Twitter is one of the biggest social media platforms that billions of people use in total, and there are hundreds of millions of new posts coming into the platform every single day.
Social media platforms like Twitter, since there is this much content coming in every hour, day, and month, have to be careful who can post what on their platform.
Even though they have their or security regarding tweets that concern other people, they still keep some tweets that are known as sensitive content.
Every account automatically has the option “not see sensitive content” ticked, and you have to remove this in order to see everything.
This article will talk about how to see sensitive content on Twitter in 2022 on Android, iOS, and the web.
The process of changing the settings to see sensitive content on Android is rather easy and doesn’t take much time.
To do this, you have to have the app installed on your Android device, whether a mobile phone or a tablet.
- Once you have the app on your Android device, you can navigate to the app and log in to your account.
- After logging into your account, you have to click on your picture on the left top of the screen. You will see a menu popping up.
- At the bottom, there is a “settings and privacy” section on that menu. After clicking on this, you will see many different settings to choose from.
- You have to find the “privacy and safety” section, and within that section, there is the “content you see” button. This is the place where you control what you see and how you see them.
- At the top of this page of “content you see”, there is “display media that contain sensitive content.” You have to remove the click if it is clicked. Save and go back to your surfing on Twitter.
- Now, you will be able to see everything, whether sensitive or not.
Changing the settings to see sensitive content on iOS might be a little bit different but also similar depending on your mobile app.
Some Twitter applications on iOS, depending on the version of your iOS and Twitter, might not have the settings to do it on the mobile application.
For that, you need to do it through Safari or another web browser. For this, you can refer to the section on how to do it on the web.
If you have the menu on your Twitter app on iOS, you can continue here.
- Just like with Android, after logging into your account on the Twitter app, you have to click on your profile picture on the top left of the page, and there you will find “settings and privacy.”
- After clicking on this section, you will see the button “privacy and safety.” This is where you handle everything regarding your account, including the content you see. Within this section, there is “content you see.”
- The button on the top that says “display media that may contain sensitive content” has to be unchecked within this section. If the box has a check on it, remove that check.
- After that, go to “search settings” at the bottom of the page. There will be an option “hide sensitive content.” If it is checked, you also need to uncheck that box, different from Android.
- Then save these changes, and you will start seeing sensitive content on Twitter on your iOS.
Changing the sensitivity settings on the web is similar to Android and iOS. Go to the browser you are using and go to twitter.com to log in to your account.
- After logging in, you will have the whole menu on the left side. You don’t have to click on your picture like on Android or iOS.
- On the menu on the left, click on more with three dots on it, and another menu will pop up. In that menu, find “settings and privacy.”
- There, you will have another menu to choose from on the screen, and you have to find “privacy and safety” there and click on it.
- In this menu, find “content you see,” which is on the third row, and click on it. This is the section where you change what you see and what you don’t.
- There, uncheck the box “display media that may contain sensitive content.”
- As a next step, you should also go to “search settings” and uncheck “hide sensitive content” so that you can also see sensitive things in your search box.
- After that, you can go back to the Twitter experience.
As you can see, changing the settings of your account to see sensitive content on Twitter is actually not that hard whether you are using Android, iOS, or Web.
It is a bit buried deep in the apps or on the browser, you have to know where to look, and we provided you with the information you need on three of these platforms to make your Twitter experience easier.
There are no other settings you have to do to see sensitive content on Twitter in 2022.
However, if you have muted words or blocked accounts, they will not be shown in your feed apart from sensitive content.
Why does Twitter block me from Seeing Sensitive Content on Twitter?
Because there might be things that some people might not want to see or might hurt some people, so Twitter automatically puts a censor on these tweets. Even though you can choose to see them individually, if you think you don’t mind seeing hateful stuff, you can remove it easily.
Is it hard to see sensitive content on Twitter in 2022?
Not at all since the setting to see sensitive content on Twitter is right there, and you can switch it off anytime you want.
How to see sensitive content on Twitter in 2022 if I am using a browser on an Android?
There are no special procedures to change the settings if you are using a browser on an Android. All you have to do is to follow the procedure we talked about in the “web” heading of this article.