Although the use of fax has been reduced to a good extent, it hasn’t been discarded completely.
There are people who still require fax service to send and receive faxes every now and then, and in this FaxBetter review, we will look at the features, services, pros and cons, sign-up process, etc. to understand if this fax service is worth your time and money or not. So let’s get right into it!
|Features||Spam protection, Unlimited lifetime storage, etc.|
|Price||Receive faxes for free & pay $5.95/mo to send faxes|
|Mobile Version||Not available|
What Is FaxBetter?
FaxBetter is an online fax service that lets you receive up to 50 faxes in a month for free and also lets you send faxes for a paid premium plan.
As soon as you sign up for FaxBetter, you get a free toll-free number which you can send to people to receive faxes.
However, the number only works if you receive faxes every seven days or less. If you also wish to send faxes, then you can buy their premium plan for $5.95 per month.
FaxBetter lets you send only Pdf, Word, Tif, Excel, Html, Jpg, or Text formats as outgoing fax.
If you want to send any other kind of document, then you can check out My fax or Metrofax.
Although FaxBetter offers limited functions, it is the most affordable service in the industry. Let’s dig a little deeper and discuss the pros and cons, plans, sign-up process, etc.
Read: How To Fax From Email?
Features And Services
Let’s see what all services and features FaxBetter offers:
- Spam Protection: FaxBetter offers an option where you can filter spam faxes and segregate them.
- Effortless as email: You do not need to install any hardware or software to send and receive faxes. FaxBetter works just like an email does
- Searchable Faxes: If you are worried that you will not be able to search faxes later, then don’t worry. You can search fax using your email search option on this platform.
- Unlimited Lifetime Storage: You do not need to delete faxes to maintain space because FaxBetter allows you to store a total number of faxes for your lifetime.
- Free and Affordable Options: FaxBetter offers free service as well as affordable monthly service, which we are going to discuss ahead.
Pros And Cons
- Offers free fax number for receiving a fax.
- Affordable monthly plans.
- You get an email notification each time you send a fax.
- Good customer support.
- Easy to use interface.
- HIPAA compliant.
- Can’t port the existing number.
- Can use only a single email id to send and receive faxes.
- The toll-free number remains active only if a user receives a fax every seven days.
|FaxBetter Free||Free||nil||Toll-free number,|
No activation fees,
Storage space upto 1000 pages,
Receive upto 50 faxes a month,
No brand mark on the pages
|FaxBetter Premium||$5.95 per month||$142.80 for 2 years,|
$95.40 for 1 year,
$9.95 per month
No activation fees,
Unlimited lifetime storage,
Upto 500 pages a month,
Additional pages cost $0.02/page,
No brand mark on the pages
Read: RingCentral Fax Reviews
FaxBetter has a very straightforward interface. It gives you a search box option at the top and gives you the option to move and label faxes below that.
On the right side, you will be able to see the delete and archive options; below that, you can see the preview of all the faxes that you have received, and lastly, on the right side, you can access the sent box, inbox, and trash box option and that’s pretty much it.
You do not need to be tech-savvy or install any apps to use FaxBetter.
How To Get Started?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to get started with FaxBetter:
1. Go to FaxBetter’s website, and click on the “options” button.
2. Now, choose between FaxBetter Free or FaxBetter Premium plan and click on the “Sign up now” option at the bottom.
3. Now type your email, enter your password, select time zone, tick the checkbox and click on submit to create your account.
You can go to FaxBetter’s online contact portal to submit your queries, or you can give them a call at 855-FaxBetter (855-329-2388) from Monday through Friday between 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET or between 9:00 am to 5:00 on Saturday’s.
If you have any general queries, then you can simply go through the FAQ section on the company’s website.
NPC FaxBetter Ratings
|Ease of use||4.8/5|
What Differentiates It?
FaxBetter is one of the most pocket-friendly fax services in the industry. Although it offers limited features, we feel it covers basic things well.
Also, it is very straightforward and hassle-free. It does not take much time to get started, and even a kid can easily use it. Apart from this, there isn’t much that differentiates it from others.
I created an account on FaxBetter and used a different fax service to send a fax on it.
I received the fax within two minutes and also got an email notification for the same. The quality of the document was pretty much the same. So yeah, it worked well.
|Features||Spam protection, Unlimited lifetime storage, etc.||It supports multiple formats, add multiple recipients, etc.|
|Fees||Receive faxes for free & pay $5.95/mo to send faxes||$9.96/mo – $37.95/mo|
|Mobile Version||N/A||Android & iOS|
|Free Trial||Free to receive faxes||14-day trial|
|Cancelation charges||Non-refundable||No charge|
How We Review Fax Services?
We take into account the following factors while reviewing fax services:
- Features and services offered, etc
- Fax quality
- Format support
- e-sign feature
- User interface
- Ease of sending and receiving fax
FaxBetter is a decent fax service suitable for those who need a free fax service provider or for someone who wants to send faxes for a very affordable price. We hope you liked reading the FaxBetter review and found it useful.
How long does it take to send and receive fax?
Documents containing only texts take a minute per page to receive or get sent, and documents containing graphics might take 5 minutes.
Is FaxBetter affiliated by BBB?
No, FaxBetter is not affiliated with BBB.
Can I send colored faxes?
No, FaxBetter only allows you to send and receive black and white faxes.
Can I choose my own fax number?
If the number you want is available, then you will have to upgrade to premium first, and then you will have to pay $100 to get it..
Is FaxBetter legit?
Yes, FaxBetter is legit.
Shefali Jain is a Content Editor & Writer at National Planning Cycles.
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes.