Wondering how to Fax Over the Internet? Keep reading!
With all the technological advancements lately, you would think that faxing would be a thing of the past. But even Of 2023, many businesses still rely on faxing for day-to-day operations.
If you do not have a fax machine at your office, there is no need to worry. You can quickly receive and send faxes through an online fax service.
Keep reading to learn more about how to fax over the internet.
- Faxes eliminate the risk of data theft.
- An online fax service stores all incoming and outgoing faxes electronically, making it extremely safe to get leaked.
Why Sending Faxes Over the Internet Is A Good Idea?
We live in a world where data breaches and cybercrimes are seemingly always just around the next corner, waiting to strike.
If your business receives or sends faxes regularly, you are probably aware of the inherent security risks.
Fax machines store all incoming and outgoing faxes as physical documents.
If your office were to be burglarized, the thieves could easily get their hands on sensitive information.
Sending faxes over the internet eliminates this risk. An online fax service stores all incoming and outgoing faxes electronically.
This means that even if your office were broken into, the thieves would not be able to access any sensitive information. 1
Also Read: 10 Best Fax Apps For Android
How To Fax Over The Internet?
The underlying technology of faxing has not changed much in recent years. Faxes are still sent over telephone lines.
The only difference is that an online fax service replaces the fax machine with a computer or mobile device.
Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Sign Up For an Online Fax Service
The first step is to sign up for online fax service. You can choose from several online fax services, so be sure to do your research before settling on one.
Note that most online fax services require a paid subscription, so be prepared to budget for this expense.
Step 2: Choose a Fax Number or Email Address
Once you have signed up for online fax service, you will need to choose a fax number or email address.
You will use this number or address to send and receive faxes. Note that some providers allow you to keep your existing fax number when signing up for their service.
Step 3: Send Your Fax
Now that you have everything set up, you are ready to send your first fax.
To do so, simply open the online fax service’s web interface and upload the document you wish to fax. Then, enter the recipient’s fax number or email address and hit send.
And that’s it! You have now successfully sent a fax over the internet. 2
The process for receiving faxes is just as simple. You will be notified via email or text message whenever you receive a new fax.
You can then log in to the online fax service’s web interface to view the fax.
Advantages of Faxing Over the Internet
- Save money & time: By using internet faxing you can send faxes anywhere in the world. All you need is access to your phone or laptop and an internet connection. Also, buying an actual fax machine will cost you $300 at least, not to mention the amount you will spend on paper, ink, storage, etc. With an online fax machine, you can spend as less as $10 and enjoy plenty of features for a month.
- E-sign documents: Many online fax services also allow you to add an electronic signature to your documents. For this, you simply have to open the required document, click on an e-sign feature, and add your signature.
- Environment friendly: Digital faxing does not require you to use papers to send and receive faxes. So you and your office can go paperless, which is not only good for saving storage and time but also for the environment.
- Easy to organize & maintaining records: Online fax services offer online storage, so you do not have to worry about losing important documents. Also, online fax services allow you to sort any sent or received fax using the fax number, recipient name, or even date, so you do not have to rummage through a long pile of faxes. 3
How Much Can You Save By Faxing Over the Internet?
Compared to using a fax machine, online faxing is way cheaper and better for a number of reasons. For example, you only have to pay a flat monthly fee as opposed to spending on paper, ink, storage, etc.
Also, you will need wifi connection, but we are assuming you might already be doing that.
Different fax services have different pricing models and features. Ideally, the price starts at $4.99 for 400-500 pages, and beyond this, each extra page might cost you $0.03-$0.10.
Many services also allow you to send faxes for free but with a limit to certain pages a day and so on.
Sending and receiving faxes online is a great way to improve the security of your business. It is also more convenient than using a traditional fax machine.
So if you are looking for a better way to fax, be sure to give online faxing a try.
Can I send a fax using email?
Yes, you can send a fax through your email service provider. For this, simply open your email, attach the document, type in the fax number in the receiver’s section, and hit send.
Is there a completely free fax service?
Yes, iFax, HelloFax, eFax, etc., are some of the best free fax services that you can use to fax people.
Amit Gupta is the founder of National Planning Cycles, a company that helps startups, individuals, and small businesses with their financial planning. He has a vast amount of experience in the finance sector, having managed Google Play accounts for some of the world’s most successful unicorns. Amit is an expert in his field, and he uses his knowledge to help others achieve their individual goals.
The National Planning Cycles is committed to producing high-quality content that follows industry standards. We do this by using primary sources, such as white papers and government data alongside original reporting from reputable publishers that were appropriate for the accuracy of information while still being unbiased. We have an editorial policy that includes verifiable facts with due credit given where applicable.