More than a trillion people in the United States are in debt, and this rate is increasing at an alarming speed.
We understand how hard it is to enjoy your life with the heavy burden of debt on your head. But you can choose a debt relief program to make your lives a little easier.
And in this article, we will see in-depth InCharge Debt Solutions reviews so that you can understand what this debt relief company does and what you can expect from it.
|Minimum Debt Settlement Requirement||Not required|
|Fees||Monthly fee of $33 & set up fee of $55-$75|
|Features||Housing counseling, Pre-file credit counseling, etc.|
|Community Rating||Very strong|
- Incharge Debt Solutions charges a monthly fee of $33 & set up fee of $55-$75.
- This company is accredited by ICEF, COA, and NFCC.
- Incharge Debt Solutions offers services like Non-Profit Credit Counseling, DMP, Pre-File Credit Counseling, and Housing Counseling.
What Is InCharge Debt Solutions?
InCharge Debt Solutions is a non-profit company that provides debt relief solutions, including debt consolidation, debt management plans, credit card debt relief, debt settlement, etc., to its clients.
The company was founded in 1997, and since then, it has helped more than three million people to come out of debt.
InCharge Debt Solutions is accredited by InCharge Education Foundation, Inc. (ICEF), Council on Accreditation (COA), and is also a member of (the National Foundation for Credit Counseling) NFCC.
The company also offers free educational resources along with a free counseling session.
You can get in touch with them if you have an ongoing unsecured loan that you are unable to pay off.
Their certified counselors will review all the possible options using which you can pay off the debt.
Read: Difference Between Debt Settlement And Debt Consolidation
Also Read: What Is Debt Management?
Services And Features
Let’s have a look at the various services and features of InCharge Debt Solutions:
- Non-Profit Credit Counseling – InCharge Debt Solutions provide credit counseling by offering financial advice on managing money and using credit wisely. The best part is that the company has certified counselors, so you can rely on the advice you receive from them.
- Housing Counseling – If you are planning to buy a house, then you can enroll yourself in InCharge Debt Solutions’ housing counseling because, in most cases, a house loan often leads to poor financial conditions. Because the company is approved by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), you can rely on their advice.
- Debt Management Plans (DMP) – InCharge offers Debt Management Plans, which consolidate all your monthly payments into one because your agent will work with your creditor on your behalf and persuade them to lower the interest rate and also any late fees.
- Pre-File Credit Counseling – If you are considering filing for bankruptcy, you must get a certificate of counseling from an approved authority. InCharge is approved by Executive Office for the United States, which means that you can get a certificate from them by getting a credit counseling done them.
Pros And Cons
- High customer satisfaction rate.
- Offers a range of resources.
- Does not require a minimum credit score.
- Offers free counseling by certified counselors.
- Track progress on the client portal.
- Charges monthly fee and set up charge.
InCharge Debt Solutions offers counseling for free, but if you decide to join their program, they will charge you a monthly set-up fee that can range from $55-$75. Additionally, they also charge a monthly fee of $33.
Debt Relief Time
The debt relief time varies from person to person, but on average, you can expect to pay off your loan within two-five years with InCharge Debt Solutions.
You can expect to save up to 35%, including fees if you enroll in InCharge Debt Solutions program.
Minimum Debt Requirement
Unlike many other debt relief companies, InCharge Debt Solutions does not ask for any minimum debt requirement that you should have.
You simply need to get in touch with them and discuss the solutions that might be available for you.
Types Of Debt Addressed
These are the following kinds of debt addressed by InCharge Debt Solutions:
- Credit Card Debt
- Medical Debt
- Student Loans
- Unsecured Personal Loans
- Lines of Credit
How To Get Started?
To get started with InCharge Debt Solutions, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Go to their website and click on “Explore your options.”
2. Now fill in your name, address, phone number, and zip code and click on “Get started.”
3. Their team will get in touch with you shortly.
You can call InCharge Debt Solutions at 1-866-721-3925 this number. They are available Monday to Friday from 9 am to 10 pm ET and on Saturdays from 9 am – 6 pm ET.
If you want to talk to a housing counselor, then you can call at 1-877-712-6040 from Monday-Friday between 9 am- 5 pm ET.
And if you want to talk to their Bankruptcy Counselor, then call them on 1-866-729-0049 from Monday-Friday between 8 am-5 pm ET.
NPC InCharge Debt Solutions Ratings
|Debt Relief help||4.8/5|
|Ease of use||4.8/5|
Customer Ratings And Reviews
Out of 1,975 customer reviews on Trustpilot, InCharge Debt Solutions has a rating of 4.7 stars which is really good. 88% of people gave it a five-star rating, whereas only 1% of people gave it a one-star rating.
What Differentiates It?
InCharge Debt Solutions offers a wide range of debt relief options, from debt consolidation to debt management plans to housing counseling and whatnot, which differentiates it from others.
Also, the customer reviews of InCharge Debt Solutions are excellent, and they have proven to deliver results to their clients no matter what their situation was.
Also Read: How Does Debt Relief Work, What They Do?
We talked to InCharge Debt Solutions’ certified counselors regarding a home loan that we were planning to get for a new house.
We know that buying a house is a very big decision, and if we plan it wrong, we can get into a serious debt trap.
So to minimize the risk, we enrolled for a counseling session, and their agent helped us in accessing our financial goals, current income, and expenditure, along with a few other essential things.
This session helped us immensely to understand that we should probably wait a few years before getting a home loan. Otherwise, we may end up in a debt trap, which we did not want.
|Company||InCharge Debt Solutions||Credit Associates|
|Minimum Debt Settlement Requirement||Not needed||Not revealed|
|Features||Housing Counseling, DMP, etc.||Free debt health check, Money-back guarantee, etc|
|Fees||Monthly fee of $33 & set up fee of $55-$75.||Not revealed|
|Savings||up to 35% (including fees)||40-50% excluding fees|
|Relief Time||3-5 years||12-48 months|
Also Read Credit Associates Reviews
How We Review Debt Settlement Companies?
We review debt settlement companies based on the following points:
- Fees charged by them
- Customer reviews
- Types of debt addressed
- Time is taken to settle the debt
- Online reputation
- The minimum debt settlement amount
- Features and services
Also Read our Debt Relief Review Methodology
In this InCharge Debt review, we saw that InCharge offers some great features like Housing counseling, Pre-File Credit Counseling, etc., and helps to save upto 50% of debt in 24-48 months.
However, many customers shy away from this company because of its high monthly fees of $33 and set up fees of $55-$75.
And if you are too not in the position to afford such hefty fees, then you can have a look at National Debt Relief which is one of our top-rated companies.
National Debt Relief only charges 15-25% of your enrolled debt and helps you get rid of debt in 24-48 months.
Is InCharge Debt Solutions legit?
Yes, InCharge Debt Solutions has helped more than three million people to get rid of debt since 1997, and it is hundred percent legit.
Will I have to pay tax on settled debt amount?
Yes, you are required to pay tax on forgiven debt of more than $600.
Does InCharge Debt Solutions Guarantee Results?
No, InCharge Debt Solutions, just like any other debt relief company, does not guarantee results as they can only get your debt reduced if your creditors agree to accept a lesser amount.
What BBB rating does InCharge Debt Solutions has?
It has A+ BBB rating.
What If I miss out on making a monthly payment during my program?
You won’t be able to avail reduced interest rates if you miss making your monthly payments. So make sure to make your payments on time.
Shefali Jain is a Content Editor & Writer at National Planning Cycles.
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes.