In today’s digital age, there are many different ways to communicate with people anywhere on earth almost instantly.
Whether you have MacBook Pro, iMac, MacBook Air, or Mac mini, you can send a fax from any version of OS X without a phone or fax modem. All you need is a stable internet connection and web browser.
In this guide, we’ll be looking at some of the best ways to send and receive faxes from a Mac Of 2023. Let’s get started!
- You cannot fax through an all-in-one printer or a USB modem in Big Sur, Mojave, Monterey, Sierra, or High Sierra.
- There are three ways to send a fax from Mac OS X.
- If your Mac does not have a fax feature, then you can use an online fax service.
- In the latest version of Mac, such as Monetary and Big Sur, fax software is the only way to send a fax.
Ways To Send Fax From Mac
The old version of the MacBook had a built-in fax modem, but Apple has now removed support for modems and faxing from multifunctional printers in macOS Sierra onwards, so it is not possible to fax through an all-in-one printer or a USB modem in Big Sur, Mojave, Monterey, Sierra, or High Sierra.
Also Read: How To Fax From Email?
However, the latest versions of macOS allow you to send and receive faxes using the best Mac-compatible fax services.
Here are three ways to send a fax from Mac OS X:
- Connect a fax machine or printer with a fax.
- Use an online fax service that operates as a virtual fax machine.
- Use Windows or Linux OS as a virtual machine to send a fax.
How To Send A Fax from A-Max book Pro?
There are two ways to send a fax from your MacBook Pro:
- The first way is to use the hardware built-in in the older models of Mac. It allows you to easily send or receive fax over a modem or a phone line.
- The second way is to install software to add the faxing functionality to your computer.
How To Send A Fax from Mac With Built-In Fax Hardware?
If you use an older version of the Mac with a built-in phone line input, you can easily send faxes through any application that lets you print documents without using an external fax machine.
Here is how you do it:
- Start with plugging in the phone line to your computer.
- Open the document you’d like to fax and click on the “File” from the menu.
- Click on “Print” and then the “PDF” button at the bottom.
- Click on the “Fax PDF” from the drop-down menu here.
- Enter the fax number of the recipient in the “To” field.
- If you want to include a cover page, click on “Use Cover Page.”
- Click on “Fax.”
How To Send A Fax From Mac Through Fax Software?
If your Mac doesn’t have a faxing feature, there are plenty of different online fax services available that allow you to send and receive fax through Mac and also offers a variety of useful tool and features.
If you have the latest version of macOS, such as Monetary and Big Sur, fax software is the only way to send a fax.
One of the best fax services for the Mac is Ring Central which comes with a desktop app and lets you send a fax directly from your desktop without opening a browser.
How To Send A Fax From A Mac Via Multifunctional Printer?
If you are using macOS EI Captain or earlier, you can use multi-functional printers to send a fax through a macOS computer using a phone landline. Here is what you need to send a fax:
- A macOS computer
- A multifunctional printer
- An active photo line (land-line)
Most fax machines send fax as a soft copy to your computer instead of a hard copy.
If you are using a desktop, either option is good, but if you have a laptop, change the settings of the fax to hard copy so your fax won’t get lost while your laptop is off. 1
So sending a fax from your mac or from any other device is so simple. In this guide on How To Fax From Mac, we shared five great ways in which you can send fax from your mac. We hope this was useful to you.
How can I send a fax from my mac for free?
If you want to send fax from your mac or any other device then you can check out online fax platforms like MyFax, HelloFax, eFax, etc.
How to send fax using email?
To send a fax using email, follow these steps:
- Open your Gmail account.
- Go to the “compose email option.”
- Now enter the fax number of the recipient.
- Attach the documents and message that you want to send and hit send. 2
Amit Gupta is the founder of National Planning Cycles, a company that helps startups, individuals, and small businesses with their financial planning. He has a vast amount of experience in the finance sector, having managed Google Play accounts for some of the world’s most successful unicorns. Amit is an expert in his field, and he uses his knowledge to help others achieve their individual goals.
The National Planning Cycles is committed to producing high-quality content that follows industry standards. We do this by using primary sources, such as white papers and government data alongside original reporting from reputable publishers that were appropriate for the accuracy of information while still being unbiased. We have an editorial policy that includes verifiable facts with due credit given where applicable.