Fax is not only fast and reliable, but it is also an extremely safe way to communicate with anyone in the world.
Today, varied options of faxing are available, be it in the form of apps or websites.
MetroFax is one such fax service, and in this MetroFax review, we have pinned down all the things that you should know before choosing the best fax service for yourself.
Make sure to read till the end so that you do not miss out on anything.
|Features||Supports multiple formats, add multiple recipients|
|Price||$9.96/mo – $37.95/mo|
|Mobile Version||Android & iOS|
- MetroFax is affordable and convenient and also has a high number of positive customer ratings.
- MetroFax lets you add upto five email addresses and also offers you one fax number.
- It supports both multiple recipients and multiple formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, documents, PDFs, spreadsheets, etc.
- MetroFax plans start at $9.96/mo, which gives you the limit to send and receive 550 fax pages. For more pages, you can choose a different plan.
What Is MetroFax?
MetroFax is not only affordable and convenient but also has a massive amount of positive response from its customers.
Another great thing is that MetroFax is a hosted service that allows you to fax without investing in expensive modems or fax servers.
MetroFax only requires you to have an email account and internet connection to get started.
And the best part is that it does not require you to sign a contract or anything; you have the authority to cancel the service anytime online without a cancelation fee.
Now that you know what MetroFax is, let’s look at its features and service.
Read: Our recommended 10 Best Fax App For IPhone And IPad
Features & Service
- Use the Pages Your Way – MetroFax allows you to choose the combination of inbound and outbound pages, and it does not charge extra for the time it takes to send the fax.
- Send to Multiple Recipients – You can send a fax to multiple people simultaneously using your MetroFax Myaccount or even your email account (subjected to the limitations of your email service provider.)
- Supports Multiple Formats – MetroFax lets you send attachments based on nearly all windows-based software like JPEG TIFF, PNG, documents, PDFs, spreadsheets, etc.
- Mobile Version – You can access your account and files anywhere on your phone.
- Port Your Number – If you already have a fax number, then you can port your number easily using MetroFax.
- Get up to 5 Email Addresses, and 1 Fax Number – You can get your co-workers or your team up to five email addresses on MetroFax without any additional cost.
- Upload Contact List – If you want to fax to your existing contact list, then you can upload your CSV-format contact list to MetroFax very easily.
- No Contracts – MetroFax requires you to pay only a low-cost monthly fee and charges no cancelation fees or activation fees.
- Zero Long-Distance Charges – If you send a fax within U.S. and Canada, then you do not have to pay any extra charges. But you will have to pay if you choose to fax outside of U.S. or Canada.
- Reliable Customer Support – MetroFax does not believe in outsourcing and has a support team based in North America to offer you the best assistance.
- Automatic Retries – MetroFax tries up to five times in case your fax isn’t going through. And you always get a notification once your fax is sent.
MetroFax offers three plans to choose from, and all three plans come with all the above-mentioned services and features. Let’s have a look at these:
- Essential Plan – Costs $9.96/mo for sending and receiving 550 fax pages.
- Best Value – $12.46/mo for sending and receiving 1050 fax pages.
- Professional – $31.63/mo for sending and receiving 3000 fax pages.
Annual Monthly Plans
- Essential Plan – Costs $11.95/mo for sending and receiving 550 fax pages.
- Best Value – $14.95/mo for sending and receiving 1050 fax pages.
- Professional – $37.95/mo for sending and receiving 3000 fax pages.
Note: All these plans come with zero activation fees, and if you exceed your plan’s page limit, then you will have to pay three cents for each new page.
Pros And Cons
- Offers toll-free number
- 14-day free trial
- Value for money
- Unlimited online fax storage
- Preview fax before sending
- Available for both Android and iOs devices
- Outdated web-interface
- It does not offer a digital signature tool
- Lacks two-factor authentication
- Poor customer support
MetroFax Web Interface
MetroFax could really use an upgrade because its redundant web interface is, although functional but is far from pleasant.
So when you use the web interface to send the fax, you will be able to see your fax number right on top. If you have multiple numbers, you can even switch between them.
You can access four buttons on the portal, using which you can search for help, view or send faxes, update your account, and more.
You can also use tags on your faxes, making it easy to search the fax later. Overall, an upgrade would be good, but it isn’t the biggest issue.
MetroFax Mobile App and Email
You can use MetroFax with your existing email. For this, you simply need to type in the recipient’s fax number, and at the end of each number, append with @MetroFax.com.
The email feature is great, but note that it only works with the email account you used to sign up for your MetroFax account.
MetroFax app is available for both Android and iOs devices. We like the sleek design and easy-to-use interface.
You can access all your contacts, inbox folders, and app settings in the app.
How To Fax Using MetroFax?
There are three ways in which you can send and receive fax on MetroFax; let’s have a look at them one by one:
How to Fax Online With a MetroFax Account?
- Login to your MetroFax Account on your computer.
- In the top menu, click on the “Send Faxes” button.
- Now enter the recipient’s number or choose to import the number from your contact list by clicking on the “Choose from contacts” button.
- Now click on the “Add” button to add the recipient to the list (you can choose up to 50 recipients at a time.)
- Now add a cover if you want to and attach documents or files.
- Enter the tracking number, select the email address on which you would like to receive the confirmation, and hit “Send fax.”
How to Fax Online via Email?
- To send a fax via email, log in to your email and click on “compose an email.”
- Now enter the recipient’s fax number followed by @metrofax.com.
- Attach files (up to 10).
- Attach a cover letter if you want to and hit on “send.”
How to Fax Online via App?
- Open the MetroFax app on your iOs or Android phone.
- Now enter the fax number of the recipient, their company’s information, and number in the consecutive sections to compose the fax.
- Now enter the subject line and body of the cover letter.
- Now attach files using your phone, and add more recipients if you want.
- Click on send.
How To Get Started?
1. To get started with MetroFax, just go to their website and click on the “Get started” option appearing in the top right corner.
2. Now, choose your country among U.S. or Canada, and add the area code.
3. Now, set up your account by filling in your name and email address.
4. Select a plan and enter the billing information.
5. Your account will be created once you do this.
MetroFax does not have very good customer support, and during our research, we found many customer complaints regarding how they found it difficult to get in touch with their team.
To contact them, you can either opt for the live chat option on their website or send them an email at [email protected]
Customer Ratings And Reviews
MetroFax has an average rating of 4.8/5 stars based on 360 customer reviews on Trustpilot.
Out of the 360 people, 89% of people gave it a five-star rating, and 5% gave it a one-star rating.
NPC MetroFax Ratings
|Ease of use||4.5/5|
What Differentiates MetroFax?
MetroFax offers really affordable plans based on different needs. We love that it does not charge any origination fees or cancelation fees.
Even when it comes to the features, there is quite a variety available for a very low price.
Not to mention, both the app and web version is quite easy-to-use, and one can send and receive fax using MetroFax very swiftly. All these factors differentiate it from others.
MetroFax Reviews: Our Experience
I used the MetroFax app to send a fax. First things first, the interface was quite intuitive and very easy to understand.
I was able to choose the recipient’s fax number right from my contact list. I had the option to attach up to ten files which I think was quite decent.
However, the quality of the document looked a bit faded and compressed. Thankfully it wasn’t very prominent. After I sent the fax, I received a confirmation email, which was a relief.
Overall, the experience was good, but yes, the quality of the document gets a little compromised, and that definitely needs to be taken care of.
|Features||It supports multiple formats, adds multiple recipients, etc.||Fax scheduling, add multiple recipients, etc.|
|Fees||$9.96/mo – $37.95/mo||$19.15/user/mo – $28.49/user/mo|
|Mobile Version||Android & iOS||Android & iOS|
|Free Trial||14-day trial||14-day trial|
|Cancelation charges||No charge||No charge|
|Recipients||Add up to 50 people||Add up to 50 people|
How We Review Fax Services?
Based on the following factors, we review fax services:
- User interface
- Features and services offer
- Ease of sending and receiving fax
- Format support
- Customer reviews
- Accessibility of contact list
- Availability of cover letters
MetroFax Reviews: Final Verdict
MetroFax is a great fax service that is affordable and also efficient. The user interface and quality can be worked upon. But overall, we love the features we are getting for the price.
We hope you found these MetroFax reviews helpful.
Does MetroFax offers a free trial?
Yes, MetroFax offers a free 14-day trial which will get access to all the features to send and receive faxes.
And if you are running the 14-day trial, then make sure to cancel it before the period ends to avoid getting charged.
Does MetroFax charge any cancelation fees?
No, if you do not like MetroFax, you can cancel it anytime, and you will not get charged.
Does MetroFax offer a toll-free fax number?
Yes, you can have a toll-free number and local number with MetroFax.
Can I port my existing number to my MetroFax account?
If you wish to continue using your old fax number, then contact MetroFax’s sales team and get your number ported.
How many fax numbers can I add to my account?
You can add up to ten numbers to your MetroFax account.
Shefali Jain is a Content Editor & Writer at National Planning Cycles.
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes.