Air fryers are devices that can cook your food thanks to hot air circulating inside the oven at high speed.
Despite the purchase that might require a small investment at the beginning, air fryers can make you save tons of money for several reasons.
In this article, we’ll figure out how air fryers work and what are the advantages.
- High-Speed Convection Fans help in cooking food faster because they rotate very quickly inside the fryer.
- It also helps in cooking the food uniformly as the heat gets distributed in the air fryer in all places.
- Because of the convection fans, air fryers are optimized to get the highest speed possible.
High-Speed Convection Fans
The most peculiar feature of air fryers, and the one that allows cooking without the use the oil, is the fact that air circulates inside the cooking chamber at high speed, other than at a high temperature.
Common ovens are often equipped with convection fans: they are meant to let hot air circulate within the oven so that the food is uniformly cooked.
With air fryers, the principle might also be the same but is far more powerful.
First of all, air fryers are smaller than common ovens: it’s easier to get high temperatures within their chambers and let air circulate at a fast speed.
Second, air fryers are optimized to get the highest speed possible, thanks to the convection fans.
With this system, hot air circulates inside the cooking chamber at the highest speed, and food can be cooked faster, creating a crispy layer that resembles the one you can obtain when you fry food and immerse it in oil.
Air Fryers: Advantages
The system we’ve just described with high-speed convection fans allows for many advantages:
- The cooking is uniform: When you fry food in oil, you need to be careful to expose every side of the piece of food to the hot oil. With air fryers, the food is located inside a holed basket. The basket is made so that air circulate all around it – and therefore the food – so that every side is uniformly exposed to the heat.
- You don’t need any oil: Hot air circulating at high speed can cook food without the use of any oil. Other than letting you save money, this is a great advantage for your health: reducing the fats in your diet will lower your cholesterol levels, let you lose some weight, and improve your overall health.
- You can save money on your bills: with an air fryer, you can cook food far more quickly than with a traditional oven. This means that you’ll need less power, and you’ll end up saving a lot of money on your bills.
- Air fryers are very versatile: despite the name suggesting that you can only fry food with them, you can actually cook any kind of food. If your model allows you to regulate the speed of convection fans, you can use your new air fryer as an alternative to your oven. 1
So now you know what is speed convection fans and how it helps immensely in cooking food uniformly and achiving the best taste possible. Without it, air fryers won’t be useful at all.
Which oven is better conventional or fan?
Using a fan oven, you can achieve evenly cooked food that smells delicious, while a conventional oven is optimum for delicate & slow cooking.
Can I put foil inside an air fryer?
Yes, there is no harm in putting foil inside your air fryer. However, use it with recipes that require its usage. 2
Is air frying and speed convection the same thing?
No, they are different from each other in the sense that both work at different fan speeds & temperatures.
Amit Gupta is the founder of National Planning Cycles, a company that helps startups, individuals, and small businesses with their financial planning. He has a vast amount of experience in the finance sector, having managed Google Play accounts for some of the world’s most successful unicorns. Amit is an expert in his field, and he uses his knowledge to help others achieve their individual goals.
The National Planning Cycles is committed to producing high-quality content that follows industry standards. We do this by using primary sources, such as white papers and government data alongside original reporting from reputable publishers that were appropriate for the accuracy of information while still being unbiased. We have an editorial policy that includes verifiable facts with due credit given where applicable.