After widgets customization, iPhone came with the latest customization option for customized App icons.
Previous iOS systems before iOS 14 were not able to facilitate app icon customization but the latest systems after iOS allow you to change your App icons.
If you are getting bored with your current mobile phone and cannot afford a new one you can do a little modification and can renew your iPhone’s appearance.
You can change your iPhone case; you can customize widgets on your home screen and you can also change your Apps icon.
Apps customization includes a change in icon color, size, and design. You can modify your Apps icon appearance as you want.
You can do Apps icon customization in any size that you like. If you are confused with the same Apps icons on your phone you can change them.
You can customize your Apps icon with your favorite picture, color or even you can also name your Apps icon with your favorite nickname.
How You Can Customize Your Apps Icon On Your iPhone?
Here is how you can change or customize your Apps icon on your iPhone.
- First, you must be sure that your iPhone is running on the latest iOS system that can be after 14.
- Now you have to install the Shortcut App
- Choose the picture that you have to set on your App icon now you are ready to go
- Now open the shortcut app
- Tap on the select button with the + icon
- In the search menu, you can search for Open App
- When it will appear you have to choose Open App
- Now select the app for which you want to create an icon
- You have to click on three dots on the top right corner of your iPhone
- Now click on “Add Home Screen” with the name that you want to give your App icon
- You can add the actual name of the App here, or you can also add a nickname that you want
- After choosing a name for the icon, you have to click on the next icon
- Here you will see an option with add picture, you can browse pictures either from the saved files or you can directly take a picture at the spot
- Now tap on add option on the upper right corner of your iPhone
Here you have a complete working App on your home screen with a customized App icon of your choice. But if you want to delete App you have to delete it from the original App icon.
On the other hand, if you want to delete the original App icon from the screen you can do so.
- You can press and hold on the App
- Now select the option to remove App from the home screen
- You can find the original app in your App library
The Drawback Of Customized App Icons
Before going towards App icon customization you have to see its drawback and then decide what to do.
Longer delay custom Icon
Customized App is just a shortcut to open the original App. The shortcut always needs to launch and run the shortcut before running the original App. It is the reason it causes a longer delay to open the Customized App.
Customization wastes time
It is time-consuming or you can say it is time-wasting to do customization of App icon.
You have to do customization for every single App and it will take too much time. If you are using several Apps on your iPhone, then it can take several hours to do so.
Custom App icon does not show the red notification badges. You can miss your important notification alerts.
You can only see the red notification badges if you are using the original App icon on your home screen.
App Icons Pack
Why you are thinking about customized App icons if you can apply a direct App icon pack on all the Apps in your iPhone.
Here are some App icon packs that you can use on your iPhone.
Basic Colors App Icons Pack
Basic Colors App Icons Pack with a splash of colors, there are 80 available icons in this pack in multiple color options like orange, purple, green, red, and black. You can use the icons in three different styles bold, duotone, and wireframe.
Muted color App Icons Pack
Muted color App Icons Pack provides a simple and decent look to your home screen with a subtle and calming color scheme. It contains 112 available icons in both dark and light colors.
Purple Pastels App Icons Pack
Purple Pastels App Icons Pack is an App icon pack that consists of 48 Icons with a wireframe design available in purple pastel and blue shade.
Echoes App Icons Pack
Echoes App icon app is available in a beautiful and unique design. It is a blend of hand-crafted colorful gradients with over 500 icons in it.
Photorealistic Neon App Icon Pack
With Photorealistic Neon App Icon Pack, you can add a neo-noir vibe to your iPhone’s home screen. This pack consists of 38 dark and 38 light images in it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it useful to make customize App icon to your iPhone home screen?
It may be useful to make Customize App icon if you want to see an icon like that you want. On the other hand, it has some drawbacks too that are following:
- Custom App icon does not show the red notification badges.
- It is time-consuming or you can say it is time-wasting to do customization of App icon.
- Customized App is just a shortcut to open the original App.
Why it is important to have an iOS 14 or iOS 14+ system to create a customized App icon?
Yes, previous iOS systems before iOS 14 were not able to facilitate app icon customization but the latest systems after iOS allow you to customize your App icons.
Does App icon packs are reliable to use?
Yes, App icon packs are reliable to use as they come in multiple designs, colors, and packs of icons.