As you may know, Roku is a device that can stream shows, movies, and music on your TV.
Sometimes, you may need to wear earphones to listen to your favorite show and we all know that Bluetooth earphones are the most comfortable.
Among them, AirPods are the absolute best for comfort and audio quality. But can you connect your AirPods directly to your Roku TV?
If you tried to connect your AirPods directly to your Roku TV but couldn’t manage, it’s not because you’ve mistaken something but because it can’t be done, at least not directly.
There is no direct way to connect AirPods directly to a Roku TV because no Bluetooth earphones can be connected to it. However, there is a way of doing the same using the Roky App.
How To Connect AirPods To Roku TV?
You can connect your AirPods to your Roku TV by using your smartphone and connecting the Roku app on your mobile device to your Roku Tv or streaming device.
This way, you can watch your show and listen to the audio from your AirPods. So, how can you do it step by step?
- Download the Roku App and install it on your smartphone (iPhone or Android device)
- Now connect your AirPods to your iPhone or Android smartphone
- Open the Raku App and tap Remote
- Tap Devices and then tap Ok
- Tap connect now
- The Roku App will now search for your Roku TV or Roku streaming device. Wait for it to appear on the list, and then select it.
- After the device is connected, tap the remote icon
- Now, tap the headphones icon and then tap ok
- Open the control center: here, you can verify that the AirPods are active
- If you play a movie o any show on the Roku TV or Roku streaming device you’d listen to the audio from your AirPods.
Can I Connect Another Type Of Bluetooth Earphones Or Headphones?
The process we’ve just shown works with any Bluetooth earphones or headphones. Just pair your earphones or headphones with your smartphone or tablet and follow the same procedure.
Why Is My Roku TV Not Connecting To The Roku App?
You may encounter issues during this procedure is that your Roku TV or streaming device doesn’t connect with the Roku APP.
If the connection isn’t successful, you can’t use your AirPods or other Bluetooth earphones to listen to the audio so it’s essential that you fix this. Here are some of the possible issues & their solutions:
1. You didn’t provide permission from the Roku Tv to connect to mobile devices.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to “Setting.”
- Go to “Systems.”
- Select “Advanced system setting.”
- Select “Control by mobile apps.”
- Select “Network access” and set it to “Default or Permissive“.
2. Your Phone & Roku TV are on different Wi-Fi networks:
To be able to connect your Roku app with your Roku, it is important that both are connected to the same network. To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- On your Roku remote, press the “home menu” button.
- Go to “settings“.
- Now select network and then click on “about.”
- You will be able to see the network you are currently connected to.
- Check and make sure your Roku tv and phone are connected to the same network. If not, then make the necessary changes.
3. Roku Tv is not fully updated
Your streaming box and tv update automatically, but if you haven’t used it for a while, then it possibly didn’t update.
So here’s how you can fix this:
- On your remote, press the “home button.”
- Now go to “settings,” then click on “system,” and then “software update.”
- Now click on “check now” and look for updates. In case of any new updates, it will update automatically.
4. Your phone is connected through a VPN
If your iPhone is connected to a VPN, then this could be the reason why your Roku tv is not connecting to your Roku app. Here’s how you can fix this:
- Go to your phone’s “settings.”
- Now go to the “VPN option” and turn it off.
5. AP isolation feature is activated on your router
Some routers come with an AP isolation feature that allows them to create a virtual network for any wireless device that may be connected to the router.
This feature does not let the devices communicate with each other and protects all other devices in case one of them gets hacked.
But if this feature is turned on, it will not let your Roku tv to connect with your Roku app.
Make sure you turn off this feature by following the instruction as per your tv model to be able to connect both.
Read: 5 Best AirPods Charger
How To Connect Any Type of Earphones To Your Roku TV?
How To Use Apple AirPlay on Roku?
Connecting your AirPods or other Bluetooth earphones to your Raku TV isn’t immediate, but you can do it in some passages.
After a few times, it’ll become easier and quicker, and you can exploit the comfort and audio quality of your AirPods with your Raku TV.
Can I connect any speaker with my Roku Tv?
Yes, you can easily connect any soundbar or audio/video (AVR) receiver to the HDMI port in your Roku tv if it supports an audio return channel or ARC.
If your Roku tv does not support ARC, then you can pair the speaker with your phone indirectly for the sound.
How to add Bluetooth to my Roku TV?
You can pair Bluetooth with your Roku Tv by connecting Roku smart soundbar or Roku Tv wireless speakers to your smart TV.
Then you can pair your speakers with your phone to get the audio.
What are the best Roku devices?
Here are some cool Roku devices that you can try out:
- Roku Streaming Stick 4K+ – By using this dongle, you can get access to Roku’s Voice Remote Pro for voice control, 4K HDR playback, and Dolby vision.
- Roku Express HD – This setup comes with a Roku remote, a premium HDMI cable, and an Express HD device that can help you in updating your older version of Roku tv with more features.
- Roku Streambar Pros- This device offers you Dolby audio and also acts as your streaming device so that you can enjoy the best of both worlds in a single device.
Shefali Jain is a Content Editor & Writer at National Planning Cycles.
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes.