If you’ve already heard about air fryers, then you may be wondering how can they fry food without using any oil. In this article, we’ll explain how does the Air Fryer work?
- You can even grill your food or stem it in an air fryer.
- Air fryers can cost you about $100, but they will save you a lot of money later.
- You do not need to check your food while cooking it in an air fryer; you only need to select a program and turn on the fryer.
The Principle Behind Air Fryers
Air fryers of different brands call their technologies by different names, but their functioning is all based on the same principle.
When you turn on your air fryer, it does basically this:
- One or more heating elements heat the air and bring it to a very high temperature
- A fan blows the hot air into the cooking chamber
- The hot air keeps circulating thanks to the activity of the fan, usually at high speed.
With this simple system, you can obtain these results:
- The food is evenly cooked because every surface comes into contact with the same amount of hot air
- You don’t need to change the position of your food during the cooking
- You obtain a crispy outer layer on your food as though it was fried. This is why such devices are called air fryers.
Why Do You Need An Air Fryer?
Why should you use an air fryer to obtain a result that is similar to simply frying the food?
Fried food is one of the less healthy types of food of all. This is because fried food is obtained by immersing the piece of food in hot oil. The food absorbs the oil, and you end up eating great amounts of it.
Such a high intake of fats (because oil is made of fats and nothing more) is responsible for many health issues such as obesity, cholesterol, and high blood pressure.
Can I Only Fry With An Air Fryer?
First of all, technically, you don’t fry your food with an air fryer. Furthermore, the results you can obtain are many: you could grill your food or even stem it. Air fryers being so versatile is another of their advantages.
Air fryers: Advantages
We’ve spoken about how air fryers are versatile and how they allow you to cook your food in the healthiest way, but are there any other advantages?
The other advantages of using an air fryer are the following:
- Air fryers are cost-saving. Despite the fact that you need to purchase one (an air fryer can cost about $100), after that, you can save money because you don’t need to purchase oil and because these devices are less energy consuming than other kitchen tools.
- You can cook the food quickly because the air inside the cooking chamber reaches a high temperature and because of the small dimensions of the chamber itself (when compared to an oven).
- Even if you don’t like to cook, even if you’ve never used an air fryer before, you’ll have no difficulties using an air fryer. You can follow the instructions and cook premium recipes with a couple of moves.
- You don’t have to check the food while cooking: just put the food in, select the program, and turn the air fryer on. You can even go to another room and come back when it’s ready!
Amit Gupta is the founder of National Planning Cycles, a company that helps startups, individuals, and small businesses with their financial planning. He has a vast amount of experience in the finance sector, having managed Google Play accounts for some of the world’s most successful unicorns. Amit is an expert in his field, and he uses his knowledge to help others achieve their individual goals.