Optima Tax Relief was founded in 2011. Despite being active for about 10 years (against the 30 years of experience of other firms like Anthem Tax Services), the firm has grown very fast, so much that it was listed in the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing companies in America for several years.
Optima Tax Relief offers a wide range of services, all related to tax problems. Their service always starts with an evaluation of your problem and needs.
Then, they’ll provide the possible solutions: there can be more than one option, and they’ll guide you through your choice.
The peculiarity of Optima Tax Relief, when compared to the competition, is that they are more ready than others to provide online services.
In particular, they can provide a platform that you can access with your credential, that you can use to upload your documents or download them and follow the course of all your processes.
|Guide||Optima Tax Relief Review|
|Fees||$900 to $5,000|
|Features||Dedicate case manager, Online Portal, etc.|
- Optima Tax Relief Cost charges fees ranging from $900 to $5,000, along with investigation stage fees of $295.
- It offers services, and features like Online Portal, Tax Relief Services, 15-Day Money-Back Guarantee and more.
- However, it has a low rating of 2.3/5 stars in Trustpilot. If this troubles you, then you can check out Precision tax relief or Community Tax relief.
How Much Does Optima Tax Relief Cost?
Like many other firms, Optima Tax Relief doesn’t provide a list of services with specific prices. This is because they customize both services and prices according to your needs. Fixed and flat fees wouldn’t help identify your needs and – above all – provide the most suitable quote according to your needs and your budget.
Optima Tax Relief offers a free consultation. It means that you can contact them, explain your problems, hear what they can do for you, and decide whether or not to hire them.
If you hire Optima Tax Relief, their work – and therefore your fees – will comprise two phases:
- An investigation stage requires a $295 fee.
- A resolution stage. The resolution fee can be between $900 to $5,000.
Optima Tax Relief Features & Services
The Optima Tax Relief service is structured in the following way:
You can contact Optima Tax Relief via email or phone. However, when you hire them, they will also provide an online portal through which you can follow your processes and contact the team as well.
This is the best solution for you if you don’t want to spend hours on the phone or answering emails.
Tax Relief Services
Optima Tax Relief focuses on helping people with their tax resolution: if you have a particularly big debt with the IRS, they can help you find a solution.
The most common solutions are:
- Finding an agreement with the IRS and planning your payments in a convenient way for you;
- Offer in Compromise: finding a compromise with the IRS that usually allows you to lower your debt.
- Not Collectible Status: If you can’t pay your debt, Optima’s team can make you obtain the Not Collectible Status (they’ll let you know if you are eligible). With this status, your dues to the IRS are suspended.
Dedicate Case Manager
Optima Tax Relief provides a dedicated case manager for each of their clients: you’ll be able to interact with a team member that will become your point of reference.
This way, you don’t have to explain your situation to a new person every time.
15-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Optima Tax Relief provides a 15-day money-back guarantee. If, within 15 days, you want your money back for any reason, you have the full right to receive a full refund, no question asked.
Refunds after 15 days are also possible, but they follow another path and are no longer automatic.
How Much Can Optima Tax Relief Save Me?
Tax resolution agreements can make you save a lot of money. They are not easy to obtain if you are not a professional, but once you’ve hired the right firm, you can save something like thousands of dollars. Of course, you need to take Optima Tax Relief’s fees into account.
However, if your debt is more than 10,000 dollars, you’ll end up saving money, even after you’ve paid Optima’s fee.
Pros and Cons
- For many users, the main pro is the online portal that makes everything more immediate.
- Personal case manager: you can stay in touch with the same person for the whole process
- Free Consultation
- The investigation fee is separated from the resolution fee: you can have better control over your expenses.
- You can’t figure out well what they can do for you until you contact them. This isn’t, however, such a big disadvantage since the consultation stage is completely free.
How Optima Tax Relief Services Work?
The Optima Tax Relief service is arranged in three phases:
- Phase 1: it’s the consultation phase. At this stage, you can contact the team, explain your problem, and hear the solutions that they can provide or come up with. Only after this stage do you decide if you want to hire or not.
- Phase 2: it’s the investigation phase. At this stage, the team will start to investigate your documents and status to set things up for resolutions.
- Phase 3: it’s the resolution phase. At this point, your problems are clear, and they have also found the most suitable option for you. They’ll take care of any contact with the IRs or other authorities to let you obtain a resolution, and they’ll let you know when it’s done.
How To Get Started?
To get started with Optima tax relief follow these steps:
1. Go to Optima tax relief’s website and click on “How much tax debt do you have” and select your debt amount.
2. Now fill in your information and click on “Get your free consultation.”
Reputation And Accreditations
Optima tax relief counts tons of excellent reviews online. Even more importantly, they are accredited by the BBB with an A+ score. This is an assurance of their professionalism and reliability. 2
NPC Optima Tax Relief Ratings
|Tax Relief help||3.8/5|
|Ease of use||4/5|
Customer Ratings And Reviews
Optima Tax Relief has a very mixed rating generally and on Google Reviews we found that 1,756 customers gave it an average rating of 3.9/5. Even on Trustpilot it has an average rating 2.3/5 stars.
What Makes Optima Tax Relief Better Than Others?
The main difference between Optima Tax Relief and the competitors is the availability of the online portal.
To many users, especially the youngest, the possibility of managing their documents and tax resolution processes entirely online is a great advantage.
Especially after the pandemic, they are no more used to going physically to meetings or appointments with professionals.
Furthermore, people with a thick schedule during the week can find this solution ideal to save time dealing with their tax resolution.
Our experience with Optima Tax Relief
We have had direct experience with Optima Tax Relief since one of our team members is their client. This is his experience:
“I picked Optima Tax Relief among the firms available because they were able to manage the entire process online.
I didn’t have to meet anyone or make any phone calls. They provided a case study for my situation during the investigation stage that I approved, and they moved forward with the resolution.
I still have access to my portal so I can check what I have paid and what I still need to pay to the IRS.”
|Company||Optima Tax Relief||Larson Tax Relief|
|Features||Dedicate case manager, Online Portal, etc.||Business tax relief, IRS tax relief, etc.|
|Fees||$900 to $5,000||Not revealed|
Fortress Tax Relief
Fortress Tax Relief is specialized in tax resolution. If your case is particularly complicated, you may want to ask for their help.
Anthem Tax Relief
If you want a more experienced firm, Anthem Tax Relief is the one with the longest history. It was founded more than 30 years ago.
They provide tons of services from tax resolution to tax prep, and they are also accredited with an A+ from BBB.
Read: Anthem Tax Relief Review
Community Tax is the best indicated for people who need accounting or bookkeeping services. Optima Tax Relief doesn’t provide this service, so Community Tax is a valid alternative.
Read: Community Tax Review
Optima Tax Relief Review: Final Verdict
So Optima Tax Relief offers limited service, but we love that they offer an online portal which makes it easy for you to track your progress.
However, Optima is not the best tax relief service, we would personally recommend you to go with Fortress Tax Relief, and you can go through our full-length review on it for more information.
Is hiring a professional firm for tax resolution mandatory?
No, you don’t need any professional to take care of your taxes. You are only asked to pay them; if you want to hire someone or not, it’s up to you.
However, professional help allows you to be punctual with your payments, avoid mistakes and avoid paying more than expected.
Keep in mind that if you miss your payments, you incur penalties that make your debts grow a lot.
Professional help is often recommended so that you keep your taxes payments in order.
Are the Optima Tax Relief services provided exclusively online?
Optima Tax Relief puts an online portal at your disposal, but it doesn’t mean that that’s the only way of staying in touch with them.
You can contact them via email or phone, and you can also meet the attorneys at one of their offices in the country.
Can Optima Tax Relief take care of my business bookkeeping?
Optima Tax Relief provides ax resolution and doesn’t provide bookkeeping or accounting services.
What kind of accreditation does Optima Tax Relief have?
Other than the A+ from BBB, Optima Tax Relief also has an A rating with Business Consumer Alliance, and it’s a member of the National Association of Tax Professionals.
Is Optima Tax Relief legit?
Yes, It is hundred percent legit.
Shefali Jain is a Content Editor & Writer at National Planning Cycles.
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes.
The National Planning Cycles is committed to producing high-quality content that follows industry standards. We do this by using primary sources, such as white papers and government data alongside original reporting from reputable publishers that were appropriate for the accuracy of information while still being unbiased. We have an editorial policy that includes verifiable facts with due credit given where applicable.