While so many kinds of communication platforms have taken over the world, faxing is still used by a lot of people, and to cope with the ever-changing technology faxing has been revamped too.
So if you are looking for fax service, then make sure to read this Smart Fax review till the end as we have discussed everything about its services, features, price, etc., here. So let’s begin!
|Guide||Smart Fax Review|
|Features||International faxing, Online storage, etc.|
- Smart Fax charges $8.99 per month and offers great features.
- It also offers a 30-day free trial.
- You can add two of your email ID’s to your Smart fax account and can send files including JPEG files, GIFs, word files, excel files, etc.
What Is Smart Fax?
Smart Fax is an online fax service that lets you send and receive faxes by charging you an affordable monthly fee of $8.99.
You can add multiple file formats, including JPEG files, GIFs, word files, excel files, etc., and send them to the recipients just like you would send an email.
Smart Fax lets you add upto two email IDs, and to access and view your faxes, you can simply open your email inbox and view and download the files.
Getting started with Smart Fax is super easy, and you also get a thirty-day free trial to test their service.
Let us dig deeper and discuss the pros and cons, pricing structure, features offered, etc.
Features and Services
- Local and Toll-free Fax Numbers: Smart Fax offers you the option to have local or toll-free fax numbers, which can help your business create a local or national presence, depending on what you choose.
- International Faxing: You can use Smart Fax to send international faxes to over 200 locations for an additional price. They have not revealed their international charges; you will have to get in touch with them to get a quote.
- Online Storage: Smart Fax also allows you to access all your faxes, which automatically saves for you online. However, they charge $0.05 per fax per month for those faxes which are left in online storage for more than thirty days.
- Email Integration: You can link your email with your Smart Fax account, and then you will be able to send and receive faxes right from your email inbox.
Pros And Cons
- 30-day free trial
- Easy cancelation
- Affordable price
- Supports multiple file formats
- Can link with only two email id’s
Smart Fax charges $8.99 per month, which is affordable and yet a competitive price. Its services include a local fax number, 30-day free online storage, and 250 outbound and inbound pages.
For the additional page, you will have to pay $0.08 per page. And it also offers a 30-day free trial, and even they let you cancel your subscription anytime.
Smart Fax has a very straightforward interface. You will be able to see the “to” section where you just need to enter the recipient’s number followed by @smartfax.com, and in the “from” section, you have to type in your number.
Below that, you will see the option to attach files and type in any message, and finally, you will see the option to send the Fax.
How To Get Started?
1. To get started with Smart Fax, simply go to their website and click on sign-up option on the top right corner of the screen.
2. You will be redirected to the payment page; simply fill in all your details and payment info and click on start faxing now to get started.
Read: How To Fax From Printer?
For any queries, you can simply send an email at [email protected], and their support team will get in touch with you in 24-48 hours.
You can also visit their website and submit a request form in order to get in touch with them.
NPC Smart Fax Ratings
|Ease of use||4.7/5|
What Differentiates It?
Smart Fax offers a decent amount of services for an affordable price. Also, it offers exceptional security, and this can be confirmed by the fact that it only allows SPF-enabled email service providers to integrate with it.
If you want to be able to send and receive faxes without linking more than two email accounts, then this fax service could be a good choice for you.
In order to test Smart Fax, I signed up for the service for a first-hand experience. So the interface was pretty self-explanatory, and I didn’t face any obstacles while composing the fax.
I sent the fax to my sister, and she confirmed that she received the fax within two minutes.
I attached a JPEG image to the fax, and we saw that the quality of the image was a bit compromised, but it wasn’t too noticeable. Overall, I recommend using Smart Fax.
|Features||International faxing, Online storage, etc.||It supports multiple formats, add multiple recipients, etc.|
|Fees||$8.99/mo||$9.96/mo – $37.95/mo|
|Free Trial||30-day trial||14-day trial|
Also Read: MetroFax Reviews
How We Review Fax Services?
While reviewing fax services we keep in mind the following points:
- Features and services offered, etc
- Format support
- Fax quality
- e-sign feature
- Ease of sending and receiving fax
- User interface
In this Smart Fax review, we gave you a detailed account of SmartFax, and if you are someone who is looking for an affordable fax service and do not require to send more than 250 faxes a month, then you can go with it.
Is Smart Fax legit?
Yes, Smart Fax is legit.
What file formats are supported by Smart Fax?
Smart FAx supports the following file formats:
- Group 3 TIF Image
- Adobe® Acrobat® PDF
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Rich Text Format (RTF)
- Plain Text
- Access Snapshot (SNP)
How long does it take to send and receive a fax using Smart Fax?
It can take 2-3 minutes to send and receive a fax using Smart Fax.
Is Smart Fax accredited by BBB?
No, Smart Fax is not accredited by BBB.
Can I send colored faxes?
No, Smart Fax does not support colored faxes.
Shefali Jain is a Content Editor & Writer at National Planning Cycles.
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes.