Wondering how to make iPhone pictures smaller file size? We got you!
With the continuous evolution of iPhone cameras with high-quality features, temporary storage issues arise.
The size of the image captured in an iPhone can lie anywhere between 2 to 8 MB, determined by the number of pixels in the image.
You can probably have some images you want to add for online documentation or print out.
For uploading images (photos or documents), certain sites have limitations for the size of the images.
These limitations are imposed to handle the database of photos without impacting overall site performance.
For that, you need to make sure your image has the right size. To have the right size, a reduction in the size of the image is an option.
Using these methods stated below, you can learn how to make iPhone pictures smaller file size the way you like them.
Follow along with the steps, and you will get the highest quality best size image, avoiding blurry or pixeled images.
Here are some ways to make iPhone pictures smaller file sizes.
Using Apple’s Shortcut Apps
At the beginning of this process, you need to ensure that your iPhone or iPad is running iOS. First of all, you have to make sure that untrusted Action is allowed in your iPhone.
To check this setting, goes to the settings app on your iPhone.
In settings, lock for the option of shortcut and tap on it. In shortcuts, see if the toggle switch for Allow untrusted Shortcuts is on or not. If it is off, turn it on.
- First of all, download the Apple Shortcuts app from the Apple store. It is available to download for free from Apple Store.
- Launch SHORTCUTS on your iPhone or iPad, click on the SHORTCUT you have allowed. Then you need to access your Photo library and click ALLOW ACCESS.
- After allowing access to your Photo library, you can select the image for a size reduction, then tap on DONE.
- Choose the size according to your convenience and preference, and a share tab will pop up. Click on Save to get the compressed image.
Using Image Size iOS App
To provide the guideline, I will use an app that is image-sized to increase image size, but you can also use any app you want to use.
- In the first step, you have to launch the Image size app on your iPhone.
- In a series of icons on the top left, tap on the image icon and then Allow Access to the library.
- Pick the image you want to resize and click on Choose.
- The app will immediately and automatically increase the size of the image. ( For instance, 1.56MB image size into 356.90 KB).
- Now, click on DOWNLOAD to save the compressed image in your Photo library.
Change Camera Capture Format
One of the reasons why camera pictures grasp so much space can be the simple form of video and picture.
Apple has presented the new High-Efficiency Image Container (HEIC) format as an option over Joint Photographic Experts Group, written as JPEG.
HEIC is the one that provides high-quality images in a smaller size. If you want to change the camera capture format, follow the steps stated below;
- First of all, open the camera app on your iPhone. The in-camera app goes to the camera’s settings by clicking on the gear icon of settings top right bottom of the screen.
- Look for the picture size format and tap on it in the settings.
- In the format, settings look for efficiency and change settings from high efficiency to low efficiency.
And this is how you can easily take small file size pictures and save your iPhone storage too. HEIC saves space and reduces photo file size.
Sending Images To Your Own Self On Telegram or WhatsApp:
Social media file sizes are smaller than typical files you might have noticed.
The image size reduces significantly whenever you try uploading a file on social media and then re-downloading it.
It can be applied to both videos and photos to increase their size.
On WhatsApp, many people create a WhatsApp group in which they just include only one member-self.
- First, you have to open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Make a group and then send photos to yourself or any other person who can trust your photos.
- You also can save them from WhatsApp on your iPhone.
Telegram is a messaging app for both Android and IOS. Follow these steps to reduce pictures file size in iPhone using telegram
- Select the picture or video whose file size you want to reduce.
- Choose the video quality by tapping on the video quality icon at the corner.
- Now, you can choose your desired quality and click Send.
- Telegram AutoSaves the chosen size.
These are the few methods you can try to learn to make the iPhone pictures smaller file size.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Can I Make IPhone Picture Smaller In Size Using Whatsapp?
You can make your iPhone picture smaller in size using Whatsapp by sending it to yourself or someone with whom you can trust with a picture. To reduce picture size by sending to yourself, go to Whatsapp, create a group with yourself, and send the pictures whose size you want to decrease. After sending, it will automatically get saved in your gallery album for Whatsapp photos. To reduce by sending to someone trustworthy, just send a picture to them and ask them to send you back or save it yourself in your gallery.
Can I Make IPhone Pictures Smaller Sizes Easily?
Yes, you can easily make your iPhone picture smaller by using any dedicated app from the app store. Just upload a picture to the app and download a compressed version of the picture.
How Can I Make IPhone Pictures Smaller Using The Image Size IOS App?
First, you have to launch the Image size app on your iPhone. In a series of icons on the top left, tap on the image icon and allow access to the library. Pick the image you want to resize and click on Choose. The app will immediately and automatically increase the size of the image. Now, click on DOWNLOAD to save the compressed image in your Photo library.