Shocking as it may sound, faxes are still quite popular even with so many options of communications available to us.
And if you are someone who is looking for a free fax service to send faxes effortlessly, then this GotFreeFax Review is for you!
|Features||Easy interface, on-demand plans, etc.|
|Price||Free, ($0.98-$49.95 for premium plans)|
- GotFreeFax supports PDF, Rich Text, DOC, OpenDocument Text, and JPG/JPEG file formats.
- GotFreeFax lets you send fax up to three pages for free, including cover letters, with a limit of two faxes per day.
- You can either choose the free plan or, for more features, choose from super affordable plans starting at $0.98.
What Is GotFreeFax?
GotFreeFax is an outgoing free fax service that lets you fax up to three pages for free, including cover letters, with a limit of two faxes per day.
If you want to send more than three pages of fax, then it also offers affordable pre-paid plans.
It lets you add up to ten files in single fax but only supports PDF, Rich Text, DOC, OpenDocument Text, and JPG/JPEG file format.
Also, you do not need to be tech-savvy in order to use GotFreeFax, because of its modest interface.
So if you want to send faxes to someone for free within the U.S. and Canada, then GotFreeFax is a great option for you.
We also reviewed GotFreeFax’s competitor FaxZero which is also a free fax service that lets you send five faxes in a day and supports more files; however, its cover letter includes the brand mark. Let’s dig deeper and look into more details of GotFreeFax.
Read: PamFax Review
Features And Services
- Get notified – Whenever you send a fax to someone, GotFreeFax will notify you when the fax gets delivered successfully. This is a great thing because you will know the status of your fax message and wouldn’t have to worry about it.
- On-demand plans – Another cool thing about GotFreeFax is that if you want to send more than three pages of fax, then you can choose from a couple of affordable options. There is no need to sign up for any subscriptions. Just choose a one-time fax option, pay for it, and you are good to go.
- No-brainer interface – To use GotFreeFax, you do not have to install any app or create an account. Simply go to the website and start sending faxes right away.
Pros And Cons
- Straightforward interface
- Ad-free cover page
- Supports pre-paid accounts for businesses
- Not an incoming fax service
- Security is not very strong
- It Supports only three kinds of files
|Free Fax Service||Free||Free fax cover page, No Ads,|
2 free faxes per day maximum,
3 pages per fax maximum
|Premium Pay-Per-Fax Service||10 pages for $0.98|
20 pages for $1.98
30 pages for $2.98
|Fax 1 document up to 30 pages,|
Free fax cover page, No Ads,
Secure payment via PayPal,
|Premium/Business Prepaid Fax Service||100 page credit for $9.95,|
300 page credit for $19.95,
1000 page credit for $49.95
|Page credits Never Expire,|
Bill by page,
No monthly fee,
Fax image download,
Secure payment via PayPal,
Free fax cover page, No Ads,
GotFreeFax also offers an international faxing service for a fee, and the price varies from place to place.
You can simply visit their website to view the price of sending a fax to a particular location.
GotFreeFax does not offer any app, and you have to simply visit its website to send a fax. The interface is neat and easy to understand.
On the top left, you will see the sender’s information block, and on the right, you will see the receiver’s block.
Below this, you will see the option to add files and type any message. Lastly, you will see the various one-off plans it offers. It is that simple to use!
How To Send Fax Using GotFreeFax?
To send faxes using GotFreeFax, simply follow these steps:
- Go to GotFreeFax’s website.
- In the sender’s section, enter your information, including name, company name, fax number, and email address.
- Now in the receiver’s section, enter the same details.
- Enter any text, add a cover letter if you want, or add up to 10 files in PDF, Rich Text, DOC, OpenDocument Text, and JPG/jpeg format.
- Now click on send.
GotFreeFax’s customer service is limited to email, and in case of any query, you can reach out to them by sending an email to [email protected]
You can also submit your feedback by visiting their contact us page or check out their FAQ section if you have any general queries.
NPC GotFreeFax Ratings
|Ease of use||4.8/5|
Customer Ratings And Reviews
Out of the twelve customer reviews on SiteJabber, GotFreeFax has an average rating of 3.9/5. A lot of people found it convenient and better than a lot of free fax services.
Some of them also complained that their fax took some time to send and complained about their fax getting in the queue.
I used GotFreeFax to get a first-hand experience of the service. So the interface looked relatively modest, and everything seemed pretty self-explanatory.
I filled in my and the recipient’s information, added two files, and hit on send. After three minutes, I got a notification on my email stating that the fax had been delivered.
When I checked the quality of the PDF I attached, the font looked grey on the white background, which gave it a slightly faded appearance, but it wasn’t the biggest problem. Overall, sending a fax via GotFreeFax was really quick and easy.
What Differentiates It?
GotFreeFax is not only affordable and modest, but it also lets you customize your cover letter without sending the irritating brand mark as opposed to its biggest competitor FaxZero, which, although it lets you fax up to free five faxes in a day, also sends the pesky little brandmark along with the cover letter.
Another thing that differentiates GotFreeFax is its affordable fax service for business accounts and one-off plans.
|Features||Easy interface, no brand mark, etc.||Supports multiple formats, easy interface, etc.|
|Fees||Free ($0.98-$49.95 for premium plans)||Free ($2.09 for the premium plan)|
|Cancelation charges||No charge||No charge|
|Recipients||One person||One person|
How We Review Fax Services?
We consider the following points to review Fax Services:
- Features and services offered
- User interface
- Ease of sending and receiving fax
- Customer reviews
- Format support
- Availability of cover letters, etc.
GotFreeFax is a great option if you are looking for a free or super affordable fax service to only send faxes.
However, if you want to send files excluding PDF, Rich Text, DOC, OpenDocument Text, and JPG/JPEG format and want to send more than five faxes for free, then you can check out ZeroFax in that case.
We hope you found this GotFreeFax review helpful.
Read: Fax.Plus Review
Is GotFreeFax legit?
Yes, GotFreeFax is legit and is a great option for small businesses and individuals who are looking to send faxes for free or for an affordable price.
Will GotFreeFax add their logo to my fax?
No, they do not add their logo on any of their faxes.
Can I use my own fax cover page?
Yes, GotFreeFax lets you add your cover page. For this, simply uncheck the “Use No Ad-Free Cover Page” option.
Is GotFreeFax safe to use?
GotFreeFax’s servers are managed by their certified engineers, and their gateway is also secured by Anti-virus, which your fax safe.
How to maximize the rich text editor?
Just click on “Full-Screen Edit” to maximize or minimize the rich text editor.
Shefali Jain is a Content Editor & Writer at National Planning Cycles.
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes.