Snapchat has a unique concept that the seen pictures disappear later. It also has many cool features like quirky selfies and real-time faces.
It has evoked fear of missing out (FOMO) among many users. They don’t like this feature about Snapchat.
That’s why this makes people check the app again and again. That’s why people get tired of this.
So many people wonder if they want to delete their Snapchat account on iPhone along with the pictures or how to delete Snapchat account on iPhone.
If you are also one of those people and want to delete your Snapchat account, you should read this article because this is for you.
In this article, you can easily learn how to delete your Snapchat account from your iPhone or computer.
How to delete Snapchat account from iPhone
This process is to be performed from your iPhone. If you want to delete your account from your Phone, follow the steps properly.
- First of all, open the Snapchat app on your iPhone.
- Then after opening the app and on the left top corner of the screen, tap on your avatar icon. After that, tap on the gear icon for the settings of Snapchat at the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down in the settings option and look for the option of support there; after finding, click on the option, and further in the support option, tap on the option of “I need Help” for further proceeding.
- In the I need help option, a search bar will appear, tap on that search bar, and write “Delete my account”. You will see a drop-down list; among the list, select the option of “Delete my account” to delete the account.
- When you select the option of “Delete my account,” this page will direct you to the page or account deletion support. On the page of account deletion support, you will get all detailed information about the deletion process and after-effects of the account. Select the account portal option under how to delete the account to proceed further.
- After performing the above step, you will reach the final step of deletion of the account. Further, you will be asked to enter your username or email ID and password; enter all this information to confirm that you are trying to delete the account.
How to delete Snapchat account from the computer
You can use this process to delete an account from your computer or PC.
- First of all, open chrome or any browser on your computer. In the browser, open Google and look for Snapchat in there.
- Open the Snapchat site and log into your Snapchat account.
- Now perform all the steps you did on your iPhone.
- Enter all your credentials detail and confirm the deletion. Your account will be deleted easily.
Permanently delete Snapchat account.
With the processes mentioned above, you can delete your Snapchat account permanently from your iPhone.
But for the confirmation of permanent deletion of your account, you have to wait for at least 30 days; after 30 days, you will get the confirmation mail of deletion of your account.
But if you open your account within these 30 days, your account will get reactive again, and you will have to wait 30 days for its deletion.
Here are Snapchat privacy guidelines for the process of deletion of accounts:
- All the personal information you gave while creating an account and installing the app.
- Information that is linked with your device includes your data logs and location.
- Third-party information, which includes other users’ contact lists, collected from advertisers, and third-party linked information
Reactivate Snapchat account
In case after deleting your account, you make your mind to recover it or keep using your account.
You can get easily reactive at any time within 30 days of the deletion of an account.
Just open the Snapchat app on your iPhone, enter your user name or Email ID and password, and wait for the confirmation email from Snapchat.
It usually takes a few minutes for this process completes. However, it may take more than 24 hours to recover your Snapchat account.
If it doesn’t happen suddenly, just wait. It will happen after a few times.
Also, you cannot delete you cannot change your account password after deactivating. Keep these points in mind before deleting or deactivating them.
Snapchat Account Deleted Successfully!
Some people at times wonder whether we can delete the account of Snapchat chat from our iPhone, iPad, or other mobile devices or not.
The answer is you can delete the account easily from your iPhone or mobile device.
But in my view, it’s much easier to delete an account from your Mac or Windows computer.
So if you want to delete your account, then my advice would be to do it from a PC, to do this task easily and fast.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Can I Reactivate My Snapchat Account After Deleting It On My IPhone?
You can reactivate the account after deleting it within 30 days of deletion. Just open the Snapchat app on your iPhone and enter your username or ID and password and wait for the confirmation email; once you get the confirmation email, you will be able to recover the account.
How To Delete A Snapchat Account On IPhone Or IPad?
Go to the Snapchat app on your iPhone, tap on your avatar in the top right corner, and select the settings icon. Select the support option in settings and go into “I need help.” In the search, section type deletes my account, and from the drop-down list and choose the option of Delete my account, follow guidance to delete the account.
Can I Delete My Snapchat Account Permanently From My IPhone?
Your account gets deactivated temporarily after you delete it; it only gets deleted permanently after 30 days of deactivation. If you open your account within these 30 days, you have to wait again for 30 days for its permanent deletion.