When it comes to business communication, the significance of the fax cannot be denied. Many offices still use faxes to communicate with customers and suppliers around the globe.
However, many people are unfamiliar with the fax header and its purpose even today.
In this guide, we’ll be explaining what a fax header is and why it is a vital part of fax. So, next time you know precisely how to use it while axing someone.
What is a Fax Header?
It is the most prominent part of a fax document containing all the essential details to identify the actual source of the fax.
It usually mentions the date and time on which the fax began its transmission, the names of both sender and recipient and their fax numbers, and the name and number of the fax machine sending the fax.
The information in the fax header is usually imprinted automatically at the top of each page by the fax machine.
Putting a fax header is necessary, especially if you don’t use a cover sheet with information.
Read: What Is Classic Fax?
Read: How To Fax From Email?
What is a Purpose of a Fax Header?
The fax header indicates the identity of the fax and helps companies confirm the accuracy of the receiving documents and record accurate fax time, which is sometimes very important.
To ensure smooth communication with your customers or business partners, learning how to put a fax header is inevitable.
How to Add a Fax Header?
Nowadays, tons of modern devices are available that allows you to send and receive fax quickly.
Here are the various ways to set up a fax header:
- All-in-one Printer
If you want to use an all-in-one printer to send a fax, you can easily set up the fax header through the software provided with the printer or set up the fax header from the control panel.
Here are the instructions below to set up the fax header:
- Press the home button on your fax machine and tap on “Set up.”
- Next, tap on the “Fax Set up” and then “Preferences.”
- Tap on the “Fax Header.”
- Enter your name or company name and tap “Done.”
- Online Fax Service
If you want to use free fax online service, here’s how you can add a header:
- Start by clicking on the “Home” button option.
- Next, click on the arrow key and choose the “Set up” option.
- Next, click on the “Fax settings,” and there, you will see a “Communication” option.
- Click on the arrow button, select “Header,” and then “Fax Header.”
- A numeric keyboard or a keypad will appear on the screen.
- Enter the sender’s name, your name, or your business name in 40 characters and click on “OK.”
- Fax Applications
Setting a fax header is also simple and easy with online fax applications. Below is the step-by-step method to put a fax header:
- Download the app on your phone and install it.
- Create an account.
- To add the fax head, follow the same method used to add a cover sheet.
- Scan or upload the document you want to fax out.
- In the end, save your changes or preferences.
Shefali Jain is a Content Editor & Writer at National Planning Cycles.
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes.