We are all familiar with that feeling that comes any time someone asks us to send them fax: it’s annoying, we don’t know how to do it, and we complain about the fax that in the age of emails and live chats, we are still required to use fax machines!
However, the Internet can offer a solution to this too.
In particular, we are going to explore how to fax from email, what kind of software tools you would need and how to use them.
Let’s find out the 3 best ways to fax from email without further delay.
- Best web app to fax from email – CocoFax
- Best software to fax from email – iFax
- Best cloud-based server to fax from email – Westfax
- You will need a software, app or a specific tool to send fax over the internet.
- Cocofax, iFax, westfax, etc. are some good online fax services.
How To Fax From Email?
If you want to send a fax using the Internet and email, you are going to need a specific tool.
It can be the software of any kind: a web app, a cloud-based platform, or software that you need to download on your computer.
In the following section, we’re going to provide one recommendation for each of these kinds of tools.
1. CocoFax: Best web app to fax from email
CocoFax is a simple web app to fax from email. It provides a 14-day trial: with that, you can send up to 10 pages.
If you only need to send pages once, you can exploit this web app.
If you need to send faxes regularly, this can still be an option because CocoFax provides the following plans:
- Lite: 4.99 dollars per month
- Basic: 9.99 dollars per month
- Premium: 16.99 dollars per month
With them, you can send many pages for a flat fee during the month.
How to fax from email with CocoFax?
Faxing from email with CocoFax is pretty simple.
Follow these steps:
- Create your account. With your email, create a CocoFax account and pick a password. These are the credentials you’ll need when you want to send faxes from email.
- Faxes are sent to a fax number, so enter their fax number instead of the recipient’s email address.
- You can type a text if you want in the provided space;
- Now it’s time to upload the pages you need to send. You can click the Add button and upload them as though they were email attachments.
- When you’re ready, click Send.
2. iFax: best software to fax from email
For those searching for a professional and definitive solution and those who want to be able to access their fax platform even when they are offline iFax is the best solution.
Their software is a virtual fax machine that you can download and install on your computer(and on every computer in your office), but the company can also provide hardware so that you can set up a last-generation fax machine in your office.
However, this isn’t the cheapest option, and we are only recommending it for large companies or corporations: the price starts from $34.
It’s not cheap, but it’s a one-time payment, while the other services on this list require a subscription (that you need to pay for every month).
How to fax from email with iFax?
Setting up the system can be a little more complex, but then it’s everything just as easy as the previous ones on this list.
- Download and install the software. The installation can be done following the guided procedure.
- Launch the software on your computer. At this point, this tool works just like any other.
- Add the recipient’s fax number
- Add the pages you need to send
- Click the Send button.
3. Westfax: best cloud-based server to fax from email
What does it mean that Westfax is a cloud-based server to fax from email?
It means that it can be considered a virtual fax machine that doesn’t need to be downloaded and installed on your computer.
On the contrary, you can access it through an Internet connection, from any device, and from any location.
WestFax is ideal for businesses because, with one subscription, more than one user can use it. In particular:
- With the Basic Plan (at $8.99 per month) 1 user can use the platform;
- With the Fax 1500 Plan (at $29.95 per month) 5 users can use the platform;
- With the Fax 3K Plan (at $59.95), 20 users can use the platform.
How to fax from email with WestFax?
When you need to fax an email with WesFax, you need to access the platform and use it as if it was a fax machine.
- Enter the recipient’s fax number;
- Type your text (if needed)
- Click the Add button.
- Browse through your computer storage or cloud and select the pages, files, or images you want to send, just like they were the attachments to your email.
- Click the Send button.
We provided three different solutions to fax from email for three different kinds of needs.
We tested all of them so that we could assure them they were reliable.
As per our testing, We found iFax & Cocofax better than Westfax based on their pricing, customer service, features, speed & accuracy.
Can I fax from email to another email address?
No. You need to send a fax only if someone explicitly requires it and provides a fax number.
If someone provides an email address, you can simply email them.
In fact, sending a fax to an email address is impossible and makes no sense. Fax can be sent only to fax numbers.
Can I fax from email using Outlook or Gmail?
No, you can’t. The only way of faxing from email is using a specific tool, and we’ve listed the best ones for you.
Can I receive fax on the platforms on this list?
Yes, all the above platforms can both send and receive faxes.
Is it difficult to send fax from email?
Not at all, it is very easy to send fax from email using some apps like ifax, Cocofax, etc.
Do I need internet to send fax?
Yes, you need internet if you are using an app or your computer to send a fax.
Shefali Jain is a Content Editor & Writer at National Planning Cycles.
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes.