Want to know how to connect Xbox to TV? We got you!!
The XBOX is one of the most popular game consoles on the planet. Many users don’t know that there are several ways of connecting to the Tv (many of them think that there is only one!).
Why is it important to know that? Because all these alternatives make the XBOX very versatile: if you have an old television, or if you need to go to your grandmother’s house for some time and you want to take your Xbox with you, know that there is always a way of connecting your game console to a television.
Let’s find out all the ways you can connect an Xbox console to a television.
Also Read: What Is TruMotion 120 Technology?
So how to connect Xbox to TV?
You should know that the Xbox only supports 1 type of output signal, and that is HDMI.
This is the reason why people think that the only way to connect an XBOX to television is through an HDMI-HDMI cable.
The thing is, however, that you can exit from the Xbox with an HDMI connector, and enter the TV with many alternatives.
All you need is one of these cables:
- HDMI to VGA HD
- HDMI to HD AV
- HDMI to Composite AV
1. HDMI to HDMI
HDMI is the most common way of connecting an XBOX to a television. Just plug in one end of the cable to your TV and the other to your console.
Then, go to your TV, find the Source setups, and select the port you’ve used (modern television often has more than one HDMI port).
This isn’t only the most common way; it is also the one that provides the best quality of both audio and video signals.
However, older televisions don’t have HDMI ports. This is where you might need one of the following alternatives.
2. HDMI to VGA HD
If your television is old but not too old, it’ll have a VGA port (it is blue and have two small screws on the sides). In this case, you can use an HDMI to VGA HD cable.
You’ll need to plug the HDMI end into your console and the other end into the TV.
You’ll see that other than the VGA connector, there are a couple of other connectors: those transmit the audio signal, and you need to connect them to the correspondent ports (they are colored in red and white so you can’t make mistakes).
3. HDMI to VGA HD
With this alternative, you have an HDMI connector to plug into the XBOX and six different connectors that you need to plug into the TV.
This is an alternative for very old TVs, but the quality won’t be excellent.
4. HDMI to Composite AV
Again, you can use this alternative (HDMI for the Xbox and three connectors for the television), but the quality of both audio and video won’t be excellent.
How To Set Up Your Xbox Series S or X to Your Tv?
Why Are There Two HDMI Port In Xbox One?
Xbox has two HBMI ports: HDMI in and HDMI out. The HDMI out port carries the sound and picture from the console to the tv. And HDMI in is used if you have a satellite receiver or a cable box.
Xbox is a single device that is able to handle streaming, gaming, and tv and to fix up your full tv setup, which is why it has an extra port.
How To Fix No Signal HDMI Display On Your Xbox One?
How To Do The Basic Setup Of Your Xbox?
Follow these steps to do the basic setup of your Xbox:
- To switch on your Xbox unit using a wired controller, simply press the home button that you see on the Xbox controller. This will switch on the power of your controller and unit at the same time.
- Now you will see the screen blink with the Xbox logo. Wait for a few seconds for it to process.
- Now you will get an instruction saying, “Press A,” click on it to proceed.
- You will now see the option to select your preferred language from a list of options; scroll down to your preferred language and press A to select it.
- Based on your selected language, your Xbox will give you options to select your location. Again, scroll down to your preferred location and press A to select it.
- Now you will see an option to select your preferred connection, that is, wired or wifi connection. Select a wired connection for smooth control.
- Lastly, you will be asked to update your Xbox, regardless of the unit. Make sure your internet is on and connected. Now select the update option to finish the initial setup.
If you can accept some compromises regarding the quality of video and audio, you can connect the Xbox console to potentially and television.
We hope you found this guide on how to connect Xbox to TV helpful.
Is it possible to connect my Xbox to the Tv without wires?
Yes, you can connect your Xbox to your Tv without wires. For this, set your tv to the correct input signal, that is, HDMI.
Secure the HDMI cable connected to the console. See that your HDMI cable connection is also secured to your Tv.
Now for 10 seconds, press the Xbox button to turn off your console and then turn it on.
How can I connect Xbox one controller to my iphone?
Follow these steps to connect your Xbox one controller to your iPhone:
- Simply power on the controller by pressing the Xbox logo button.
- Next, press the sync button till you see the Xbox logo button flashing.
- Now open the Bluetooth Other Devices list, where you will see a controller appear. Select this option to pair Xbox to your iPhone.
Can I connect my bluetooth headphones to my Xbox one?
Xbox one does not support Bluetooth, unfortunately. However, there is one way in which you can connect your wireless headphones to your Xbox. To do this:
- Get a USB wireless adapter, and turn on your Xbox one.
- Now connect the adapter and switch on your headphones.
- They will automatically connect to your headphones.
Shefali Jain is a Content Editor & Writer at National Planning Cycles.
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes.