Even today, a lot of businesses and people use fax services, but with so many options available online, it can get tough to find the best fax service.
But you do not have to worry about that! In this eFax review, we have broken down all that you need to know about this fax service, and by the end, you will get a good idea as to whether this one should be on your list or not. So let’s begin!
|Features||Port number, e-sign, etc.|
|Price||Starts at $15.83 a month|
|Free Trial||Not available|
- eFax lets you link up to 20 email addresses and send upto 75 faxes in a month.
- By paying $15.83 a month, you can edit & sign faxes, share large files and port numbers, secure unlimited storage, etc.
- eFax has a high rating of 4.8/5 stars on Trustpilot.
- eFax offers a free app and also integrates with Dropbox, Google Drive, and iCloud.
What Is eFax?
eFax is a very popular fax service that allows you to send and receive faxes right from your phone.
It offers a plethora of options, including toll-free numbers, desktop fax messenger, cover sheets, a large file sharing option, etc., with a monthly fee of $15.83-$18.99.
eFax also integrates with popular cloud storage platforms like Dropbox, Google Drive, and iCloud and allows you to send files such as PDF, DOC, TIFF, PNG, etc., up to 3GB in size.
Apart from this, you can simply download the free app, which is modest and smooth in functioning. Let us dig deeper and discuss the options and features that eFax offers in detail.
Also Read: RingCentral Fax Reviews
Features And Services
- Mobile Fax App – eFax offers a free app for both Android and iOs devices with the help of which you can edit, send and receive documents very easily. The best part is that the eFax app has a good rating on both the Play store and Apple app store.
- Toll-Free Numbers – Having a national toll-free fax number can help you create trust among customers, especially if you run a business. eFax offers a free toll-free number to you, using which you can create a national presence.
- Lifetime Storage – eFax lets you store all the faxes that you have sent or received for the life of your account. It even lets you tag the faxes with keywords so that you can search and retrieve your faxes anytime you want.
- Local Fax Numbers – eFax also offers local fax numbers using which you can establish the credibility of our business in your local area.
- Electronic Signature – The e-sign feature is something that not a lot of fax services offer. But thanks to eFax for making it super convenient for you to add your signature on documents. And the best part is that you can do this in two ways. You can either scan your signature from the paper or simply sign on the screen.
- Desktop Fax App – If you prefer sending faxes from your PC, then you can download eFax messenger and use it to send and receive faxes on your PC.
- Address Book – You can easily search for your contacts or even integrate your contact list with your eFax account.
- Large File Sharing – eFax lets you send high-quality docs, large files, images, etc., up to 3GB at once. It also lets you send links to 20 email addresses at once, with a maximum limit of 75 sends in a month. You will have the files stored for 90 days before it expires.
- Third-Party Cloud Storage – eFax integrates with cloud storage apps like Dropbox, Google Drive, and iCloud to help you attach files to your fax with ease.
Pros And Cons
- E-sign feature
- Good online reputation
- Multiple useful features
- Offers eFax messenger for desktop
- Costlier than competitors
- Separate limitations for sending and receiving faxes.
|Plan||Price (monthly)||Price (yearly)||Includes|
|$15.83 per month||Send 170 pages/mo,|
$10.00 Setup fee,
Receive 170 pages/mo
|$24.99 per month|
Send 375 pages/mo,
$10.00 Setup fee,
Receive 375 pages/mo
|eFax Corporate||Contact Company||Contact Company||Scalable page volume,|
HIPAA compliant – BAA available,
Fax API for easy integration
Apart from the points mentioned above, all the plans include the following features:
- Free Local or Toll-Free Number
- Secure Unlimited Storage
- Multiple Users
- Edit & Sign Faxes
- Fax to Multiple Recipients
- Email to Fax
- Share Large Files
- Android & iOS Mobile Apps
- Searchable Faxes
- 24/7 Award-Winning Live Support 2
App And Web Interface
eFax offers an app for both Android and iOS devices. The app interface is sleek and modest in design.
To get started, you simply need to sign in to your account, and in the app, you can find all the options, including inbox, sent box, signed docs, WS files, Contacts, settings, etc.
Composing email is super easy, and because the app integrates with Google Drive, iCloud, etc. so you can attach the files right from your phone easily.
Send Fax using eFax iOS App
Send Fax using eFax Android App
Is eFax Safe To Use?
How To Get Started?
To get started with eFax, just follow the below-steps:
1. Go to eFax’s website and click on “Sign up” option on the top right corner.
2. Now fill in your information such as country, zip code, name, email, payment info, etc. and that’s it. your account will be created!
How To Send a Fax Online by Email using eFax?
How to Sign Faxes on iPhone with eFax?
How To Send a Fax from Gmail?
How Can I Receive a Fax Online Through Email or eFax Message Center?
NPC eFax Ratings
|Ease of use||4.8/5|
Customer Ratings And Reviews
eFax has an average rating of 4.8/5 stars given by 1,600 people on Trustpilot, which is outstanding. 80% of the people gave it a 5-star rating, whereas 10% of people gave it a one-star rating. You can check out the reviews online yourself to know more.
What Differentiates It?
eFax offers so many features, including an e-sign option, Desktop messenger, integration with popular third-party platforms, etc., making it a great choice for those who are looking for a one-stop solution for all their faxing needs.
Their pricing is a bit more than their competitors; it is still a great option offering everything you need.
eFax offers customer support 24×7, and if you want to reach them, you can simply call them at 800 878-7151.
You can also go to their website and live chat with their support team. They offer support in a lot of countries which is really great.
I used eFax to send a high-quality document to one of my friends; using the app was very easy, and I did not have any difficulty attaching the files, docs, etc.
I also found the e-sign feature quite useful; the scanner works great. So once I sent the fax, I called my friend to confirm how the quality was, and she told me it looked great. Overall, we recommend using eFax.
|Features||Port number, e-sign, etc.||Scan and Fax, e-sign, etc.|
|Price||Starts at $15.83 a month||Starts at $16.67 a month|
|Free Trial||N/A||7-day trial|
Also Read: IFax Review
How We Review Fax Services?
While reviewing fax services, we take care of the following points:
- Format support
- Features and services offered, etc
- e-sign feature
- Ease of sending and receiving fax
- User interface
- Fax quality
eFax is a great choice for those who are looking for a complete package, be it local or national toll-free numbers, e-sign feature, access to the contact list, quality of documents, etc.
Having said that, it is important to note that eFax is slightly more expensive than its competitors. So if you don’t mind paying $15-$18 a month, then eFax is a great choice for you.
We hope you found this eFax review useful.
Is eFax legit?
Yes, eFax legit.
Is eFax accredited by BBB?
No, eFax is not accredited by BBB.
Does eFax allows you to port number?
Yes, you can port your existing fax number.
Does eFax offers cover sheets?
Yes, eFax offers custom cover sheet options to choose from.
So if you want to add a cover sheet to your fax, then you can simply choose from the available set of templates.
What all documents does eFax allows you to send?
You can send all major documents, including PDF, DOC, TIFF, PNG, etc., using eFax.
Shefali Jain is a Content Editor & Writer at National Planning Cycles.
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes.
The National Planning Cycles is committed to producing high-quality content that follows industry standards. We do this by using primary sources, such as white papers and government data alongside original reporting from reputable publishers that were appropriate for the accuracy of information while still being unbiased. We have an editorial policy that includes verifiable facts with due credit given where applicable.