We all are aware of a contact number. Contact number is a telephone number of a person.
It is used to communicate with people, that is the reason it is called a contact number.
No doubt there are a lot of other means of communication in this modern age. Still, the common means of communication is over the telephone by telephone number.
Mostly we can see that if two people are in a hurry and they want to communicate over the mobile phone they will share their contact numbers. So, this is a more common and easiest way to access each other.
Sometimes losing a contact number is not affordable due to its importance but the mobile phone is a device and you can lose your contact numbers even on an iPhone too.
In this modern age, we are dependent on our smartphones. On this earth, there is not a single piece of land where the smartphone device is still unknown and people don’t rely on it.
In this situation, the iPhone contacts missing problem is terrible. But every problem comes with a solution.
Don’t worry, there are multiple ways to secure and recover your contacts on your iPhone.
Reasons Due to Which You Can Miss iPhone Contacts
- You might lose your contacts after a system or software update.
- iPhone jailbreak can be the reason to miss your iPhone contact that allows your iPhone to make changes according to the iOS system.
- There can be any other unknown reason
Restart your iPhone
If you want to resolve the iPhone missing contacts problem you can simply restart your iPhone. Sometimes there is an iOS system involved behind any problem in the iPhone.
By restarting your iPhone, the iOS system will be fixed if there is any problem with your iPhone’s iOS system.
To restart your iPhone simply press and hold on the power button and home button of your iPhone.
Power on again your iPhone with the Apple logo on your screen after 1-minute of power off.
Log in iCloud Contact and toggle off
If your iPhone is missing contact numbers then this is the first option that you must try to your iPhone:
- Go to settings in your iPhone
- Then click on your name ID.
- Here you can see the iCloud option choose this option.
- Now you have to click on the Contacts option first you have to see that if the contact option is on.
- If the contacts option is off in your iPhone you have to slide it right to on and choose to replace your contacts.
- On the other hand, if your contacts option is already on and still you are in trouble then turn it off for a few seconds and click on delete from my iPhone.
- Now enable contacts again.
- These steps will resolve your problem of missing contacts on your iPhone.
Restore Contacts from iTunes backup in your iPhone
Restoring Contacts from iTunes backup in your iPhone is also an effective way to avoid and recover your missing contacts from your iPhone.
But you can use this option only if you have a backup of your data on iTunes on your iPhone.
Using iTunes to restore your contacts in your iPhone might seem tricky but it’s quite simple.
- You just need a computer to connect your iPhone.
- You have to install iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone with your computer.
- Wait for the computer to recognize your iPhone device.
- Now you have to run iTunes software on your computer.
- Under the iTunes software, your computer will show a list of devices connected to your computer.
- When you will select your iPhone from the list.
- Right, click on your iPhone and it will ask you to restore the backup.
- Here you have to pick up the right backup carefully so that you can recover your missing contact.
- A popup window will appear on your computer screen with the restore and cancel option.
- Here you have to choose the restore option and let the computer process your restore data.
- The data will be successfully restored after the complete process.
Here you will lose the data in your iPhone except for the data which is just restored.
Recover Your Missing iPhone Contact from Contact Group Setting
If your contact is missing from your iPhone the reason might be the contact groups.
The group setting might be hidden or appears in iCloud. In this you can easily get back your contact:
- You just have to go to the contact app
- Here you will see groups on the topmost border of the page
- Click on that group’s option
- Here you have to choose the option “All on My iPhone” instead of “All iCloud”
- Now check your contact list and search for your missing contact.
If you can’t find the contact you can try any other method to recover.
Reset The Network Connections to Recover Your Missing iPhone Contact
Sometimes you can lose your iPhone contacts due to an unstable network connection.
You can resolve this problem by resetting the network settings to get your missing iPhone contacts back.
- You have to go to the settings
- Then choose general
- Click on reset and select the Network settings
- It might ask you to enter a passcode
- Enter the passcode and proceed to the next step
- Here you will also receive a warning notification that you will lose your networks.
- Click on Reset Network settings
Now see if the contact that you missed are back or not
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Recover Your Missing IPhone Contacts?
Yes, there are many ways to recover your missing iPhone contacts. Like:
- Log in iCloud Contact option
- Reset The Network Connections option
- Contact Group Setting option
- Restart your iPhone option
What Is The Reason For The Missing IPhone Contact?
There can be several reasons behind missing the iPhone contact. Reasons may be known or unknown. Like:
- software update
- iPhone jailbreak
- unknown reason
Recovery Of Missing IPhone Contacts From ITunes Back Is Easy Or Not?
People think that recovery of missing iPhone contacts from iTunes is tricky or difficult. It is not true. It’s quite simple to recover data from iTunes backup.