Having the best vertical charcoal smoker can allow you to gather your friends, enjoy delicious food, and create memories that will surely be everlasting.
Vertical Charcoal Smokers can be carried around easily because of their look and size, hence there are various benefits of getting one.
Apart from this, Charcoal Smokers are always best at creating a rich smoky flavor that can tenderize the meat and can make even the toughest cut fall off the bone with ease.
Even though smoking takes time, unlike grilling, but it is a bit of art.
Therefore, it is no surprise, why many of the BBQ competitors prefer using charcoal smokers.
So, are you ready to prepare the most tender and juiciest flavor profile while spending some memorable time with loved ones?
Let’s get started!
How To Buy The Best vertical charcoal smoker?
When it is about choosing the best vertical charcoal smoker to buy, then the range of available options can make the selection process pretty overwhelming for you.
Therefore, to make things easier, we have reviewed some of the best charcoal smokers here.
So, you can make an excellent choice without spending hours checking.
Well, you can have a look at the brief overview of the best vertical charcoal smoker options available below to get a better idea about each.
So, here we go:
Best Vertical Charcoal Smoker
Here are our 8 best options based on:
- Best overall : Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker Charcoal Smoker
- Best unique design : Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Vertica smoker
- Best budget : Realcook Charcoal 20-Inch Vertical BBQ Smoker
- Best for brisket: Classic Pit Barrel Cooker Package
- Best heavy-duty : Oklahoma Joe’s Bandera Smoker and Grill
- Best lightweight : Cuisinart COS-118 Vertical 18″ Charcoal Smoker
- Best for hassle-free cleaning: Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS1382VCS-D
- Best quality : Dyna-Glo DGX780BDC-D 36″ Vertical Charcoal Smoker
1. Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker Charcoal Smoker – Best overall
Pros and Cons
- This vertical charcoal smoker can let you smoke delicious meals full of flavors efficiently.
- The parts of the smoker are made of durable material that makes it rust-resistant.
- The item is priced reasonably.
- The thermometer may give fluctuating results, sometimes.
- The door sometimes might be unable to prevent a small smoke amount from escaping.
This vertical charcoal smoker is backed by the best name in BBQ.
The unit has been designed very thoughtfully to make your smoking easier and amazing barbecuing results achievable.
It is built with porcelain-enameled steel. While the elongated body comes up with quality dampers that can make smoke and temperature control easier.
- It comes up with 3 main parts for individual functions.
- The access door can make it easier to keep looking at your food’s state.
- Built-in thermometer for easier temperature management.
- A water tray to ensure proper moisture inside the smoker.
Why you should choose this?
Are you in the market of the vertical charcoal smoker, and looking for the best vertical charcoal smoker that’s durable, solid, and can provide exceptional results?
Well, in that case, Weber Smokey Mountain Charcoal Smoker is what you should choose.
Overall, Weber’s smoky mountain charcoal smoker is a solid investment that can let you have a perfectly smoked BBQ every time.
So, you can cook ribs, a turkey, BBQ, and more without any stress about the results.
5 Reasons To Buy A Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker Charcoal Smoker
2. Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Vertica Smoker – Best Unique Design
Pros and Cons
- Assembly of Dyna-Glo offset charcoal smoker is easier.
- Adjustable racks are easier to remove and clean.
- This charcoal smoker is designed to hold heat for hours.
- It is hard to move around.
- No water pan is included in the package.
This vertical charcoal has two doors for the fuel chamber and cooking area.
While the unique design of this smoker can provide you perfectly cooked and tender meal.
You can also trust the Construction of the unit as it is made of heavy-duty steel.
Even more, the vertical design also helps the smoke and heat to rise without any hassle. It also includes a thermometer for effective temperature tracing.
- It comes up with 6 height-adjustable cooking grates to cook different sizes of food easily.
- The total cooking space of this offset charcoal smoker is 1176 square inches.
- Ash and charcoal management system to offer maintenance-free cooking.
If you are up for an excellent offset charcoal smoker, this can be an amazing option to Consider.
Even more, the heavy-duty design of this charcoal smoker can also let you cook enough meals for a crowd at once.
3. Realcook Charcoal 20-Inch Vertical BBQ Smoker – Best budget
Pros and Cons
- You can disassemble this portable smoker into 4 parts easily which makes it easier to transport.
- It is a highly suitable charcoal smoker for outdoors.
- Double access doors make it more flexible to check your food or add more fuel.
- Some Consumers reported that its paint peels off quickly.
- Assembly can take time.
This is an affordable and highly portable charcoal smoker that yields amazing smoking results every time.
Most amazingly, this grill comes up with amazing surface space for cooking and provides you ample space to cook even large cuts easily.
Even more, the smoker comes up with a latch locking system along with its multi-layered design that makes Realcook Charcoal more amazing.
- It features 636 square inches cooking area.
- 2 cooking racks to provide ample space for large cuts as well.
- 2 access doors make it easier to check food status.
Anyone who is new to smoked grilling and wants to make their smoking skills better without any big investment can Consider this vertical charcoal smoker as an effective option.
4. Classic Pit Barrel Cooker Package – Best for brisket
Pros and Cons
- It offers a slow cooking feature to provide delicious food.
- This is a space-saving charcoal smoker that offers large cooking space by hooks and racks.
- It can cook meat more efficiently as compared to other smokers.
- The lid of this smoker might get bend when cooking and lead airflow to exit.
- Transportation of Classic Pit Barrel smoker is a bit difficult.
This charcoal smoker offers enough space to cook for your friends and family.
Also, it can cook your meat or brisket evenly from both sides. The design of this unit helps in making cooking time shorter.
It is because both smoke and heat are infused vertically and affect your food properly.
Even more, the additional accessories can let you use your cooking space efficiently.
- It features a standard grate for searing and grilling.
- The package also includes a charcoal basket.
- Additional accessories come up with a Classic pit barrel charcoal smoker for enhanced convenience.
Overall, this is an amazing charcoal smoker for people who want to have efficient smoking and grilling experience.
5. Oklahoma Joe’s Bandera Smoker And Grill – Best heavy-duty
Pros and Cons
- Joe’s Bandera Smoker comes up with multiple adjustable dampers that can regulate smoke and heat within the cooking chamber.
- It also includes a water pan to maintain moisture levels.
- Cool-touch handles can offer protection from heat.
- The item tends paint to peel.
- Firebox may rust with use.
You can use woodchips, wood, and charcoal as fuel in this smoker.
The unit can offer you an excellent cooking space which means it is an amazing option for you if you want to get a large spaced vertical charcoal smoker.
Available accessories with this smoker make it versatile and easier to use and maintain.
So, investing in this can offer you a hassle-free smoking experience with ease.
- It offers a primary cooking space of 744-square-inches.
- While the secondary grilling surface is 248-square-inches.
- The package also contains additional accessories to maximize food capacity.
Overall, this product is a combination of grill and smoker.
Therefore, it can be a great choice for you if you want to maximize your cooking experience in a limited space.
Read: 7 Best Charcoal Smoker
6. Cuisinart COS-118 Vertical 18″ Charcoal Smoker – Best lightweight
Pros and Cons
- It is a versatile charcoal smoker that can let you smoke all your favorite foods easily.
- Due to the two-vent air system in this smoker, it is super easier to control smoke and heat while smoking.
- Steel smoking racks are easier to insert inside the Cuisinart charcoal smoker to get enough room for smoking your favorite foods.
- The package doesn’t include any user manual.
- The damper can be bent.
This product comes up with a primary cooking chamber that offers two racks to smoke your food perfectly.
This is a lightweight smoker which is easier to move around and can give you enough space to cook delicious meals for your loved ones.
The design of this smoker is meant to offer proper heat control and a perfect temperature level setting for any food.
- This smoker offers 510 square inches of cooking space.
- It also features a dual air vent system.
- Steel smoking racks offer durability.
Overall, this is a lightweight and tiny charcoal smoker that comes up with all the features to ensure your smoked food is delicious and tender with a perfect smoky flavor.
7. Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS1382VCS-D – Best vertical
Pros and Cons
- Cool touch spring handles can ensure safer access to your smoked food.
- It also has both smoke zone and grill zone indicators to set the ideal cooking temperature easily.
- It can let you have the best BBQ experience as well.
- It can be hard for thin steel-coated housing to ensure heat retention.
- This vertical charcoal smoker has a large footprint.
This smoker comes up with an offset heat box that can let you cook perfect meals in the cooking chamber without losing any smoke or temperature.
Even more, the sensors of the smoker also operate efficiently. The ash pan is designed to be clean easily.
The package includes 5 large cooking grates along with meat hooks and racks to enhance cooking space.
While the giant wheels can make it easier to move around.
- This has 5 cooking grates.
- It contains a temperature gauge with a smoke zone to ensure the perfect amount of temperature.
- Oversized steel wheels offer enhanced mobility.
- Cool-to-touch handles of this smoker provide enhanced safety.
Overall, this smoker comes up with a strong-built body that can offer nice touches. The design can help in infusing perfect smoke flavor easily.
8. Dyna-Glo DGX780BDC-D 36″ Vertical Charcoal Smoker – Best quality
Pros and Cons
- Cleaning and maintaining this best vertical charcoal smoker are pretty easier.
- The smoker comes up with attached seals which makes it difficult for smoke to release while cooking.
- Keeping track of current temperature and heat amount is easier.
- Some dents can appear on the smoker over time.
- As the unit is pretty heavy, therefore; it is hard to assemble.
This charcoal smoker comes up with ample space for cooking.
Even more, you can also adjust the cooking grates height as per your needs to cook different foods simultaneously.
The smoker is equipped with amazing features such as double access doors, a removable ash pan, a temperature gauge, and more for enhanced efficiency and convenience.
- This best smoker has 4 cooking grates.
- It comes up with a total cooking area is 784 square inches.
- Charcoal and ash management system included in the package.
- It has a Stainless temperature gauge to indicate the ideal temperature.
This is the best charcoal smoker that can offer you a versatile cooking experience. It can easily give you a flexible cooking space to cook different sizes of foods easily.
Factors That Affects The rating
Various factors combinedly make the best charcoal smoker.
Here we have Considered different factors while rating the above-mentioned charcoal smokers.
These factors include:
- Built quality
- Cooking space
- Customer rating
- Additional accessories
- Safety features
All these factors are Considered to ensure that you can get the best options in hand.
Overall, having the best charcoal smoker is essential to make your BBQ more delicious, tender, and perfectly smoked.
Here we have reviewed some of the best vertical charcoal smokers. So, you can easily choose the one that you find suitable as per your needs.
How Long Charcoal Takes To Burn In The Smoker?
It usually takes an hour for charcoal to burn in a smoker at a certain temperature.
The heat level is commonly hotter as compared to smoking temperature.
Can I Add Unlit Charcoal To The Smoker?
You can add that when you ensuring the temperature of the charcoal smoker starts to dip.
Is It Easier To Clean Charcoal Smokers?
Cleaning a charcoal smoker is easier if you will do that regularly.
Make sure to clear used pallets and ash, and wash racks of the smoker after every use to keep it well-maintained.
Amit Gupta is the founder of National Planning Cycles, a company that helps startups, individuals, and small businesses with their financial planning. He has a vast amount of experience in the finance sector, having managed Google Play accounts for some of the world’s most successful unicorns. Amit is an expert in his field, and he uses his knowledge to help others achieve their individual goals.