Do you know that every 8 in 10 Americans are under debt, and if you are reading this, then I am guessing you are one of them?
Due to a lack of financial literacy or sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances, we often get led to a debt trap.
But there’s always some glimmer of hope, and if you are too looking for something that can help you deal with your debt to some extent, then you are on the right page.
In this Countrywide Debt Relief Review, we will give you a detailed account of everything you should know about this debt relief company. So let’s get into it!
|Guide||Countrywide Debt Relief Review|
|Minimum Debt Settlement Requirement||$10,000|
|Features||Debt settlement program, Debt consolidation, etc.|
|Community Rating||Very strong|
- Countrywide Debt Relief offers Debt Consolidation, Debt Settlement, and Credit Card Consolidation services, and it can help you even if you have a poor credit score.
- You are eligible for Countrywide’s program only if you have a minimum debt of $10,000.
- It charges a monthly fee of $250 or 1.5% of credit card debt, whichever is lower.
What Is Countrywide Debt Relief?
Countrywide Debt Relief is a debt consolidation company that offers financial solutions to its clients, including debt settlement and credit card consolidation.
The company has been running since 2008, and ever since, it has helped a lot of its customers to reduce and get out of debt.
The company holds a good reputation online and even has an A+ BBB accreditation. Countrywide Debt Relief states that it can help you even if you have a poor credit score, and to see if you qualify for their program, you can visit their website.
You can get started with their debt relief program after a free consultation call.
Features And Services
- Debt Consolidation – When you are making payments to multiple creditors, oftentimes, it gets confusing, and you might also skip a payment. In such cases, debt consolidation comes in very handy. A Debt Consolidation merges all your payments into one and requires you to make a single monthly deposit with a single interest rate. This helps you make payments easily and quickly.
- Debt Settlement – A debt settlement or negotiation is a way of reducing your debt in return for a lumpsum payment. And although debt settlement impacts your credit score, it can still be helpful to those who have no option left.
- Credit Card Consolidation – If you have an outstanding credit card balance, you may consolidate it and save a lot on the interest rate and escape the trap of monthly payments.
Pros And Cons
- No upfront fees
- Free consultation
- BBB accreditation
- Good online reputation
- Credit score is not an issue
- Not transparent about fees
- Requires $10,000 in debt
- Should be able to afford $250 or 1.5% monthly payment of total credit card debt, whichever is lower.
Countrywide Debt Relief offers consultation for free and does not charge any upfront fees.
Also, they have not disclosed their fees, and you will have to get in touch with them to discuss your options. However, the average industry standard range from 15-25%.
Debt Relief Time
Countrywide Debt Relief states on their website that they can help you become debt-free in a period of 12-60 months, depending on your unique situation and the amount of debt you owe.
According to the data provided by Countrywide Debt Relief on their website, you can expect to save 25-30%, including fees on your total enrolled debt.
This amount is at par with the industry standard, which is great.
Minimum Debt Settlement Requirement
In order to be eligible for Countrywide Debt Relief’s program, you should be able to meet these three requirements:
- Have a minimum of $10,000 of credit card debt.
- Be able to afford a minimum monthly payment of $250 or 1.5% of credit card debt, whichever is lower.
- The status of payment to the creditors should not be more than sixty days late.
Types Of Debt Addressed
Countrywide Debt Relief can help you with the below-mentioned list of loans:
- Credit Card Debt
- High-interest rate installment loans
- Payday Loans
- Deficiency balances of auto loans
- Medical collection accounts
- Unsecured personal lines of credit.
How To Get Started?
Just follow these simple steps to get started with your debt-free journey:
1. Just go to Countrywide Debt Relief’s website and click on “See if you qualify for debt relief.”
2. Now, select the amount of debt you owe.
3. Select how late you are on making payments.
4. Now select your credit rating.
5. Fill in your name, email id, phone number, and state lastly to see your results.
You can get in touch with Countrywide Debt Relief’s customer support by calling them at (800) 594-3362 or emailing them at [email protected]
And if you are an existing client, you can call them at (888) 402-9391 or text them at (888) 402-9391.
NPC Countrywide Debt Relief Ratings
|Debt Settlement help||4.8/5|
|Ease of use||4.8/5|
Customer Reviews And Ratings
Countrywide Debt Relief has a combined rating of 4.8/5 stars given by a total of 470 people on ConsumerAffairs. And on Yelp, it has an average rating of 4.5/5 stars given by 31 people.
What Differentiates It?
Countrywide Debt Relief does not have anything unique per se. In fact, it is quite similar to other debt relief companies.
But it is nonetheless a good option to consider if you are looking for options for debt consolidation, debt settlement, or credit card debt consolidation.
I got in touch with Countrywide Debt Relief to discuss my options. The consultation call was free, and the call lasted for about thirty minutes.
During the call, the company’s agent discussed and analyzed my financial situation and our goal. Based on that, they offered me a debt settlement plan, which seemed good.
But because we did not want to ruin our credit score, I decided not to borrow money from my parents to pay off my debt.
|Company||Countrywide Debt Relief||First Choice Debt Relief|
|Minimum Debt Settlement Requirement||$10,000||Not revealed|
|Features||Debt settlement program, Debt consolidation, etc.||Debt settlement program, Spanish support, etc.|
|Savings||25%-30% after fees||25%-35% after fees|
|Relief Time||24-60 months||24-48 months|
How We Review Debt Relief Companies?
These are the factors based on which we review debt relief companies:
- Company’s online reputation
- Services offered
- Minimum debt relief requirement
- Savings one can make
- Debt relief helps time
Let’s quickly look at what we saw in this article.
So Countrywide Debt Relief offers a free consultation, does not charge any upfront fees, requires you to have $10,000 in debt to get started, and also requires you to be able to pay $250 or 1.5% of your total credit monthly to be eligible.
Overall, it can help you save 25-30% of the enrolled debt, including fees in 24-60 months.
But if you are unable to meet the requirements of Countrywide Debt Relief, then you can pick one of our top debt relief companies- National debt relief.
This company only needs you to have a minimum debt of $7500, and within 24-48 months, it can help you save 30% of your total debt amount, including fees.
I hope this article was useful to you.
Is Countrywide Debt Relief legit?
Yes, Countrywide Debt Relief is legit and is even accredited by AFCC and BBB.
In how many states is Countrywide Debt Relief available?
Countrywide Debt Relief offers services in 50 states.
Does Debt Settlement affect my credit score?
Yes, it affects your credit score and brings it down.
Does Countrywide Debt Relief service their own debt relief cases?
No, Countrywide Debt Relief does not service its own cases and third-party companies to deal with it.
Is Countrywide Debt Relief accredited by BBB?
Yes, Countrywide Debt Relief is accredited by BBB and has an A+ rating.
Shefali Jain is a Content Editor & Writer at National Planning Cycles.
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes.