.
If you are looking to buy the best Masterbuilt charcoal smoker then you can fearlessly go for any of the above-discussed choices as we ensure to bring the products for you that come with the best quality and high value.
We also try to keep things fully transparent in front of you by providing all the cons as well so that you can make the best purchase decision.
How Does The Smoker Produce A Smoky Taste When Not Working On Charcoal?
There is no charcoal fuel used but there is a small number of wood chips or charcoal inserted in the smoker for the smoky taste
How Much Is The Fuel Consumption?
The fuel consumption depends on how you use the smoker. It can get very high or low according to your usage
Is It Possible To Add More Racks?
No, most smokers come with a complete set of racks and there is no space to add any more.
Amit Gupta is the founder of National Planning Cycles, a company that helps startups, individuals, and small businesses with their financial planning. He has a vast amount of experience in the finance sector, having managed Google Play accounts for some of the world’s most successful unicorns. Amit is an expert in his field, and he uses his knowledge to help others achieve their individual goals.