Even with so many methods of communication pouring out, faxing is still relevant, and that is because of its unmatched security and efficiency.
So if you are someone who is looking to send faxes without even spending a penny, then this FaxZero review is for you.
|Features||Support multiple formats, easy interface, etc|
|Price||Free, $2.09 for a premium plan|
|Free Trial||Already free|
- Using FaxZero, you can send five faxes in a day for free but with a limitation of three pages per fax plus a cover. And if you want to fax more then, you can choose to buy the premium version costing $2.09 per fax.
- It supports a number of files, including DOC, PDF, DOCX, JPG, etc.
- FaxZero allows you to only send faxes; you can’t receive faxes using it.
What Is FaxZero?
FaxZero is a free fax service that allows you to send up to five faxes with a limit of three pages plus a cover letter in a day for free in the US and Canada.
Although it lacks high-end features and an app and does not allow you to receive a fax, it is still one of the best choices for those who don’t use fax too much and are looking for free fax service.
FaxZero also offers a premium package that allows you to fax internationally for an additional cost of $2.09 per fax.
Overall, FaxZero is a bare-bones fax service that is a good choice for those looking for a straightforward fax service to just send faxes.
Features And Services
- Fast Delivery – Given the straightforwardness of FaxZero, you might be wondering if the service is even efficient enough to deliver the faxes fast. Well, surprisingly, FaxZero delivers your faxes to the recipient within a period that could range from five-thirty minutes, and if you choose its premium plan, then you will get priority delivery.
- Easy-to-use Interface – FaxZero has a very straightforward interface, and everything is pretty self-explanatory, so you are not going to face any issues while composing your fax.
- Supports Multiple File Types – FaxZero supports a number of file types, including PDF, DOCX, PNG, RTF, DOC, XLS, JPG, HTML, XLSX, GIF, TXT, TIFF, and PPT. This means that you won’t have to trouble yourself to convert the files before sending them through.
Pros And Cons
- Free to use
- Inexpensive international faxing
- No need to create an account
- Sends email confirmation
- Supports multiple file format
- FaxZero branding on the cover page in the free version
- Page Limitations
- Limited features
- Compromised quality for heavy-graphic faxes
As mentioned earlier, FaxZero lets you send up to five faxes in a day for free but with a limitation of three pages per fax plus a cover letter that will include the FaxZero branding on the cover page.
However, it also offers a premium version if you want to get rid of the branding mark and if you wish to send faxes internationally.
For this, you will need to pay $2.09 per fax. You can refer to the table below to understand the difference between the free and premium plans of FaxZero.
|Free Plan||Premium Plan|
|Free||Costs $2.09 per fax|
|Maximum five faxes per day||Maximum 25 pages + optional cover|
|FaxZero branding on the cover page||No cover page at all|
|Maximum three pages + cover||Priority delivery option|
|No FaxZero branding on the cover page|
Unlike other fax services like Cocofax or MetroFax, FaxZero does not offer any apps.
This means that you do not get to fax with the comfort of an app; at the same time, it is a good thing for someone who is not tech-savvy. So to send faxes, you only have to use FaxZero’s web interface.
When you open the web interface, you will find a section of the sender’s information in the top left corner and the receiver’s information in the top right corner; below that, you will get the option of attaching files and typing any text.
How To Send Fax Using FaxZero?
Follow these steps to send a fax using FaxZero:
- Go to FaxZero’s website.
- Now enter your name, company name, email address, and phone number in the left column.
- And enter the receiver’s name, company name, and fax number in the right column.
- Now scroll down and click on the “Choose files” option to attach files from a number of options, including DOC, PDF, DOCX, JPG, etc.
- Enter text in the text box below if you wish to.
- Lastly, enter the confirmation code that you see on the screen and hit on send.
FaxZero has very limited customer support, and to contact them, you can email them at [email protected]
You can also go through their FAQ section in order to get answers to basic queries.
NPC FaxZero Ratings
|Ease of use||4.5/5|
Customer Ratings And Reviews
FaxZero has an average rating of 2.75/5 on SiteJabber based on four customer reviews and an average rating of 3.8 stars out of two customer reviews on Trustpilot.
I used FaxZero’s free version to send a fax. The interface is very straightforward, so it was a no-brainer to compose the fax.
To check the quality and speed of the fax, I attached a heavy-graphic document, and although the fax was delivered within five minutes, the graphics of the image was a bit compromised.
I also sent a normal file without any heavy graphics. The quality of this one remained the same. Overall, I think FaxZero is pretty decent for a service that is free of cost.
What Differentiates It?
There aren’t a lot of things that differentiate FaxZero reviews, but it is quite good for those who need a fax service only occasionally.
Without spending a penny, you can send a fax that supports a variety of files. And surprisingly, it also offers international faxing for a really affordable price.
|Features||Supports multiple formats, easy interface, etc.||It supports multiple formats, adds multiple recipients, etc.|
|Fees||Free, $2.09 for premium||$9.96/mo – $37.95/mo|
|Mobile Version||N/A||Android & iOS|
|Free Trial||–||14-day trial|
|Cancelation charges||No charge||No charge|
|Recipients||One person||Add up to 50 people|
|Toll-free number||Does not offer||Offers|
How We Review Fax Services?
We consider the following factors while reviewing a Fax Service:
- Features and services offered
- User interface
- Ease of sending and receiving fax
- Format support
- Customer reviews
- Availability of cover letters, etc.
FaxZero is a decent service that allows sending you a basic fax message, so if you rarely use faxing and do not want to spend a lot on it, then it is a good choice for you.
We hope you found this FaxZero review helpful.
Is FaxZero legit?
Yes, FaxZero is legit. However, it does not offer high-end security like other similar chargeable platforms.
Why am I unable to send my PDF via Fax?
If your PDF is password protected, then you won’t be able to send it via FaxZero. So make sure to remove the password before sending your PDF file.
What if I need to send more than five faxes a day using FaxZero?
If you want to send more than five faxes in a day, then you can do so by paying $2.09 for each fax.
Do I get a refund if my international fax fails to send?
FaxZero will offer you a 90% refund if your international fax fails to send.
How many times will FaxZero try to send my fax in case of failure?
FaxZero will try to send the fax five times in case of failure before giving up.
Shefali Jain is a Content Editor & Writer at National Planning Cycles.
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes.