Wondering what is a product testing program, and is it even legit? Keep reading!
Earning money by testing products may sound like a dream job, but it is a reality for many people.
Product testing programs allow individuals to get paid to test new and upcoming products, all from the comfort of their own homes.
Keep reading to learn more about product testing programs, including how to find legitimate opportunities and get started.
What Is A Product Testing Program?
A product testing program is an excellent way for people to earn extra money from the comfort of their own homes.
In a product testing program, individuals are given products to test and then asked to provide feedback on those products.
This feedback can be in the form of a review, or it can simply be a rating of the product.
Product testing programs are a great way for companies to get honest feedback about their products from real people.
In many cases, the products that are being tested are new and have not yet been released to the public.
This makes product testing programs an excellent way for people to get their hands on new products before anyone else.
How To Get Started With A Product Testing Program?
There are a few different ways that people can get started with this program:
- Sign Up For A Program: Many companies offer product testing programs. Some of these companies will send out products to testers regularly, while others will only send out products when they have something new to test.
- Find A Product Testing Opportunity: In some cases, people may be able to find product testing opportunities through online forums or classified ads. These opportunities are usually not as reliable as signing up for a program, but they can be an excellent way to get started.
- Work With A Company: Some companies will hire people specifically to test their products. This is usually only an option for people who live near the company or have some product testing experience.
Product testing is a great way to earn extra money, but it is not a full-time income.
How Can I Become a Product Tester & Get Free Products?
Here are a few ways by which you can get free products and samples from companies:
- Become a part of product testing panels & give reviews: Many companies offer free products in exchange for reviews. To receive these free sample products, you simply have to join their product testing panel and write a review of the product in return. Some companies with product testing panels include Johnson & Johnson, L’Oreal, SheSpeaks, The Pink Panel, etc.
- Become an Influenster: Influenster is a platform that sends out sample boxes for you to try called “Vox Boxes.” To receive the box, you will need to register and complete certain tasks. You will be notified if you become eligible for the product, and later you will be asked to write a review in return.
- Sign up on Survey Sites: There are many survey sites too that offer sample products in exchange for a review or fill out a survey. Toulna, Pinecone Research, and Vindale are some examples of such survey sites.
- Look at Reddit “Freebies”: This is a discussion forum, and in the “Freebies” section of Reddit, you can find daily updates of free product samples. The best part is that you do not even need to create an account for this.
- Request Samples & Coupons from Companies: This might sound vague, but you can get free samples and coupons from companies if you simply reach out to them via social media or to their customer service and ask for the same.
Best Product Testing Sites in 2023
These are the best product testing sites in 2023:
- Amazon Vine
- Johnson & Johnson
- The Pink Panel
- Under Armour
- Red Robin
- American Consumer Opinion
- Daily Goodie Box
- Pinecone Research
- Beta Testing
What to Look for In A Product Testing Program?
There are a few things that you should look for when signing up for this program:
- Reputation: Make sure that the company you sign up with has a good reputation. You can check online reviews to see what other people have said about the company.
- Compensation: Find out how you will be compensated for your time. Some programs will only pay prizes, while others will pay in cash or gift cards. You’ll also be getting the products for free, so that’s something to consider as well.
- Requirements: Some product testing programs may require you to meet certain criteria, such as having a particular type of computer or being a certain age. Make sure that you can meet the requirements before signing up.
Read: Should You Pay To Join Survey Sites That Pay You Money?
Also Read Vindale Research Review
Why Do Companies Offer Product Testers?
There are many reasons why companies offer product testers before their launch. Let’s check out some of them:
- Helps in improving product: Maybe the consumers love your product but have concerns about the interface, or maybe they like your product but do not feel content with the size, and so on. By sending out product testers and getting reviews in return helps the company to implement final changes in the product before launch.
- Learn which demographic resonates most: By analyzing the reviews collected, a company can understand which age group, location, gender, etc., your product resonates the most with. This helps them in launching the product in the most profitable demographic.
- Brings agility in workflow: By sending free samples and by collecting reviews from time to time, a company can make an informed decision and understand what their consumers think about the product. This eliminates the need to rely on third-party insights, which may or may not be accurate.
- Save time & cost: Product testers allow companies to identify flaws in their product and allow them to fix them before launching them in the market. This helps in saving a lot of time and cost.
If you enjoy giving your honest opinion, then a product testing program may be an excellent opportunity for you.
Just make sure to research the companies you sign up with and only work with those that offer good compensation and have a good reputation.
What are the different types of product testing?
These are the most common types of product testing methods:
- A/B testing
- QA testing
- User testing
- Concept testing
- Market testing
- Regression testing
What is the meaning of product testing?
Product testing means measuring the performance, quality, features, etc., of a service or a product before its final launch in the market.
Product testing can be done by sending out free samples to consumers, or it can be done in a laboratory too.
How to qualify for product testers?
Here are some basic steps that can help you in qualifying to become a product tester:
- Identify which type of product you want to test.
- Find companies that offer product testers.
- Register on different product testing sites.
- Complete the screening process.
- Fill out your details.
- Receive the product and, in exchange, share a review.
Shefali Jain is a Content Editor & Writer at National Planning Cycles.
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes.