As you may know, Roku is a device that can stream shows, movies, and music on your TV.
Sometimes, you may need to wear earphones to listen to your favorite show and we all know that Bluetooth earphones are the most comfortable.
Among them, AirPods are the absolute best for comfort and audio quality. But can you connect your AirPods directly to your Roku TV?
If you tried to connect your AirPods directly to your Roku TV but couldn’t manage it’s not because you’ve mistaken something but because it can’t be done, at least not directly.
There is no direct way to connect AirPods directly to a Roku TV because no Bluetooth earphones can be connected to it. However, there is a way of doing the same using the Roky App.
How To Connect AirPods To Roku TV?
You can connect your AirPods to your Roku Tv by using your smartphone and connecting the Roku app on your mobile device to your Roku Tv or streaming device.
This way, you can watch your show and listen to the audio from your AirPods. SO, how can you do it step by step?
- Download the Roku App and install it on your smartphone (iPhone or Android device)
- Now connect your AirPods to your iPhone or Android smartphone
- Open the Raku App and tap Remote
- Tap Devices and then tap Ok
- Tap connect now
- The Roku App will now search for your Roku TV or Roku streaming device. Wait for it to appear on the list and then select it.
- After the device is connected, tap the remote icon
- Now, tap the headphones icon and then tap ok
- Open the control center: here you can verify that the AirPods are active
- If you play a movie o any show on the Roku TV or Roku streaming device you’d listen to the audio from your AirPods.
Can I Connect Another Type Of Bluetooth Earphones Or Headphones?
The process we’ve just shown works with any Bluetooth earphones or headphones. Just pair your earphones or headphones with your smartphone or tablet and follow the same procedure.
The Roku TV Doesn’t Connect To The Roku App: Fixed
You may encounter issues during this procedure is that your Roku TV or streaming device doesn’t connect with the Roku APP.
If the connection isn’t successful you can’t use your AirPods or other Bluetooth earphones to listen to the audio so it’s essential that you fix this.
One of the main causes of these issues is that you didn’t provide permission from the Roku Tv to connect to mobile devices.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to setting
- Go to Systems
- Select Advanced system setting
- Select Control by mobile apps
- Select Network access and set it to Default or Permissive.
Read: 5 Best AirPods Charger
Connecting your AirPods or other Bluetooth earphones to your Raku TV isn’t immediate but you can do it in some passages.
After a few times, it’ll become easier and quicker, and you can exploit the comfort and audio quality of your AirPods with your Raku TV.
Shefali Jain is a Content Editor & Writer at National Planning Cycles.
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes.